• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Had a good invoker player on my team last night queueing with Thor. Was a joy watching him sling spells.

shira

fuck the 980 cards. they are the "minimum" for VR. If you have any interest in VR in 2016, wait for the next generation of cards so that you won't have to upgrade again in a year's time.

Best of luck. Even if it isn't so great, as long as you don't play a lot of dark games you won't even notice.

Unfortunately I play a lot of space sims right now and bleed bothers the fuck out of me. I may end up returning my new 21:9 34" because of it and either exchange it and rolling the dice for a better backlight or just waiting for the next wave of 34" monitors with hopes that better backlights will be a thing. People dropping $800+ for a monitor shouldn't have to deal with the kind of backlight bleed I'm seeing on some of these monitors. It's unacceptable for that price range.

I think the VIVE is going to be at least $800 CDN

if u get aether lesn on invoker does ur meteor roll farther

ya http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Aether_Lens

got ogre 1v1 spectre in safe lane, it was not a pleasant experience for the spectre
invoker-laugh.gif

Yep. I don't see it as just another battlefury, it is absolutely core. It obviously amplifies your farm but it also turns Drow into a very very useful teamfight hero and a completely monstrous damage machine. Just wait until you see a Drow just pop 3-4 heroes in less than 2s because of 6 maelstrom or mjolnir procs. One of her biggest weaknesses was that she was just another single target clinker that had a fairly big counter (smacking her with a stick). Shit, now she doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone smacking her with a stick, just stand and deliver and watch entire teams unexpectedly melt in an instant.

Aghs is absolutely 100% core on her every single game, beyond just for farming. It's about as core as WR aghs imo.

Sorry but nope. I'm not there with you. Drow with Aghs is almost exactly like Antimage with a Battlefury as far as team fight usefulness goes. Imaging scenarios where you're getting godlike maelstrom proc chains like you do against creep waves is largely an imaginary scenario rather than one you'd find yourself in regularly. The AOE is relatively small (375, i believe) and requires considerable enemy grouping to take full advanage of (sound familiar?). It's an amount of grouping that simply doesn't happen. Much less in the new meta where Ather Lenses and Dragon Lances are giving ranged heroes a fighting chance against the blink bursters of 6.85. As a result, you're lucky to hit even 2 heroes with chain procs; much less 3 or more. TBQH, the dream scenario is locked behind having a Dark Seer vacuum or Magnus RP on your team. That's just the reality of it. And with that reality comes the acceptance that the setup is largely a farming tool and pushing tool for her in ways similar to an AM with a Bfury.

In my experience, it is a FAR less reliable way to output damage than traditional DPS items for her. Comparing it to a Windrunner aghs is absurd. The WR aghs was designed with a single purpse: to increase her enemy hero killing potential. The same most certainly cannot be said about Drow.

Until I see or experience otherwise, Aghs + morbid + malestrom is her ideal farming setup to get her to late game damage items. It is NOT her ideal early/midgame fighting item build and if you build these items when you needed to build damage around that 25 minute mark, you will lose straight away.

invoker is so cancer now

fuck whatever they did to invoker. at level 3 he was hitting for 120dmg by simply spamming Alacrity which is damn near free. Easiest denies and last hits I've ever seen, to say nothing of the autoattack damage output.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
If you can get any sort of grouping at all, or for fighting PL/Naga/Manta-style users, aghs can be great, especially if you could combine it with dragon lance early-ish.

Saved my ass vs a lategame alch who was spamming illusions once I picked up daedelus, but I definitely noticed a lack of 'oomph' versus early crit + yasha.

Admittedly, Didn't have the gold to find an early maelstrom though, due to two mids fighting over picks.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Sorry but nope. I'm not there with you. Drow with Aghs is almost exactly like Antimage with a Battlefury as far as team fight usefulness goes. Imaging scenarios where you're getting godlike maelstrom proc chains like you do against creep waves is largely an imaginary scenario rather than one you'd find yourself in regularly. The AOE is relatively small (375, i believe) and requires considerable enemy grouping to take full advanage of (sound familiar?). It's an amount of grouping that simply doesn't happen. Much less in the new meta where Ather Lenses and Dragon Lances are giving ranged heroes a fighting chance against the blink bursters of 6.85. As a result, you're lucky to hit even 2 heroes with chain procs; much less 3 or more. TBQH, the dream scenario is locked behind having a Dark Seer vacuum or Magnus RP on your team. That's just the reality of it. And with that reality comes the acceptance that the setup is largely a farming tool and pushing tool for her in ways similar to an AM with a Bfury.

In my experience, it is a FAR less reliable way to output damage than traditional DPS items for her. Comparing it to a Windrunner aghs is absurd. The WR aghs was designed with a single purpse: to increase her enemy hero killing potential. The same most certainly cannot be said about Drow.

Until I see or experience otherwise, Aghs + morbid + malestrom is her ideal farming setup to get her to late game damage items. It is NOT her ideal early/midgame fighting item build and if you build these items when you needed to build damage around that 25 minute mark, you will lose straight away.

I'm not suggesting you pick up aghs and maelstrom and then immediately seek out teamfights. It's obviously an insane farming efficiency item but to discount the teamfight potential is also doing a disservice to the aghs, having an insanely high damage cleave (375 is a pretty big radius as far as cleaving goes--that's bigger than both Sven and bfury aoe) that also procs things like mjolnir, lifesteal, skaadi, mkb, etc... that can be limitless teamfight potential. And it only gets better as you keep piling on items like crit/mkb from the farm it gives you.

Sure, it's not going to be 100% reliable if heroes are all split up and the like but that reminds me of when ember first came out and people were shitting on battlefury because, "it's unreliable and people just spread out." And yeah, sometimes it's not going to payoff, but when it does, it does in a big way. Not to mention dota is all about highground defense these days and cleaves are pretty unavoidable when going highground--you're going to get some big damage out of highground pushes. It feels impossible to push against this item if drow secures it early enough. You cannot get within 900 radius of a creepwave being hit with drow split arrows because of the risk of getting hit with 5-6 mjolnir beams, how do you push/fight into that? I don't even have to mention the damage this does to any natural manta carrier or a heroes like PL/TB.

I wasn't implying that drow aghs gives drow the same solo pickoff potential as WR aghs, all I was saying is that it's absolutely core in a similar manner. I can't imagine WR ever skipping aghs and I can't imagine a Drow ever skipping aghs in 6.86, you are simply shooting yourself in the foot and playing the hero in a sub-optimal manner by doing so. I've seen drow rangers ignore aghs for things like dragon lance sny etc... and that's just dumb. As you say, drow aghs lifts her up to 10+ cs a minute and propels her into the late game, but all I'm saying is, don't underestimate the teamfight power of that item. It's not just a one dimensional farming item--it is absolutely Medusa on steroids imo. I'd take a shorter range split shot that blasted enemies with all of my orbs/modifications over a long range Chinese water torture clink clink clink any day in teamfights.

DrPizza

Banned
What would you get over it after BoT, Blink, Force? Aghs is situational, Euls is situational, Gem is decent, but I think Aether is a good option, longer blink + longer lasso means his range effectively increases by 400 right? It's also okay for his q and w.

Travels, blink, force staff, Euls, BKB or Linkens, refresher. You might trade out the Euls for a gem or maybe even an Aghs, but I feel both are arguably more useful than Aether Lens.

Chris R

Well from looking at the stats at least Tree was decent, LC's naked 10 minute midas in the jungle did them NO favors.

Didn't even build a Talon smh.

Hylian7

I had boots stout OoV and 8 armor with one branch, first kill was easy then she basically couldn't take a last hit
ez gaem

It looks like Dire lost at the pick screen, lol. Was Tree completely ignoring Spectre for Living Armor? Glimmer cape Spectre....there's a first time for everything I suppose.

3 Dispersion by level 5...c'mon son. It's just not worth it to max it early. Putting more than 1-2 points in it early on like that is really diminishing returns. Could have just gotten more Desolate for the being able to hit you when you were away from the creep wave or ez catapult CS.

Please take a moment out of your day to realize Disruptor is still the rudest support in all of dota.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Since when is 'tree' shorthand for Nature's Prophet? Treant Protector is not that dead. I missed treant on the other team nvm im stoopid.

It looks like Dire lost at the pick screen, lol. Was Tree completely ignoring Spectre for Living Armor? Glimmer cape Spectre....there's a first time for everything I suppose.

3 Dispersion by level 5...c'mon son. It's just not worth it to max it early. Putting more than 1-2 points in it early on like that is really diminishing returns. Could have just gotten more Desolate for the being able to hit you when you were away from the creep wave or ez catapult CS.

nah I don't think they lost at draft, they laned stupid as fuck. bat mid axe off LC jungle tree/spec safe lane could have secured a bit of farm for everybody, instead none of their heroes got anything rofl

kionedrik

invoker is so cancer now

So here's my take on this thing:
- Invoker is the new most broken hero in the game

Hate to say this but, as I said before, Invoker is completely broken. It's just a matter of days till he is 1st ban in every game.

Finally someone else sees this shit. Good idea giving him 100+ damage on level 2 and cold snap at level 1 froggy.
Enjoy pubs full of arrogant pricks playing this arrogant prick hero.

I would mildly consider buying a Wasteland Rebel AK if they weren't outrageously expensive.

It's not a sci-fi AK and it reminds me of TWEWY.

* Fixed Flux interaction when near Spell Immune allies.
* Improved AFK detection for Techies.
* Adjusted Dire Secret Shop Camp spawn box.
* Fixed Ancient Black Dragon's Fireball not having a Legacy Key.
* Break status now disables the effect of Drow Ranger's Aghanim's upgraded Marksmanship.
* Fixed BKB charges not carrying over to Tempest Double properly (was granting full duration always).
* Fixed Infernal Blade having 128 cast range rather than Doom's 150 attack range.
* Arc Warden's Clone now receives a clone of shareable items not owned by Arc Warden. These include Bottle, Gem of True Sight, Ring of Regen, Ring of Health, Void Stone and Perseverance.
* Ember Spirit's Fire Remnants now render while in Fog of War.
* Fixed Arc Warden not getting XP when Tempest Double uses Hand of Midas.
* Fixed an interaction between Necrolyte's Reaper's Scythe and Arc Warden's Clone.
* Lone Druid's Spirit Bear now respects the auto-select summoned units option when respawning.
* Fixed the neutral forest troll high priest playing his heal animation after he was dead.
* Fixed a bug where the store page was showing an empty pedestal for victory prediction charms.
* Fixed a bug where the store page incorrectly had a Demo Mode button for items that cannot be demoed.
* Fixed a bug where the Customize screen was not showing the appropriate icons for alternate styles of items.
* Fixed a bug where sometimes the opaque parts of models wouldn't render in the UI or portraits.
* Fixed a bug where the Demo button didn't appear on the loadout screens of any global items.

Added several new Russian voices:
* Bounty Hunter
* Crystal Maiden
* Dazzle
* Disruptor
* Lich
* Lina
* Lina Announcer
* Mirana
* Phantom Assassin
* Silencer
* Slark
* Spirit Breaker
* Sven
* Tusk
* Tusk Announcer
* Windranger
* Wraith King
(note that Zeus and Arc Warden were included with the Balance of Power Update).

Text and voice languages can be mixed to your preference. To select a new voice language, open steam and right-click on Dota 2. From here, select Properties, then the Language tab, and choose your preferred voice language. Steam will then download the new language.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=570&appgroupname=Dota+2&feed=steam_updates

Icefrog finally buffed techies

whoa whoa, did he get another change? ive been gone since 6.86 launched. was there another update messing with stats?

can i one button instacast any spell now 0-9 on my keyboard?

He was already getting played right before 6.86 launched with the alacrity build. Now you can get it at lvl 2 for like 30+ damage. Couple that with dual mid is less popular with bane and tusk nerfs...

Hylian7

Doom has 150 attack range?! Dafuq?! I thought all melee heroes had 128. I know the 22 range is like nothing, but still why is this?

DrPizza

Banned
Spectre didn't buy a stick/wand or take Dispersion, did she?
facepalm.gif

Ogre doesn't exactly have a infinite mana.

Doom has 150 attack range?! Dafuq?! I thought all melee heroes had 128. I know the 22 range is like nothing, but still why is this?

Doom and Aghs Tiny are the only melee heroes with an attack range that isn't 128.

I assume it's because he's huge with a giant sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom