• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I must confess to BM'ing.

I asked a player down on his luck if he might be able to confirm whether my dick actually tasted like pumpkin pie or not.

Forgive me.

Saprol

I think its glitched where if you get both you dont actually get as much range increase as you should
seems okay. using a highly scientific measurement technique of dropping items where i think i was standing a moment ago

courier: normal
mango: dragon lance only
tango: aghs only
moogle: both

orW4xD0.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aghs should remove the damage cap on Impetus and then cast miniature versions of her base spells on everyone in its path. Main target is enchanted, targets along the way are afflicted with Untouchable, and it trails wisps to heal your allies,

Quesa

Honestly I will probably go DL > Dissasemble into Orchid > use club to build scepter? or maybe BKB then not build scepter and go BS instead.

Saprol

impetus should pass through the target for some portion (100%) of the distance travelled. and if it breaks a map border it should appear on the other side

I feel like DL --> disassemble into Scepter --> Orchid would be better as long as it's not obtained very late.

I also advocate Midas as an attack speed item if you're desperate.

Acinixys

So what concepts for heroes have we yet to see that could be cool (or old concepts that should be revisited in the future)?

We're only down to Pit Lord. We have to start thinking of new heroes eventually and Icefrog probably has a backlog of ideas.

I would love to see more heroes that can interact with the world. There are 2668 trees on the map, but only 2 heros can interact with them via spells (Treant and Timber)

I really like his writing style a lot so I'll probably really enjoy it. Also doesn't it only take place in a cabin? Cause I love that shit

If its a slow, western Reservoir Dogs I will eat that shit up.

I just had a really abusive game where the safe lane carry was blaming me for everything and the rest of the team decided to join in and pick on the solo support. Anyway they said they were going to report me and get me sent to low priority. How do I tell if I am in low priority? Will it happen straight away after the game or could I get a notification much later?

It just really has me down, just some games it is difficult to play support when your team has such terrible lanes.

Its impossible to go to low priority from 1 game of reports. And you will know your in LQP because there will be huge red text in the find match box that says YOU ARE IN LOW PRIORITY FOR (X) MORE GAMES!

Also mute assholes as soon as they start talking shit to you. Mute is the best feature this game has.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I just had a really abusive game where the safe lane carry was blaming me for everything and the rest of the team decided to join in and pick on the solo support. Anyway they said they were going to report me and get me sent to low priority. How do I tell if I am in low priority? Will it happen straight away after the game or could I get a notification much later?

It just really has me down, just some games it is difficult to play support when your team has such terrible lanes.

Multiple reports from 1 game don't stack. So you need to be a real asshole to get into low prio due to reports

BHK3

Banned
I would love to see more heroes that can interact with the world. There are 2668 trees on the map, but only 2 heros can interact with them via spells (Treant and Timber)

Is that the actual number? I'm sure it's less now. They really butchered the amount of trees because every possible juke spot is now super visible and the all the extra paths and camps they made removed lots of trees.

Aghs should remove the damage cap on Impetus and then cast miniature versions of her base spells on everyone in its path. Main target is enchanted, targets along the way are afflicted with Untouchable, and it trails wisps to heal your allies,

impetus should pass through the target for some portion (100%) of the distance travelled. and if it breaks a map border it should appear on the other side

omg ;___;

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
reports from people in the same party don't stack, but if you're with 4 other solo queuers and they all report you it counts as 4 different reports

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Untouchable should apply to +ASPD, she falls off so fast without HP and she's made of paper even if she builds tank.

That can't be right. Nature's Prophet's sprout and Treants and Windranger's Shackle are 2 that come to mind immediately. I'm not even counting the spells that arbitrarily clear a bunch of trees like Lina's stun. You're also missing Quelling Blade and its upgrades.

Tried the Drow Aghs/Maelstrom build, seems great. Lycan pushes one lane, I push the opposite lane just as hard.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
wtf why are people actually entertaining the idea of enchantress buffs, the hero is fkn ownage this patch and yes, you should get both the asu (no, the asu most definitely does not suck and is one of the better aghs out there) and dragon lance, this is just silly boys

Wok

So Aghs Luna is global, like Aghs Gyrocopter?

3x Aether Lens + Aghs + Octarine + Refresher Luna incoming, with Zeus, Spectre, Bloodseeker and NP?

So Aghs Luna is global, like Aghs Gyrocopter?

No, it has a radius. And it is, IMO, one of the worst aghs upgrades in the game.

Or, it's one of the more niche ones. I think it could be useful in situations where you want to take rax or something. Just drop the ult on the ground behind the tower and dare the other team to run through it to fight you. But outside of that sort of situation, it just requires too many heroes to stay in a central location for too long for it to really pay off.

Might be good to stick on an Aghs Bristleback or someone like that but again...so many other items you'd probably rather have on Luna.

aghs luna + storm spirit, you heard it here first
Why should luna want items early, just force a good fight and take the rax ez pz with her aura

edit : storm can chase better, and is invincible during ball lightning so it helps a lot

That can't be right. Nature's Prophet's sprout and Treants and Windranger's Shackle are 2 that come to mind immediately. I'm not even counting the spells that arbitrarily clear a bunch of trees like Lina's stun. You're also missing Quelling Blade and its upgrades.

I assume he meant heroes that are reliant on the game world, but even then Treant is kinda on oddball compared to Windranger. Wild Axes (BM) clears Trees, as well as Lina's Light Strike Array, and Dark Seer's Vaccuum. Bat Rider can clear essentially an entire side of the map with Firefly. I would say Nightstalker is top tier "interactive" considering he becomes way better at Night.

Acinixys

I assume he meant heroes that are reliant on the game world, but even then Treant is kinda on oddball compared to Windranger. Wild Axes (BM) clears Trees, as well as Lina's Light Strike Array, and Dark Seer's Vaccuum. Bat Rider can clear essentially an entire side of the map with Firefly. I would say Nightstalker is top tier "interactive" considering he becomes way better at Night.

And KOTL with aghs is way better during the day

But the game could still use more heroes with unique abilities

Red UFO

todays matchmaking antics involve a bristleback building a radiance at 40 minutes and a shadow fiend building mask of madness and getting blown up repeatedly!!!!

in the same game too! i love dota woooooooo

Wok

I love the possibility for first blood with Arc Warden à la Techies: spam Wraith near the rune and wait for the ennemy there with a few auto-attacks. The only thing that I am unsure of is whether the opponent can see the wraith waiting for him.

Also, create a tempest double, use the double to plant a gg branch, use the double to give you a shared tango, eat the tree with the shared tango for free regen.

Edit: What about 2x Solar Crest + W for evasion for easy low-armor Roshan thanks to the tempest double?

Where does Aghs fit into her build order to get use out of it tho? Do you build it first item like AM builds BF and then just fuck off in the woods while your team tries not to lose without you?

Aghs seems more relevant against heavy push like AW, NP... or megas.

Building it to farm like an AM seems a bit too much.

What is the order of dragon lance, maelstrom, morbid mask and aghs? Do you disassemble the dragon lance when you build the aghs or bkb?

Intuitively, I would go Morbid Mask > Dragon Lance > Maelstrom > Aghs. I would skip Morbid Mask if laning phase is going very well.

People who go 0-2-4-1 by level 7 on Legion Commander need to be banned from Dota for eternity. Why would anyone ever do that? Even if you jungle her (which is auto-loss) one point in the passive suffices and makes her mid game not entirely shit.

OO is esp good for laning, if you go pure jungle might as well make it more efficient. Maxing passive is also good against agi heroes who have good attack speed.

kionedrik

Intuitively, I would go Morbid Mask > Dragon Lance > Maelstrom > Aghs. I would skip Morbid Mask if laning phase is going very well.

As far as I understand you want to get it as early as possible to maximize your farming, so it should be your first big item. You could theoretically build lance first and disassemble it to get the aghs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom