• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah the biggest reason is 4 SECONDS MEAT HOOK MOTHERFUCKER
also dismember getting the aghs upgrade for free is pretty strong

I like IF's idea of making aghs boost the hero's signature spell rather than just the ult. Pudge's ult is forgettable, you remember him for hook.

Quesa

Dragon Lance is legit. It's cheap, it gives attack speed, health, and makes his range even better. The two components can be disassembled into butterfly and bkb. It's a no-brainer for him.

I don't think any of those three items are bad on him

but buying all three seems like a waste

Dragon Lance is legit. It's cheap, it gives attack speed, health, and makes his range even better. The two components can be disassembled into butterfly and bkb. It's a no-brainer for him.

i didn't realize it could be disassembled. That's... huge. Definitely building this on clinkz, then. Tried it once to experiment and it got me a couple kills. I'll replace Medallion with it, I think.

Hylian7

I did Dragon Lance Drow last night. I realized I was wrong partially in my initial analysis of the item: The fact that it's cheap and disassembleable, and made of Ogre Club (for BKB for the most part), and Quarterstaff (Butterfly or Orchid) makes it extremely useful on a ton of heroes. I could see this being built on Luna for sure, and while the range helps, I think having the range until you get BKB and Butterfly is nice, and you've already started on the way to both of them with it. I could see this being viable on Sniper too, to break down for SnY and Butterfly. Another weird one I thought of might be Storm, but you need to read the lineups to see if you're going to need BKB. Orchid is great, so it's worth building on him.

Problem with disassembling Dragon Lance into Orchid is that almost every time you need Orchid you'll want it asap, so that ogre club mostly wastes time.

Plenty or Orchid heroes want BKB too. Clinkz, Storm, etc.

Quesa

I have two SFV beta codes to give away. The First two people who give me 200 words on one of the following two prompts can have them.

a) why Techies is essential to the lifeblood of the electronic game Defense of the Ancients 2

b) how you would buff Earth Spirit to put him in the good spot he deserves to be in

You don't have to believe what you're saying, but any obvious sarcasm will disqualify you.

1 code left

Yeah but T1 have no backdoor regen so you can just kill them without taking tower damage and force TP reactions

does clinkz even outrange towers? his range isn't that high I don't think he does but maybe I was just moving like I didn't have the increased range so I didn't notice.

Regardless, you can really do that anyway. You shred towers so quick early on that if you're left in a lane alone you can shove down to a T2 in no time flat.

DrPizza

Banned
Problem with disassembling Dragon Lance into Orchid is that almost every time you need Orchid you'll want it asap, so that ogre club mostly wastes time.

Equally, many of the "BKB plus Butterfly" heroes want to get BKB pretty fast (heroes like Luna and Gyro, say, both of whom benefit strongly from greater attack range), but probably don't want to go straight from BKB into Butterfly.

shira

Games start at:
t1450486800z1.png

Expect massive delays and WCA bullshit

Tiebreaker + Quarterfinals
q2yQBl6.png

*Alliance plays winner of CDEC vs TnC
**Liquid plays loser of CDEC vs TnC

Semifinals
Winner 1 vs Winner 2
Winner 3 vs Winner 4

http://www.twitch.tv/joinDOTARed
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Wok

He's basically Ember with less mobility. Or more like Jugg with less survivability?

Do you mean that blink is core on Riki? It already was... kind of.

I did Dragon Lance Drow last night. I realized I was wrong partially in my initial analysis of the item: The fact that it's cheap and disassembleable, and made of Ogre Club (for BKB for the most part), and Quarterstaff (Butterfly or Orchid) makes it extremely useful on a ton of heroes. I could see this being built on Luna for sure, and while the range helps, I think having the range until you get BKB and Butterfly is nice, and you've already started on the way to both of them with it. I could see this being viable on Sniper too, to break down for SnY and Butterfly. Another weird one I thought of might be Storm, but you need to read the lineups to see if you're going to need BKB. Orchid is great, so it's worth building on him.

Plenty or Orchid heroes want BKB too. Clinkz, Storm, etc.

With all the nerfs to movement speed, I think butterfly has been indirectly buffed immensely. The flutter active makes it pretty good on paper.

The meta build for my heroes was Aquila > Treads > Yasha > Drums > S&Y, and I think it looks a lot better to go Phase/Treads > Dragon Lance > Drums > Butterfly > BKB/S&Y nowadays.

To me the meta is about movement speed. The Bane nerf is just there to point it out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1.09 I'm running poverty Lightning Warp/Ice Nova and it's a blast.

I wish I wasn't poor so I could buy a Carcass Jack.

Artanisix

ye my girlfriend and i are gonna go see it again movie was too good

just dont go into the spoiler thread on offtopic, nothing but whiners and nitpickers

why didn't we get a bb8 courier
balldroid.gif

give ewok courier
yub nub

edit : burned myself out on path of exile, got to lvl 72, played most of last week end and now I'm having a hard time starting it. Late game sounds really painfully long rofl
Playing double flame totem witch, it's relaxing at least

how do you NOT give rubick blackhole. All rubick has to do is not be in the teamfight until BH happens

cast black hole
immediately cancel
cast midnight pulse
rubick gets baited and tries to steal black hole but gets midnight pulse, joke's on him
REFRESHER
MIDNIGHT PULSE
BAM BLACK HOLE MOTHERFUCKER

Drums > SnY > Skadi > Heart CK hnnnnnggg

You don't even need damage items, I melted a Bristle in 1 second with ult. Fucking love this hero.

Farm drums+wand > wreck faces

Sibylus

Banned
nah the biggest reason is 4 SECONDS MEAT HOOK MOTHERFUCKER
also dismember getting the aghs upgrade for free is pretty strong

I like IF's idea of making aghs boost the hero's signature spell rather than just the ult. Pudge's ult is forgettable, you remember him for hook.
I agree, and Aghs upgrades that just up damage/stats are really, really dull. Give us mechanics!

He's already changed a few aghs this patch so I'm sure that'll happen more in the upcoming patches, they're now hero upgrades rather than ultimate upgrades. Seems like he wants the item to be a niche option that you can get in specific matches, which I like.

Lots of people think most of the aghs upgrades are dumb, and some of them might be, but I'm sure most of them will turn out to be useful in certain situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom