• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Satch

Banned
jew
misc-frog.gif

bounchfx

rip to them both. it's getting hot in here. uhhh. Dota. Dota dota. 6.86. Soon yes? Probably tomorrow. Maybe Thursday. but probably sometime this year.

Acinixys

This LlamaDownUnder chick seems like she could be good

But holy shit

She tries to be the female version of Tobi and it fails hard

You cant be a hype caster if you talk shit and miss half the stuff thats happening on screen

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
We need a stinkls fake patch blog link to pep this thread back up, shit's getting too morbid.

6.86: cancelling sand kings ulti during channel will not put it on CD

I think the bigger issue is that SK essentially needs a Blink Dagger to even use his ult. There's almost no situation where it won't get cancelled otherwise. But I wouldn't mind that change since I'm guilty of screwing up that ultimate more times than I care to admit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think the bigger issue is that SK essentially needs a Blink Dagger to even use his ult. There's almost no situation where it won't get cancelled otherwise. But I wouldn't mind that change since I'm guilty of screwing up that ultimate more times than I care to admit.
Heroes without aoe stun (aka not Centaur, Slardar) SK can burrow behind them and shiftqueue epi thanks to turn speed and cast animation.

Using Epi on a mid/carry before blink is totally fine like Black Hole

Heroes without aoe stun (aka not Centaur, Slardar) SK can burrow behind them and shiftqueue epi thanks to turn speed and cast animation.

Using Epi on a mid/carry before blink is totally fine like Black Hole
I'm surprised that people still get upset over using big ults to get kills in the laning phase.

There's no teamfights, guys, it's fine. Calm down.

Hylian7

ATTENTION DOTAGAF

I am working on the OP for the OT13 and would like your help with an aspect of it, if you're willing to volunteer.

Part of the OP is going to have a brief description of each hero, without getting to specifics such as numbers, things like that. It's basically a "What does this hero do?" type of thing. For instance, this is Earthshaker's description:

Earthshaker

A support initiator capable of creating a wall to block off enemies for a positional advantage. He has a passive that stuns enemies around him when using any of his spells and with an ultimate that really needs a blink dagger, taking advantage of many units clumped up together for more damage.

No matter how much he gets changed (short of a complete rework which is extremely unlikely, and even then this information is unlikely to change), this stuff in the description will stay the same.

Now alongside that, what I need help with is that I want to have a WebM showing off what each hero does so to speak. So Earthshaker's would be this:

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdoredMealyBlackmamba.webm

It shows him blinking in, Echo Slamming, using Fissure, and Enchant Totem. This is basically what you think of when you see Earthshaker.

If you want to help me out with this, please let me know which heroes you are doing. Obviously I've already done Earthshaker, but I haven't done any of the rest yet.

Correct order should be dunk totem fissure
Kappa.png

I could help with descriptions if you want, but I'm shit at making webms. That's going to be a very long OT with 110 descriptions though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
hylian bro im guna be real having like 107 hero portraits, descriptions, and webm's is just way too unrealistic, it's too much—it's going to brick phones, the OP is going to be longer than an entire page, and it's just going to be an eye sore.

we don't need an entire dota wikipedia in the first post (better yet just get a wall of hero portraits and link to the dota wiki for further details), we need a succinct and entertaining first page for our own enjoyment and to hook new people in or direct them to useful resources

xanavi

yeah if they dont fix this shit asap im literally just playing revolver/awp that's it all u need
It's kind of crazy that they decided to nerf the AK and M4 as well.
kunk-rum.gif

... but it's cool, i got my LEM off revolvers thnx revolvers

Sick shit.
dac15_face.gif

They want us to use tap-shooting more so they nerfed everything about the guns but they went extra HAM on the crouch spraying so that we would default to wanting to tap. As if we're even going to want to buy them at all now.
FailFish.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's kind of crazy that they decided to nerf the AK and M4 as well.
kunk-rum.gif

yeah i dont get it at all, pistols barely got nerfed (feels like 1 in 5 moving shots are inaccurate now and tec-9 still has perfect movement accuracy) and save rounds already felt like a 30-35% chance to win, now it's going to be even higher with LOL revolver and the big nerf to rifles in general—especially spraying, spraying is pretty bad now feels like the spread went up with the recovery time (they also nerfed rifle crouch accuracy behind the scenes lol?)—awp feels indirectly godlike as a result too

but it's cool, i got my LEM off revolvers thnx revolvers

Hylian7

hylian bro im guna be real having like 107 hero portraits, descriptions, and webm's is just too much--it's going to brick phones, the OP is going to be longer than an entire page, and it's just going to be an eye sore.

we don't need an entire dota wikipedia in the first post (better yet just get a wall of hero portraits and link to the dota wiki for further details), we need a succinct and entertaining first page for our own enjoyment and to hook new people in

Honestly I really don't think the OP typically has enough information. I'm not going to discuss every facet of the game, but people often feel lost getting into the game and want something concise that would help them pick a hero. Like I said, it isn't going to contain all the information in the Dota wiki, item builds, skill builds, all of that. Just the hero, and a brief description of what they do as a quick reference to see what the game has to offer.

The plan was never to have all the WebMs embedded, just putting them under a spoiler tag with a "click to reveal". I'm thinking the same thing for hero descriptions too.

Actually I'm thinking I might make that part into a Google Doc or something. Still would need help with it anyway.

Glad to see people like him getting booted. Can't stand rubbish like that at all.

Too bad I'll not be at home during 6.86 reveal. Hope to catch a glimpse of it regardless.

Hylian7

Yeah on second thought, I think what I'm going to do is keep the descriptions and WebMs in a Google Doc or something like that, with all the hero portraits in the OP linking to those.

Top Bottom