• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1650
rage.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does anyone feel like pro dota at the moment doesn't really have 'big plays'? i feel like it's all about individual players/heroes more than slaying the coordination.

jew

Banned
dota as a game only has two possible victory paths. 1 u turtle in a deficit and eventually u win th egame with spuerior lat egame. 2 u steamroll so hard that u just outright iwn the game without contest from the other team.

Red UFO

I built a diffusal blade on gyro and it was fun. People just cannot get away from rocket barrage unless a force staff is in play and nearby.

I built a diffusal blade on gyro and it was fun. People just cannot get away from rocket barrage unless a force staff is in play and nearby.

I built one vs. Omniknight and it worked well:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1775232380

Built one on Bloodseeker against another Omni too:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1810192147

3k Omnis never seen that coming. Oftentimes, I feel they didn't know about the interaction in the first place and have actually no idea what's happening even after I purge their shti time and time again. Pretty sure both Omnis just kept repelling themselves while running away from me to no avail. Other than maybe waste my charges I suppose.

I also had 770 GPM 8:30 minutes into the game in that Bloodseeker game.

Red UFO

I built one vs. Omniknight and it worked well:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1775232380

Built one on Bloodseeker against another Omni too:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1810192147

3k Omnis never seen that coming. Oftentimes, I feel they didn't know about the interaction in the first place and have actually no idea what's happening even after I purge their shti time and time again. Pretty sure both Omnis just kept repelling themselves while running away from me to no avail. Other than maybe waste my charges I suppose.

I also had 770 GPM 8:30 minutes into the game in that Bloodseeker game.
Do you think an enemy Wraith King justifies a diffusal blade purchase? I've tried it a few times and I find it just doesn't drain enough mana to stop his ult popping off.

I mean on any hero btw, not just on gyro.

Do you think an enemy Wraith King justifies a diffusal blade purchase? I've tried it a few times and I find it just doesn't drain enough mana to stop his ult popping off.

I mean on any hero btw, not just on gyro.
I have the same experience. In my games, he usually died before I drained enough mana with Diffusal Blade to prevent his ult. I suppose it could work with Windrunner and Troll however. Necronomicon works pretty well because the two necros don't hit hard enough to kill him while draining his mana.

It probably depends though. Back when WK was picked in pro games, people didn't get Diffusal Blades on their heroes to counter pick because there were better choices and I think that's still the case.

Artanisix

http://ask.fm/MoonMeanderated/answer/131595133231

Yeesh what is mumblegaf like during games

I am chill and talkative while doing awful item and skill builds in the name of science
Phil says i am dead a lot
Gofu will passive aggressive rage when he dies
109 will aggressive aggressive rage when he dies
Anbokr pretty much doesn't say anything unless it's I'm going to jungle
Tswift will die and say fuck this I'm farming
Freakinchair is fun and loving and then calls the opposing mid a hacker
Moodyshuffle is the silent killa
Demoli says I'm tired
Sanjay Nilay Meteorain Ikuu all scream at each other like a pack of rabid baboons over things like donating tangos
Judge spreads his black wisdom and recommends never marrying
Dan talks about his ten houses
Jambi will be talking to himself in the wrong channel before realizing everyone is somewhere else
Sixghost always sounds depressed
Vade sounds like Jambi

Did i miss anyone

Vade

I once muted Pro because his mic was giving me cancer and then forgot to unmute him for months. I thought he just stop talking and became a silent burglar for stealing other people's dogs.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You guys wuld be suprised if you listened to our ihl games
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

just wait until (if) u lose m8... o god ur european too, elitro w/e u do do not say 1.09 three times into a mirror for ur own safety

Oh yeah Pro talks and gets pissed when no one else talks

Also there are three ways to summon the other procarbine... depressedcarbine:
-Lose a lot of dota games while not talking (or set him up to feed like playing CM/SD against a storm or timber against silencer); alternatively, force him to play KOTL
-Play the map "Overpass" in CS:GO
-It's rumored that if you say 'depressedcarbine' three times into a mirror he will come... it will begin to rain...and then a small white ginger boy with a joisey accent will whisper dispiriting things into every crevice of your body

pLS help me sixeightfivenobi u are my only hope

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
holy shit going from an ssd to a regular old hard drive is so fucking awful

guys we should just tell stories until 6.85 comes out

fuck cobblestone

wtf cobble is ownage, but seriously if u don't wanna play it again just find 1 or 2 other people in mumble that don't like cobble then loudly proclaim how much you hate cobble everytime we inhouse on cobble so we never inhouse on cobble again, and so you make everyone else feel bad for enjoying cobble. then you have your very own anti-competitive map X union. you're welcome. freakinchair and i have already started the mirage group we are just looking for 1 more member before banning mirage forever

TUSR

Banned
wtf cobble is ownage, but seriously if u don't wanna play it again just find 1 or 2 other person in mumble that don't like cobble then loudly proclaim how much you hate cobble everytime we inhouse on cobble so we never inhouse on cobble again and make everyone else feel bad for enjoying cobble. then you have your very own anti-competitive map X union. you're welcome.

p sure we did this already

I had the best nap yesterday and slept through the IH games

Vade

Also there are three ways to summon the other procarbine... depressedcarbine:
-Lose a lot of dota games while not talking (or set him up to feed like playing CM/SD against a storm or timber against silencer); alternatively, force him to play KOTL
-Play the map "Overpass" in CS:GO
-It's rumored that if you say 'depressedcarbine' three times into a mirror he will come... it will begin to rain...and then a small white ginger boy with a joisey accent will whisper dispiriting things into every crevice of your body

Depressedcarbine in real life hugged BZM. This hug was so empty it caused BZM to disappear from mumble, GAF, and the Real World: Denver.

inkls

apology for poor english

when were you when 6.84 dies?

i was sat at home eating mangoes when TSUR ring

‘6.84 is kill’

‘no’

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
how does it feel being a dirty broke ass peasant

hey im not gofu, my new ssd will be here in like 6-7 days but until them im sentenced to w/e hell terrorblade is in foulfell right it's where everything feels 3-4s behind

Depressedcarbine in real life hugged BZM. This hug was so empty it caused BZM to disappear from mumble, GAF, and the Real World: Denver.

n6ZKu8V.gif

Top Bottom