• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

jew

Banned
bruh when u at a party lazyin some seashells and sum hella LIT bombshells walk in lMAOooo :dyin:
2OwgM6t.gif

kionedrik

6.86 is fully expected to be the real post-ti patch

I'm fully aware of that but the point is if they go far enough with what needs to be done.

- Some heroes need serious nerfs. Some 6.84 heroes still run rampant because Valve/IF didn't have the foresight/courage to do what needed to be done in 6.85;
- Unlike popular belief, I don't think many heroes need buffs. The game has been power-creeping for a good while now and it's the right call to slow things down.
- Some mechanics need some rethinking. Jungle camps positions (or the jungle in general), gold swings and streaks, blink dagger vs all the other movement items, towers damage output (let's face it, it's pathetic), etc

- This point is a personal bugbear but I saw it mentioned before in regards to the viability of this game (and others) as a sport. Is there really a place for so many random and uncontrollable events in a major sport? (things like Bara bashes, PA crits, uphill misses, runes, etc)

Sibylus

Banned
Hoping 6.86 is significant. Balance updates, QoL improvements, bugfixes, new heroes, and teases of heroes that have never been in Dota 1 or 2. The patch hype cycle has gotten really flat.

To get the hype back, this patch is important, but the one following is what will cement it.

Valve just doesn't support the game as much as we would like to.

Just seems they're spread very thin, coming up to 5 years since their last single player game.

BHK3

Banned
Revert forcestaff back to it's old components where it had the quarterstaff in it, I need a real int item to buy on wk that's not blademail.

Or buff blademail, either is good.

Deltoid

Banned
meh the best thing about dota is they don't respond with balance changes too quickly. it allows a meta to actually develop naturally through testing and tinkering rather than determining hero picks from the notes.

I believe it should but the bonus is pretty minimal in general, he gets most his damage from empower and items at this point of the game
Offlane is axmo I think

DrPizza

Banned
Na`Vi continuing to show that when they play well, they play really well, but they're still prone to moments of 2K MMR USSR aggression.

Top Bottom