• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
Just make prison cancellable whenever and it may become a good spell
Right now a fixed 4 seconds it stupid bad

I wonder what removing the thresholds for his ult would do; make it so that he does damage if he has higher int than the target, even if the difference is only small. I think that would reduce the dependence on intelligence stealing and would make the damage much more reliable.

I'm not sure what to make of Arc Warden at this point. Seems like everyone that picks him has no idea how to play him. Do you see him finding success in the higher MMR brackets?

Kade

I've only played one game with an Arc Warden and he knew what he was doing and dominated the game. He even typed "And that's how you fucking play Arc Warden" in all chat when we won. This was in Normal Skill.

bbd23

I'm not sure what to make of Arc Warden at this point. Seems like everyone that picks him has no idea how to play him. Do you see him finding success in the higher MMR brackets?

Im happy someone picked him on my team and then waited for everyone to pick to change his hero.
rubick-laugh.gif

You'll have to give people some time to figure it out, even high level players aren't going to master a character that's honestly not very simple in just a few days.

He can be both carry (insane scaling with double items, also his W is great) and support (two great killing tools for early game, doubles in effectiveness including items with ult, free glyph)
Of course he can work at high MMR

Pratfall

arc warden is going to be like every high skillcap hero that IF releases. bad players will play him ineffectively for the first couple of weeks and then he will be played with success at high MMR.

JambiBum

for new page

You're a monster and I'm tired but I'd like a code so I'm going to go along with this.

Frankly, techies is essential to dota 2 because he changes the normal gameplay into an

unequivocally different style of play. Sometimes you need to be able to do things like

checking for mines instead of wards to spice things up. It might suck to hit a mine and go

kaboom every now and then, but at least you aren't dying to a Lina or SF again. When

you're wandering around the map with nothing to do and step on a pile of mines, whine

or use that knowledge to your advantage and place wards in better spots. Put yourself

under the wing of someone who plays techies well so that you can learn spots. Take

Quesa for example. He can show you common mine spots so that you can thoroughly

usurp the king of goblins from his mountaintop of mines. Or you can play techies and

exterminate the other team so badly that they no longer want to play dota since their

souls are now crushed. Techies can bring lots of things to dota, but most of all, he brings

a much needed change of pace to the game at times. No matter how much you hate him.

this fucking trash streaming platform that has a "live" banner in the top left corner flashing so it hides the fucking top of the stats, seriously

edit : "azubu" apparently, fuck whoever made this shit

it's esp good for dismember
Aghs first anyway, after a mobility item maybe

edit : does lens increase pure damage too btw ?
I feel like it's a much better item than fucking hood in any situation, unless you absolutely need pipe to win the game...

I got two more SFV beta invites in my steam inventory, is there any way to turn them into shareable codes or do I have to friend people to gift them?

Say something mean about techies pickers if you want a key.

I got two more SFV beta invites in my steam inventory, is there any way to turn them into shareable codes or do I have to friend people to gift them?

Say something mean about techies pickers if you want a key.

They do need to buff techies. He needs to still be a potential thing, even if still uncommon. Dead heroes are bad and he is dead as a doornail, tbqh.

Low Tier
techies is still playable imo. People just remember his overpowered state and pin that as the 'norm' powerlevel for him. Him being untouched this patch may drop his overall usage as a hero, but last patch he was seeing fair and oftentimes successful play from advent techies pickers like charbaby(or some stupid shit like that) and broxy.

In fact I still see him in my games every now and then, and he still does what he's supposed to do. While yes he did receive the 'morphling treatment' from post-ti2, i believe techies pre-nerf was a stronger hero than ti2 morph, and with the additional fact that the hero is a very unique playstyle that cannot be replicated and replaced by heroes that do the same thing but better (when carries fall out of favor it is because there is usually another carry who can do the job better), I think techies is still a hero.

It's simply a case of favoritism from people who enjoyed playing not only an overpowered hero, but an overpowered hero with a very fun playstyle.

That's my 2 cents

DrPizza

Banned
it's esp good for dismember
Aghs first anyway, after a mobility item maybe

edit : does lens increase pure damage too btw ?
I feel like it's a much better item than fucking hood in any situation, unless you absolutely need pipe to win the game...

Logically it ought to, since it says it increases spell damage, not magic damage.

It also increases rot self-damage, and makes it even easier to dismember people who are standing outside of rot range (in theory that shouldn't be possible without Aether Lens, but the way the "buffer" works to make spells cast beyond their range means that it happens from time to time; with Aether Lens you can straight up cast dismember at beyond rot range).

Quesa

You're a monster and I'm tired but I'd like a code so I'm going to go along with this.

Frankly, techies is essential to dota 2 because he changes the normal gameplay into an

unequivocally different style of play. Sometimes you need to be able to do things like

checking for mines instead of wards to spice things up. It might suck to hit a mine and go

kaboom every now and then, but at least you aren't dying to a Lina or SF again. When

you're wandering around the map with nothing to do and step on a pile of mines, whine

or use that knowledge to your advantage and place wards in better spots. Put yourself

under the wing of someone who plays techies well so that you can learn spots. Take

Quesa for example. He can show you common mine spots so that you can thoroughly

usurp the king of goblins from his mountaintop of mines. Or you can play techies and

exterminate the other team so badly that they no longer want to play dota since their

souls are now crushed. Techies can bring lots of things to dota, but most of all, he brings

a much needed change of pace to the game at times. No matter how much you hate him.

Thank you for these kind words

Add me on steam

1 code left

mooncakes

I'm still salty about the patch. I hate how its ok to hate on huskar but like dazzle,ember, and tuskar gets a free pass. Even though they were stronger then huskar in the last patch.

Icefrog neuter his one good strength, which is his resistance against magic. Now he sucks vs dps carry and Intel carries.

Low Tier
What does Christmas mean to us?
Family and warmth, gatherings by hearth,
Shopping and gifting, holiday fuss
All things merry, all things Hallmark.
To bring great cheer, to those we love
a time for good tidings and a new year to come.

But that is only a PR response,
what is done is different from what is said.
Time off from work, to do whatever he/she wants
drink, play dota, post in the dota thread.
But i'm sure real Christmas is somewhere inbetween
the company of loved ones and a computer screen.

So a Merry Christmas to all of you
I wish this and a great new year
For not only are we bound by Dota Two,
but, well, you guys make it fun here.
May your mmr rise, may your bugattis be won,
ban animation from land of the rising sun.

Hylian7

it has to, don't see why not

It's not a point target spell. It's directional. You throw it in a direction and it travels the distance. It would be like if Aether Lens made Mirana's arrow go further (pretty sure it doesn't).

Edit: I just tested it, well sonuva bitch, it does work. I need to pick Pudge more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom