• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

181a84c8d7.png
That's weird, I didn't set my profile to private.Check you pm.

If that Dropbox link goes down, I'm hosting a compressed (4 MB) version of the TI5 stats doc on my server.

Quote to reveal. Please don't share the link. Grab it now because I'll be taking down this server instance in about a week.

abunai

should we set up a TI irc channel or are we just going to meme here
also why is the international twitch channel broadcasting?

If that Dropbox link goes down, I'm hosting a compressed (4 MB) version of the TI5 stats doc on my server.

Quote to reveal. Please don't share the link. Grab it now because I'll be taking down this server instance in about a week.

Thanks, i will disable the dropbox link now.

This whole situation with the stats reminds me of the papers and documents that professors used to hand out to us when i was a TA. They contained information about what was coming up on the tests and homework for that semester so we could read up on the important bits without having to read all the books.
If someone had given those papers to students it would be unfair if the rest had to take the tests without having access to them so i see why valve would share the data with the other teams.

However i also think its understandable if some teams find this unfair as even though the data is already publicly available this sort of takes the effort away from having to find, calculate and compile all the data in this manner.
A good manager should of course already have a similar set of data that they handed to their team much like a good student should have read up on most of the curriculum prior to a test, but this equalize the playing field between good managers and really good managers.

The only thing that bothers me about the stats thing is that someone revealed it. It's not full of super secret information that couldn't be found elsewhere. Any team that didn't already know the gist of what's in that document from training and research doesn't deserve to be at TI.

However i also think its understandable if some teams find this unfair as even though the data is already publicly available this sort of takes the effort away from having to find, calculate and compile all the data in this manner.

It's naive for anyone competing in TI to think the opposing teams won't at least have as much information as the fluff casters.

The only thing that bothers me about the stats thing is that someone revealed it. It's not full of super secret information that couldn't be found elsewhere. Any team that didn't already know the gist of what's in that document from training and research doesn't deserve to be at TI.

doubt any team had something that synthetic and well presented

It's naive for anyone competing in TI to think the opposing teams won't at least have as much information as the fluff casters.

I totally agree. I mean we are talking about a multi million dollar tournament here and these are pretty much the best teams in the world right now. All the teams currently competing should already know most of what is written in this document. But i still think it sucks that someone sent the document to a team.
I understand that it might make this International more fun to watch but i cant help but think about the what ifs.
Like if the outcome of a match is decided by a piece of information found in the documents that the teams manager or statistician missed or simply neglected to mention.

kvk1

noobfromua is casting old TI3 matches

watching the fountain hook game right now...so many emotions coming flooding back

TI3 was when i fell in love with this game

it was amazing

Zeknurn

Oh joy. I got into a game where the random Medusa goes split shot first and dies 7 times in 7 minutes by walking into the enemy and having the reaction time of a stone.

Let me leave this fucking game without getting punished.

edit: 30 minute Armlet on Medusa. This has to be someone griefing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I really wish I knew why I was perma-banned from dota2ti's Twitch channel. I know it has been since TI3, but I honestly couldn't even imagine specifically what for.

Top Bottom