• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent been to any site but GAF over the last few days. And even then ive been very careful

I didnt even read any reviews

I want to go in with virgin eyes and ears

22:55 tonight baby. Only 6 hours to go
lina-vi3.gif
Go in the theater with headphones and loud music, don't take them off til the beginning of the movie

Deltoid

Banned
star wars 7 spoilers below, just give key if u dont want to read ^_^

techies is
shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

Quesa

I have two SFV beta codes to give away. The First two people who give me 200 words on one of the following two prompts can have them.

a) why Techies is essential to the lifeblood of the electronic game Defense of the Ancients 2

b) how you would buff Earth Spirit to put him in the good spot he deserves to be in

You don't have to believe what you're saying, but any obvious sarcasm will disqualify you.

for new page

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What do people think about Aether Lens and Dragon Lance? Are they an interesting development to the game, or do they represent pretty much just throwing away like ten years of carefully tuned balance? I'm pretty conflicted about it so far.

yarden24

is Aghanims good now? if you catch 3 people relatively close by each other, do they all get 600 extra damage from the ones near them? the aoe of the prison is decently big

Pratfall

What do people think about Aether Lens and Dragon Lance? Are they an interesting development to the game, or do they represent pretty much just throwing away like ten years of carefully tuned balance? I'm pretty conflicted about it so far.

well, one of those choices is a clear overreaction. They are new items, some heroes will buy them, some won't. If they are too powerful and everyone is buying them, IF will nerf them.

Not sure how they represent a discarding of balance.

Deltoid

Banned

it sort of upgrades all the nerfed skills/items over the past few years like euls/lasoo so they're pretty good but I don't like that they take item slots, kinda annoying. would be good if you could consume just for the range increase.

DrPizza

Banned
It doesn't work as stated in the patch notes, aghs is even worse than before imo, just adds 300 damage

Right, and to make your ult do useful damage you now have to do sustained right clicking to get some intelligence steal.

It's not that OD didn't need to change, because he obviously did. I'm just not sure how this change helps him. It shores up one particular weakness--imprisonment is long enough for blinks to go onto cooldown, and since it does no damage, there's nothing to stop people from simply blinking away--but it puts everything else into a weird spot.

I played yesterday and the map is so different wtf

Also enchantress aghs, dragon lance, and moonshards in overthrow is lol

OD and moonshard(s) too

bbd23

oh boy. first game against actual people in two months. i felt soooooo off. god bless the storm on our team that carried extremely hard so I was able to get back into it as the game went on.

Pratfall

I don't really mind playing against pudge tbh...but I notice my teammates more than anything have an irrational fear of him. Also, I'm a little disappointed RD only cuts off half the pool. The 24-25 prior was a good sweet spot.

I think IF thought that such a limited pool wasn't balanced enough to be a ranked mode.

oh boy. first game against actual people in two months. i felt soooooo off. god bless the storm on our team that carried extremely hard so I was able to get back into it as the game went on.

I lost my first game back yesterday. I was rusty and played like shit.

Didn't help it was single draft and our timber didn't know how to play.

Bf riki fucking sucks, bf works on ember because sof has range and a 6s CD

Bu-Bu-But think of the one shot clear potentials!1 /s

I think IF thought that such a limited pool wasn't balanced enough to be a ranked mode.

Yeah I get why he did it..50 heroes probably guarantees that everyone no matter their skill level will at least have 1 to 2 heroes they can comfortably play. I'll give it a shot next time I play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom