• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

TheCrow

I want to check it out but it depends on how bad the lines are. I'm not waiting two hours to try it for 5 minutes and catch pink eye.
They are 30 minute demos and 2 hour waits sound about right. Assuming it's the same setup they've had for the tour. I'm picking up a vive at launch so I'm excited to try it out for the first time.

Chris R

They are 30 minute demos and 2 hour waits sound about right. Assuming it's the same setup they've had for the tour. I'm picking up a vive at launch so I'm excited to try it out for the first time.
30 minute demos they better have 25+ stations, hope it's not outside or if it is the rooms have some kind of air conditioning... Looks like it's going to be mid 80s all week long, I'm gonna fucking melt

shira

TUSR you want your GAF meetlist in the TI5 OT or is that for dotogaf only?
thinking.gif

30 minute demos they better have 25+ stations, hope it's not outside or if it is the rooms have some kind of air conditioning... Looks like it's going to be mid 80s all week long, I'm gonna fucking melt

If it's in the Juggernaut Plaza it might be a climate controlled tent, but that looks so small.

Chris R

thinking.gif

If it's in the Juggernaut Plaza it might be a climate controlled tent, but that looks so small.

It's not that small of an area since that's where the shop was last year but I don't know how big each demo room has to be.

TUSR

Banned
thinking.gif

when i distributed it, i told everyone that it was private.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Not joking right now. I am abandoning every game with a Techies in it. I will play every game of Dota for the rest of my life in low priority if I have to. I'm never playing another game with a Techies in it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, bets on who wins the wild cards? My money is on MVP #1 (No one expects warlock!), CEDC #2, Vega #3, NAR #4

elyetis

Maybe that dota vr thing will see the light of day. Excited to check out the vive at ti.
Being able to spectate games in VR seems so logical it would be pretty crazy for Valve not to do it to promote steam vr ( same with Source Filmmaker ). Yet it's Valve so I wont get my hopes up when it comes to see that getting released by TI6.

J2d

I love the beta so far, faster than the original client, less bugs, haven't had a dc in 15 games and the menus are awesome, looks promising, I give it a few months before the Mac version shits the bed.

Wok

Make a friends only smurf
Hmm. I'll do this definitely.
My friends are decent, There are times that everything just go in place. They gank, they put wards/deward ,carry and mid doing well. But they lack the little things. They don't have a sense of urgency. They won't even bother to stack unless you tell them.
The one that grind my gears is their hero picks. They would just pick for shit and giggles.
I don't really get mad but these past days it's getting on my nerves. It's a good thing though that I don't show it. I just keep it to myself.

Looking at Party Finder's groups is depressing. It's just a bunch of "EXP kill no noobs 1 fail = kickk know your job" etc, coupled with EX trainings at ivll180.

Also PvP. Everyone is angry in a PvP fight (granted, it's clear that some people just join to do nothing and get them free tomestones).

what the fuck are you talking about
surprise.gif

I swear to God, Dota fans have more money than they know what to do with.

Meanwhile in FGC even the players seem to be dirt poor if their streams are any indication.

Jackson50

I don't see Necro getting picked with Glimmer being a thing, also TB is awful but he might get picked anyway.
I think Necrophos was picked twice in May and June, and TB wasn't picked once. So, yes. Neither might not get picked. I would add Luna and Lone Druid to that list. Unless there's a secret pro strategy I'm unaware of, both heroes are remarkably weak. I don't see how anyone could make LD viable given the current meta. He takes too long to adequately equip, and by that point you've lost your rax.

Forgetting no tier, Mr Elder Titan. He'll probably be picked though.

Everything about him is slow and I feel he is that Treebeard guy from Lord of the Rings.

Would making his sleep turn into a true stun help? His ult is only useful if you cast once a teamfight starts and they don't see it. Most of the time it's easily dodged or blinked away from.

Everything about him is slow and I feel he is that Treebeard guy from Lord of the Rings.

Would making his sleep turn into a true stun help? His ult is only useful if you cast once a teamfight starts and they don't see it. Most of the time it's easily dodged or blinked away from.

make his ult a hard stun (2 seconds ?) and then maybe he'll be viable

Jackson50

But Dota already has a Treebeard. Elder Titan has to be someone else.

Top Bottom