• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke my vow. I rejected my personal code. I played a game of solo queue. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2019930835

My team of midgame fighters (pl, spirit breaker, lifestealer, huskar) did not see the value in pushing as 5 and ending the game quickly, even in the face of ember, pa and wk - all of whom built battlefury. Also, I ended up having the highest gpm as my team's sole support.

You're still unreasonable pricks, imp and shugga, but at least I understand your frustrations a little better now.

that's only the tip of the iceberg son
Don't think your draft stood a chance anyway, WK sniper ember AA is great high ground defense and you had bad initiation besides jak and SB

Low Tier
See I used to be miserable soloqer.

Then I actually became a decent player

You kinda stop caring after a certain point where you can not only recognize your own flaws, but learn to accept your teammates' flaws too. Because at the end of the day, mmr is merely an identification of your ability to win over a LONG span of games. So taking a loss to the chin and then ranting about it does nothing constructive for any members, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party.

Or else you become this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kUJWuIKfVg

See I used to be miserable soloqer.

Then I actually became a decent player

You kinda stop caring after a certain point where you can not only recognize your own flaws, but learn to accept your teammates' flaws too. Because at the end of the day, mmr is merely an identification of your ability to win over a LONG span of games. So taking a loss to the chin and then ranting about it does nothing constructive for any members, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party.

Or else you become this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kUJWuIKfVg

dude plays abaddon carry so i'd be the one reporting him anyway

Last time I spent money on the game was 2013 when the Portal announcer was released. Ended up not liking her and switching back to Bastion sadly.

Pratfall

I broke my vow. I rejected my personal code. I played a game of solo queue. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2019930835

My team of midgame fighters (pl, spirit breaker, lifestealer, huskar) did not see the value in pushing as 5 and ending the game quickly, even in the face of ember, pa and wk - all of whom built battlefury. Also, I ended up having the highest gpm as my team's sole support.

You're still unreasonable pricks, imp and shugga, but at least I understand your frustrations a little better now.

lets play tonight

also, me playing kunkka

xVyoSl.jpg

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
That video... Guessing it's forced for the viewers.

Last time I spent money on the game was 2013 when the Portal announcer was released. Ended up not liking her and switching back to Bastion sadly.

Have you tried the defense grid and stanley parable announcers? They're pretty good.

On that note, everyone should be aware that Scions of the Sky is the best HUD.

dreamleague-hud-xmol62o1j.jpg

It's pretty, not too busy or distracting, and changes color with the day/night cycle (the skywrath and venge parts light up, respectively).

lets play tonight

Queen!

Wok

As far as I understand you want to get it as early as possible to maximize your farming, so it should be your first big item. You could theoretically build lance first and disassemble it to get the aghs.

Aghs can be a battlefury for Drow. It can also be a situational item to counter-push. I tend to see it as a counter-mega-creep item.

If you're gonna get aghs and maelstrom I'd say get maelstrom first for sure. Way cheaper, much more efficient on its own than aghs I feel

While building Maelstrom, the parts of the item do not give any stat, which makes early game more difficult in my opinion. I would prefer Morbid Mask or Dragon Lance first. With the gold given by early towers, you can more reliably build the Maelstrom.

Chris R

Finally got my 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor ordered.

I'm going to be so poor in January when I buy a new GPU to actually play at those resolutions/refresh rates :(

DrPizza

Banned
Have you tried the defense grid and stanley parable announcers? They're pretty good.

On that note, everyone should be aware that Scions of the Sky is the best HUD.

dreamleague-hud-xmol62o1j.jpg

It's pretty, not too busy or distracting, and changes color with the day/night cycle (the skywrath and venge parts light up, respectively).

Queen!
I actually switched from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 just so my Scions of the Sky HUD would look better. The day/night effect is great and makes me wonder why more HUDs don't do something similar.

Chris R

which did you go with, Chris?

PG279q

I know it has issues with the backlight bleed, I just hope I get lucky, or that the monitor I get isn't bothersome.

Of course if it is as bad as other images I've seen, or if I have a ton of dead pixels/dirt under the screen it's going back :(

Wait for the next nvidia generation

I'm trying, my little 670 is giving it's all trying to play games released this year, including crashing a few times playing things like Fallout 4.

Artanisix

I prefer mask of death into aghs into maelstrom x2 on drow

For kunk, ignore tidebringer completely until your other spells are maxed unless you're playing carry

im waiting for this so the 980 ish quality cards drop to reasonable prices
fuck the 980 cards. they are the "minimum" for VR. If you have any interest in VR in 2016, wait for the next generation of cards so that you won't have to upgrade again in a year's time.

PG279q

I know it has issues with the backlight bleed, I just hope I get lucky, or that the monitor I get isn't bothersome.

Of course if it is as bad as other images I've seen, or if I have a ton of dead pixels/dirt under the screen it's going back :(
Best of luck. Even if it isn't so great, as long as you don't play a lot of dark games you won't even notice.

Unfortunately I play a lot of space sims right now and bleed bothers the fuck out of me. I may end up returning my new 21:9 34" because of it and either exchange it and rolling the dice for a better backlight or just waiting for the next wave of 34" monitors with hopes that better backlights will be a thing. People dropping $800+ for a monitor shouldn't have to deal with the kind of backlight bleed I'm seeing on some of these monitors. It's unacceptable for that price range.

kionedrik

Aghs can be a battlefury for Drow. It can also be a situational item to counter-push. I tend to see it as a counter-mega-creep item.

But battlefury is above all else a farming item.
If aghs truly is Drow's battlefury like so many claim you should get it primarily to farm.

Chris R

Best of luck. Even if it isn't so great, as long as you don't play a lot of dark games you won't even notice.

Unfortunately I play a lot of space sims right now and bleed bothers the fuck out of me. I may end up returning my new 21:9 34" because of it and either exchange it and rolling the dice for a better backlight or just waiting for the next wave of 34" monitors with hopes that better backlights will be a thing. People dropping $800+ for a monitor shouldn't have to deal with the kind of backlight bleed I'm seeing on some of these monitors. It's unacceptable for that price range.

Hoping I get lucky. QC should be better, but it only "cost" me $100 after my Amazon credit and some gift cards I won for my 7000+ MMR Bocce Ball skills at my company party earlier this year, so I won't feel too bad if it's not perfect.

Demoli

But battlefury is above all else a farming item.
If aghs truly is Drow's battlefury like so many claim you should get it primarily to farm.

Aghs works both ways really. You can farm crazy fast with it, but the dps output and healing maelstrom and lifesteal give you is insane. Same thing with MKB and Skadi slow.

I can't imagine that an extra 60 total damage at max levels would be worth it.

it doesn't increase the orb range. Blink and Euls would benefit anyone.

It benefits heroes that like to get Blink and Euls, that's Puck, increased initiation range is pretty good for him. I still think you get bkb counters like aghs or hex over aether though unless they have no important bkb carriers. I think it's a great item on Bat too, it increases lasso range doesn't it?

KingKong

yeah I mean all puck really does is initiate so having a cheap easy to build item that gives mana and improves initiation is awesome, seems to me the thing to get after blink/euls unless youre rushing aghs or something

It benefits heroes that like to get Blink and Euls, that's Puck, increased initiation range is pretty good for him.
True. Though this isn't unique to Puck. Any one that likes to buy both benefit from such changes. Good for Puck indeed, but not uniquely special for him. Lina, Batider, Zeus, Jakiro, Pudge, Sandking, Crystal Maiden, Bane, Leshrac, Disruptor, Invoker and a few others come to mind as well as big beneficiaries. Puck is certainly among the winners. Just didn't expect him to be specifically noted. Puck doesn't really have any problems initiating when he has blink and euls anyway. But whatevs.

I think it's a great item on Bat too, it increases lasso range doesn't it?

Yea, it increases Lasso range.

it does but bat doesn't have the slots for it

What would you get over it after BoT, Blink, Force? Aghs is situational, Euls is situational, Gem is decent, but I think Aether is a good option, longer blink + longer lasso means his range effectively increases by 400 right? It's also okay for his q and w.

What would you get over it after BoT, Blink, Force? Aghs is situational, Euls is situational, Gem is decent, but I think Aether is a good option, longer blink + longer lasso means his range effectively increases by 400 right? It's also okay for his q and w.

On Bat end game? Usually you want something like: Travels + Blink + Force + BKB + Sheep + ______ whatever you feel the team needs. Aghs, Shivas, Pipe, Lens. Chances are the team will benefit more from Shivas, Pipe or even an Aghs. Not sure if dedicating an enitre item slot to increase his lasso range is worth. Depends on the game I guess. I'd think Mask of Madness might be more useful than an Aether lens. Improved drag speed and distance along with cleaner, faster initiations.

marrec

Banned

Aether on Bats changes the game completely, the extra lasso range is a god send in tight positioning situations.

That AND Agh's makes him feel broken.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Aghs works both ways really. You can farm crazy fast with it, but the dps output and healing maelstrom and lifesteal give you is insane. Same thing with MKB and Skadi slow.

Yep. I don't see it as just another battlefury, it is absolutely core. It obviously amplifies your farm but it also turns Drow into a very very useful teamfight hero and a completely monstrous damage machine. Just wait until you see a Drow just pop 3-4 heroes in less than 2s because of 6 maelstrom or mjolnir procs. One of her biggest weaknesses was that she was just another single target clinker that had a fairly big counter (smacking her with a stick). Shit, now she doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone smacking her with a stick, just stand and deliver and watch entire teams unexpectedly melt in an instant.

Aghs is absolutely 100% core on her every single game, beyond just for farming. It's about as core as WR aghs imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom