• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
He's already changed a few aghs this patch so I'm sure that'll happen more in the upcoming patches, they're now hero upgrades rather than ultimate upgrades. Seems like he wants the item to be a niche option that you can get in specific matches, which I like.

Lots of people think most of the aghs upgrades are dumb, and some of them might be, but I'm sure most of them will turn out to be useful in certain situations.

What I also find interesting is that he reverted/reworked changes such as Legion's so quickly. It was clear that endless duels weren't really useful (outside of endless Nightmare juggle scenarios to tie down the Legion forever), and rather than sticking with a pointless Aghs for ages (such as the old OD aghs which was mathematically worthless), this time around he's chosen to rework something quite quickly.

Quesa

Aghs for Io that grants 40% of the target's max HP while tethered

Aghs for Sniper that gives assassinate bonus damage based on distance traveled

Aghs for TA that makes it so traps give you 2 refractions charges when you walk over them

Aghs for CK that turns all the illusions the ability to use reality rift

Aghs for Spectre that refreshes the duration of the illusions when you bounce to another, maximum five

Aghs for PA that turns crit into a orb with 6 sec cd

Aghs for AM that doubles mana burn values and turns spell shield into a usable skill that grants magic immunity for 7 seconds

aghs for DP that spawns ghosts around enemies you're siphoning

marrec

Banned
Aghs for Io that grants 40% of the target's max HP while tethered

Aghs for Sniper that gives assassinate bonus damage based on distance traveled

Aghs for TA that makes it so traps give you 2 refractions charges when you walk over them

Aghs for CK that turns all the illusions the ability to use reality rift

Aghs for Spectre that refreshes the duration of the illusions when you bounce to another, maximum five

Aghs for PA that turns crit into a orb with 6 sec cd

Aghs for AM that doubles mana burn values and turns spell shield into a usable skill that grants magic immunity for 7 seconds

aghs for DP that spawns ghosts around enemies you're siphoning

Why do you wan to buff Rubick so much?

Red UFO

WCA nice and on time
goodjob.gif

ksan

in the case of someone not reading ft's lunch this week, jeremy clarkson probably said the most beautiful words ever uttered:
“Amazon’s on the internet, and people fuck horses on the internet, so anything less than that is bound to be all right.”

think of that next time there's a dota patch

NBtoaster

Riki is pretty bad now. Basically the same as he was before 6.82, except -10 base damage, worse strength and agility growth, lower movement speed, and less base regen and armor. But he can Sleight of Fist occasionally.

manfestival

oh man I miss dota 2 so much. Hopefully should be back online with an overall better experience in the next 24 hours... if my CPU arrives in the mail

someone pls tell me if doom is better now or worse

KingKong

Is there a reason not to get aether lens on every non hard carry? Such a fun item, i hope when Icefrog nerfs it he keeps the 200 range and just makes it harder to build

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hey guys! What's the correct strategy to use with a lineup of Wraith King, Arc Warden, Dragon Knight, Crystal Maiden and Axe, with a combined three stuns, two slows, and no mana issues between them? Did you pick "sit around in the jungle for twenty minutes rather than capitalize on the early aggression this specific lineup is basically only good at?"

Congratulations, you're my most recent team!

DrPizza

Banned
Hey guys! What's the correct strategy to use with a lineup of Wraith King, Arc Warden, Dragon Knight, Crystal Maiden and Axe, with a combined three stuns, two slows, and no mana issues between them? Did you pick "sit around in the jungle for twenty minutes rather than capitalize on the early aggression this specific lineup is basically only good at?"

Congratulations, you're my most recent team!

what's the point of playing Dota if you don't get 5000 gold items

I am thinking Doom works best with either Radiance + tanky items where he just runs around being a tanky prick and puts a lot of DoT onto people or a zoom zoom build.

Attack speed is not working out.

Has anyone run into a decent Arc Warden in pub matches yet? Just about every game I've gotten into, whichever side picks him is doomed to lose.

monkey see ,monkey do

wait till the pros find the latest cheese, the pubs will follow

kinda enjoying the new patch even though they shitted on huskar

Not even that. Straight up I think there's something wrong with my mmr where i get endless morons. I report like half my teammates and get my reports back regularly

Wok

monkey see ,monkey do

wait till the pros find the latest cheese, the pubs will follow

kinda enjoying the new patch even though they shitted on huskar

Eagerly waiting for Force Staff Void.

I am also waiting for an Aghanim for Riki which would make his ult global.

Hylian7

Has anyone run into a decent Arc Warden in pub matches yet? Just about every game I've gotten into, whichever side picks him is doomed to lose.

First game I played him in, I won and wrecked. Made some dumb mistakes still, but did well for the most part. I was stacked with some friends and they said I'm the best Arc Warden they have seen so far, and I only thought I was decent at it.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2007841675

I played a game as Drow the other day against an Arc Warden that went Necros. I went Aghs and was like "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you"

it has some exceptions but it's definitely not an illusion, don't think it does a greater treant anyway

s4 lmoa

why the fuck is wings' NS not making an aghs against a fucking bat and a wisp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom