• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

ohhhh, I know about that one
I thought he said something new

to be completely honest, some australians do use that, but its like that who hey hey its saturday black face debacle

we're racist idiots who don't get the full connotation, and then after being informed of it still pretend its ok because black slavery wasn't a thing here, how could we possibly be racist
kunk-rum.gif

its usually teenagers taking it from rap and other stuff

ohhhh, I know about that one
I thought he said something new

to be completely honest, some australians do use that, but its like that who hey hey its saturday black face debacle

we're racist idiots who don't get the full connotation, and then after being informed of it still pretend its ok because black slavery wasn't a thing here, how could we possibly be racist
kunk-rum.gif

its usually teenagers taking it from rap and other stuff

Well, he doesn't like being associated with Australia either. https://youtu.be/VJscCwZlCLc?t=74

kionedrik

"As long as there's someone to listen to it, there will always be someone that is offended by it"

Anyone ever heard or read this? Clearly a case of what's described by that sentence. You are all blowing this out of proportion as this is clearly not a case of racism.

Nowadays everything leads to a witch hunt of some sort.

"As long as there's someone to listen to it, there will always be someone that is offended by it"

Anyone ever heard or read this? Clearly a case of what's described by that sentence. You are all blowing this out of proportion as this is clearly not a case of racism.

Nowadays everything leads to a witch hunt of some sort.

ill be frank, i couldnt care less.

just wanted to show people pick the people they want to plop and make excuses for others.

i also dont think its a good look that a host of your tournament does stuff like that.

hulk is being deleted and he said it during a very private moment.

ill be frank, i couldnt care less.

just wanted to show people pick the people they want to plop and make excuses for others.

i also dont think its a good look that a host of your tournament does stuff like that.

hulk is being deleted and he said it during a very private moment.

I think there's a difference between calling your daughter's boyfriend the n-word (and in general using that word rather liberally) and picking up a stupid joke from Twitch chat that is insensitive and plays on a stereotype. I agree that it's easy to overlook stupid things when they are done by people that you like.

kionedrik

And a corporation chose not to associate with someone who'd had their private racism overheard by the public

not that WWE's full of saints tho

I'm not going to defend Tobi's comment (that I just now became aware of) but:

1- He's not a Valve employee unlike Hulk with WWE
2- He's not the "face" or symbol of the game/business like Hulk

Anyway, 2 completely different situations.

edit: I also don't agree that he should be regarded so highly by Valve when it comes to choosing casters, but my grievance on the subject comes from current behavior and not some 2012 comment.

Quesa

I'm not going to defend Tobi's comment (that I just now became aware of) but:

1- He's not a Valve employee unlike Hulk with WWE
2- He's not the "face" or symbol of the game/business like Hulk

Anyway, 2 completely different situations.

I was talking about Hogan

Kade

I was wondering when they'd start doing pre-order tie-in items again. The last one was the Thief set for Drow Ranger I think.

this is your daily reminder that pretty much everyone involved with the pro Dota scene is terrible in some way or another

still can't believe it's okay for casters to talk about "raping" on stream, it's so juvenile

Vade

Arise's trash talk on his stream is pretty hilarious tbh

It reminds me of the classic single Regulate by Warren G and Nate Dogg. In this case Arise is Nate Dogg going to regulate 'Busters' thus the lyric "if your ass is a Buster 213 will regulate" seems to be interpreted as : Nate concludes his delineation of the night by issuing a threat to 'Busters' suggesting that he and Warren will further 'regulate' any potential incidents in the future. Presumably by engaging the antagonists with small arms fire.

Nah I think there's still a few honest, clean personalities in the scene
Draskyll comes to mind for example. Dude is chill, humble, talented, and not an ass

this is your daily reminder that pretty much everyone involved with the pro Dota scene is terrible in some way or another

still can't believe it's okay for casters to talk about "raping" on stream, it's so juvenile
I don't think I've heard that on a Dota cast in a long time. It was pretty common a couple years ago (and it wasn't okay then either, just to be clear) but I'm pretty sure you won't hear that phrase at TI at all.

I don't think I've heard that on a Dota cast in a long time. It was pretty common a couple years ago (and it wasn't okay then either, just to be clear) but I'm pretty sure you won't hear that phrase at TI at all.

pretty sure xyclopz still uses that often
but it's okay because people ironically like xyclopzz because of his shit accent and english
props to bts for using the dude, real classy

Pratfall

is this still happening? who said it?

Any of you guys beaten the horde mode custom game?

Stuck on the easy map. Farthest I've made it so far is the wave after the warlock golems with all the roshans.

abunai

It's a twitch irc channel and their IRC servers are terrible. Probably got killed after being empty for X hours. I made #DotaGAF on quakenet but whether people want to use it is another matter. Inviting everyone to twitch again might be a pain.

e: vvv ez then nbd

fallout

On the subject of caster pet peeves, the overuse of the word "that" as a replacement for all other determiners really irks me. It just sounds like such unnatural speech and really breaks the flow of a lot of sentences.

E.g.,
"He's totally winning that mid-lane." instead of "He's totally winning the mid-lane."
"He'll be picking up that AC." instead of "He'll be picking an AC."

Indignate

Some players were saying stupid shit during Summit castings, but that was players and not casters.

I haven't pre-ordered a thing ever but fuck.

kionedrik

Ive been watching the casters and ODPixel is far from talented. He spams words, and suffers from the constant "as well" usage syndrome. Kotlguy is much better.

It's a fair thing to say but it might also be what captivates me the most. KotLGuy is also nice but he doesn't seem to grab me, his speech is too paused and/or monotonous. I also like OD's banter with the co-casters.

It's a case of different strokes for different folks...

Never seen him cast. He is clearly knowledgeable and a great analyst at the very least.

winter remains >>>>>>>

he's often a bit too overeager to get a word in to the point where he'll straight up talk over someone else before they're done, but he generally has very solid insight from a player/strategy perspective and you can tell the vets like Merlini have a lot of respect for him

Top Bottom