• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

DrPizza

Banned
I'm not going to defend Tobi's comment (that I just now became aware of) but:

1- He's not a Valve employee unlike Hulk with WWE
2- He's not the "face" or symbol of the game/business like Hulk

Anyway, 2 completely different situations.

edit: I also don't agree that he should be regarded so highly by Valve when it comes to choosing casters, but my grievance on the subject comes from current behavior and not some 2012 comment.

He's racist, he's fucking creepy, and he's a bad caster.

Apart from that, good pick for casting the fucking TI5 finals.

I'm really annoyed about the newcomer stream this year. It was far and away the best stream last year, and I think it's a great shame that it's so scaled back this time around. If anything, I think they should have doubled down on it.

Risible

Fuck Valve's matchmaking. For reals. It can't be more fucking obvious when it's your turn to lose.

Your time to win - people communicating, no feeding, supporting each other, pushing when appropriate, farming when appropriate.

Your time to lose - the only communication is to tell you how much you suck, pushing when they should be farming and vice versa, not playing their roles, not having each other's backs, the list goes on and on.

It's so night and day that it's ridiculous. It's not a subtle gradation, it's a blatant in your face "HEY I HEARD YOU LIKE FEEDING SO I SENT YOU SOME FEEDERS FOR YOUR FEEDING OH AND THEY LIKE TO TELL YOU TO GO FUK YER MUM" type of thing.

Pratfall

Fuck Valve's matchmaking. For reals. It can't be more fucking obvious when it's your turn to lose.

Your time to win - people communicating, no feeding, supporting each other, pushing when appropriate, farming when appropriate.

Your time to lose - the only communication is to tell you how much you suck, pushing when they should be farming and vice versa, not playing their roles, not having each other's backs, the list goes on and on.

It's so night and day that it's ridiculous. It's not a subtle gradation, it's a blatant in your face "HEY I HEARD YOU LIKE FEEDING SO I SENT YOU SOME FEEDERS FOR YOUR FEEDING OH AND THEY LIKE TO TELL YOU TO GO FUK YER MUM" type of thing.

i know what you mean. if it weren't for valves matchmaking I would win every game.

I don't really know if the whole "forced 50%" thing is true, but I can understand the frustration because it definitely feels that way sometimes. Like one match I get people who all have mics, all speak English, all communicating and interested in trying, the next match I get 3/5 people who don't speak the same language as me and someone goes AFK after picking.

Pratfall

I don't really know if the whole "forced 50%" thing is true, but I can understand the frustration because it definitely feels that way sometimes. Like one match I get people who all have mics, all speak English, all communicating and interested in trying, the next match I get 3/5 people who don't speak the same language as me and someone goes AFK after picking.

and in every other game you get a mixture of the two, but you don't remember those games

Razzer

Forced 50% is just a really weird way to look at it. If the two teams are completely even, then surely you should win 50% of the time. Having a 50% win rate means the matchmaking is doing one of the things it's supposed to. Of course, if it's the range of skill on each team you don't like then sure, but win rate has nothing to do with that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hopefully that Final Fantasy shit ends up like the Drow thief set and is practically free on the marketplace some day. I'd like a chocobro courier, but not enough to buy a Final Fantasy game.

and in every other game you get a mixture of the two, but you don't remember those games

join our ts while we watch ti we miss u
cm-kiss.gif

I'm currently boosting an acc in the mid 2k bracket (boosting it up to 3k) and have a close to 100% winrate and it's fucking easy.

2k scrubs jelly i see

Also not a huge fan of Waga as a caster. He's got a peculiar ghetto slang that's off putting or is it just me?

Draskyl + OD is godlike on the other hand.

Top Bottom