• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

kionedrik

Slark might be the only hero that's nerfed in every patch but it's not enough, he needs to be nerfed some more. /s

Seriously? The hero has a ton of counters and your argument that "you don't want to build X to counter him" or "he forces you to build Y and you don't like it" is really weak. Adapt and evolve.

god the music pack sounds soooooo good
ZDsxCCG.gif

If any of you buy it, please tell me how it goes for mixing/transitioning with game tempo
TI5 pack sounds pretty good on its own, but in game its awful and takes me out of the fight
I get into it

the normal ambient nothing is happening music is not that exciting but when anything happens shit goes off and it's great

it'll be my default music for a while

Hylian7

Slark might be the only hero that's nerfed in every patch but it's not enough, he needs to be nerfed some more. /s

Seriously? The hero has a ton of counters and your argument that "you don't want to build X to counter him" or "he forces you to build Y and you don't like it" is really weak. Adapt and evolve.

Build what exactly? I have yet to see any specific item be suggested to counter Slark. I know plenty of items that deal with him well, but often times they are still not enough.

Orchid - if you get him before he presses Q with no BKB, you're fine, otherwise...
Hex - same deal as orchid, but more expensive, prevents BKB if you get it with the right timing
Abyssal - same deal as hex

All the suggestions have been about picks and "don't feed him"

3k for a reason, Hylian.
LOL Oh fucking please, don't you fucking sling these insults just because I don't agree with you on a balance issue.

And suggesting Pounce should bash/ministun is laughable.

Chris R

So apparently the game I left at 75 minutes after one of my team abandoned went over 120. My team was terrible, but the other team was so so bad. How a game goes over 2 full hours when the other side had Tinker to push in wave after wave is beyond me.

kionedrik

Build what exactly? I have yet to see any specific item be suggested to counter Slark. I know plenty of items that deal with him well, but often times they are still not enough.

Orchid - if you get him before he presses Q with no BKB, you're fine, otherwise...
Hex - same deal as orchid, but more expensive, prevents BKB if you get it with the right timing
Abyssal - same deal as hex

All the suggestions have been about picks and "don't feed him"

LOL Oh fucking please, don't you fucking sling these insults just because I don't agree with you on a balance issue.

And suggesting Pounce should bash/ministun is laughable.

How do you deal with AM/Jugg/Dusa/BS/ any carry without hard disables? You don't right!? So they must all be the most OP shit ever just like Slark.

Slark is not OP and it's not unbalanced, you just don't know how to deal with him, and quite honestly you don't seem to want to open your eyes and accept it.

It's true that Slark can shut down a lot of heroes but he can be shut down by just as many or even more. The problem seems to be he shuts down some heroes you like to play. He is due a buff in some way for a long time.

Hylian7

How do you deal with AM/Jugg/Dusa/BS/ any carry without hard disables? You don't right!? So they must all be the most OP shit ever just like Slark.

Slark is not OP and it's not unbalanced, you just don't know how to deal with him, and quite honestly you don't seem to want to open your eyes and accept it.

It's true that Slark can shut down a lot of heroes but he can be shut down by just as many or even more. The problem seems to be he shuts down some heroes you like to play. He is due a buff in some way for a long time.
Slark is a completely different beast than the heroes you named there. Not a single one of those heroes can say "Fuck your disables, bye!" without a BKB then dive you with no fucks given. Then he just becomes a monster that if you didn't stop him in the first 10 minutes (which he is still super strong during), you either already lost or have an uphill battle ahead of you.

At the very least, there should be a visual for when he casts Dark Pact, then at least you could know when you are wasting your disables. That and an increased CD on Shadow Dance and he is probably fine.

kionedrik

Slark is a completely different beast than the heroes you named there. Not a single one of those heroes can say "Fuck your disables, bye!" without a BKB then dive you with no fucks given. Then he just becomes a monster that if you didn't stop him in the first 10 minutes (which he is still super strong during), you either already lost or have an uphill battle ahead of you.

You're joking right? Slark has a miserable time in lane. He has shit HP pool, shit damage, shit attack animation and attack speed, shit armor... must I go on? And if he tries to engage with Dark Pact he will be left with half of his already miserable HP. Truly a god among men. And the struggle doesn't end at 6 because lv1 Shadow Dance is a shit spell.

At the very least, there should be a visual for when he casts Dark Pact, then at least you could know when you are wasting your disables. That and an increased CD on Shadow Dance and he is probably fine.

Another are you joking moment. I don't know what setting you are using, so I don't know if you can see it, but there's definitely an animation around him when he casts it.

Hylian7

You're joking right? Slark has a miserable time in lane. He has shit HP pool, shit damage, shit attack animation and attack speed, shit armor... must I go on? And if he tries to engage with Dark Pact he will be left with half of his already miserable HP. Truly a god among men. And the struggle doesn't end at 6 because lv1 Shadow Dance is a shit spell.

You are seriously going to tell me that near-invulnerability at level 6 is shit?

Another are you joking moment. I don't know what setting you are using, so I don't know if you can see it, but there's definitely an animation around him when he casts it.
I am pretty sure you are wrong about this. I can't check right now, but even if it is there, it is definitely not prominent enough to see.

kionedrik

You are seriously going to tell me that near-invulnerability at level 6 is shit?

I am pretty sure you are wrong about this. I can't check right now, but even if it is there, it is definitely not prominent enough to see.

120 mana, which is a lot for him, and a very low HP regen. It's quite underwhelming even for passive while jungling/laning. And it only provides invulnerability against right-clicks and targeted spells.

After checking the wiki I must admit I was wrong. The animation and sound are only visible to allies. Still that doesn't change the fact that you can easily play around it, you just need to think before acting.

Top Bottom