• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

shira

8ijSz76.png

Tidehunter on my team salty because he kept getting killed early game, instead of playing smart he decided to sell his items and invest on some couriers to feed, he even killed couriers with our items.

But who cares when Spectre is on your team slicing through everything like a block of raw butter.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1857405642

Edit: NVM you can only spectate from the live games tab, so dumb.

It's more that the team suddenly realized that the other team was roshing and he used the misskill as an excuse to restart the game.

Watch the video again, they were still nowhere near the rosh pit nor they had any vision to know they were attempting to do so, and then the Enchantress was already calling for a "fast remake".

I'm having a crisis of conscience.

I used to stay up until midnight or later almost every night playing Dota after my family went to sleep. I started a new job about a month ago, and it's exhausting. I have been going to bed much earlier without any time to play games at all. So I've only played 10 games or so of Dota in the past month. Before this new job, I probably would have played 100 games in a month.

So now that I don't have time to play games much anymore, the amount of time and money I've invested into Dota seems crazy. At this point I basically have a maximum of 4 hours a week to play games (sometimes not even that), and that's not nearly enough to develop my Dota skills, and once I actually get better, it won't be enough to keep those skills sharp.

I've also had a love-hate relationship with Dota in the past, as some of you know. There are times the game makes me angrier than pretty much anything in my life.

So I'm thinking about quitting altogether, dumping all my items, and uninstalling.

The sucky part is that I still think Dota is a fantastic game. It might be the best game ever made in my book. I just don't have the time or energy to devote to it.

Not sure what to do. Argh.

I used to stay up until midnight or later almost every night playing Dota after my family went to sleep. I started a new job about a month ago, and it's exhausting. I have been going to bed much earlier without any time to play games at all. So I've only played 10 games or so of Dota in the past month. Before this new job, I probably would have played 100 games in a month.

So now that I don't have time to play games much anymore, the amount of time and money I've invested into Dota seems crazy. At this point I basically have a maximum of 4 hours a week to play games (sometimes not even that), and that's not nearly enough to develop my Dota skills, and once I actually get better, it won't be enough to keep those skills sharp.

I've also had a love-hate relationship with Dota in the past, as some of you know. There are times the game makes me angrier than pretty much anything in my life.

So I'm thinking about quitting altogether, dumping all my items, and uninstalling.

The sucky part is that I still think Dota is a fantastic game. It might be the best game ever made in my book. I just don't have the time or energy to devote to it.

Sounds like a smart decision, isn't like you gonna be needing cosmetics if you ever decide to give it another chance in the future.

Hylian7

I don't really know what your hours are, but when I had jobs I would still get at least two games in a day on weekdays, and a lot more than that on weekends. Granted I had 8 hour days and 40 hour weeks though.

Wok

This is the stupid part in your post. If you dump your items, you might end up regretting it in the future. If you uninstall, you won't be able to spectate games once in a while.

The best would be to quit, maybe uninstall (if you have good Internet bandwith), but only get rid of your inventory if you have been "clean" for a year.

M.D

based sven maxing cleave first and keeping hammer level 1

scariest game I ever played, the prison part.. yeesh

lol i am at the prison part right now, but haven't gone down that hole yet...

i don't care about jump scares or gore, but this horror is the type that fucks with your mind and i don't like that one bit.. i can't play it for a long period

the story is really interesting tho i want to finish it

I wouldn't sell all your items yet you might find more free time in the future. For now I suggest watching pro games on twitch
lol i am at the prison part right now, but haven't gone down that hole yet...

i don't care about jump scares or gore, but this horror is the type that fucks with your mind and i don't like that one bit.. i can't play it for a long period

the story is really interesting tho i want to finish it

Buy soma plz

Story was eh, bit of a pretext, but it doesn't matter anyway, game is great
Prison is so fucked up. I think it's the scariest the game gets, can't think of any place scarier later on

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Playing a competitive game casually, especially one you were good at, is the worst. At some point you have to decide if you actually a) enjoy playing the game and keep playing because it's fun or b) enjoyed getting better at the game. In case of b) you should maybe stop if you feel like you don't have enough time anymore to actually achieve that.

Top Bottom