• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
also adding a bounty to the clone doesn't actually slow arc warden down, it just gives your team a marginal boost. he will still have rapier way before you are able to deal with it and he will still be hiding off the map sending his rapier-equipped 10 second bkb clone with its army of necro creeps at you every 50 seconds or whatever.

imo the only way to make this sensible is to change the way item cooldowns work, or perhaps to make it so that all effects created by the clone end when the clone dies (i.e. necro units die after 20 seconds).

A friend of mine is having to download about 7GB of game updates every time they load up Steam. They've tried unin/reinstalling Steam, done about a million CHKDSKs, disabled anti-viruses, etc.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

inkls

imo giving the double a bounty isn't enough because it only lasts 20 seconds which usually isn't long enough to kill it...and if you try it will tear through most supports and a significant number of cores with its platoon of necro creeps and 100% evasion.

only the double and allied heroes are affected by the evasion btw

also adding a bounty to the clone doesn't actually slow arc warden down, it just gives your team a marginal boost. he will still have rapier way before you are able to deal with it and he will still be hiding off the map sending his rapier-equipped 10 second bkb clone with its army of necro creeps at you every 50 seconds or whatever.

imo the only way to make this sensible is to change the way item cooldowns work, or perhaps to make it so that all effects created by the clone end when the clone dies (i.e. necro units die after 20 seconds).

Thats why I said he should still be able to do it, but much later in the game than what he does currently. Disagree about the necro 3 thing tho. I agree about the changes needed to perma 10 bkb charge tho.

Marginal boost is better than no boost. Hero doesn't need to be garbage tier, rat dota is the only good thing he can do unless you change him up completely.

I will just assume that Wisp DDoS'd our game so I can sleep better. There is no way the timing could have been worse. I guess we could have been hitting the ancient right before it exploded but this shit already seemed staged.

Red UFO

I disagree that arc warden is only good at split pushing. His ult + 4 necro 3 creeps + whatever damage items he has can put in WORK during a fight. Not to mention the utility he can give with 2x his q and w.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i mean considering you literally KILL A HERO if you kill the clone the least you could do is be compensated for it, so whatever actually happens to him some kind of bounty should be added.

but either way that doesn't actually slow him down, as i said. it just gives a marginal tradeoff to the other team for killing the clone.

guy says he's going carry venge
puts first skill point in aura
goes MoM vs zeus

god why

lpq here we come

MmAB3JH.png

DrPizza

Banned
goes MoM vs zeus

god why

lpq here we come

MmAB3JH.png

Britney Spears did a song about players like you.

they'll just have midas share a cooldown with orig hero... you can't rearm midas after all
But his fast farm is driven by the 75 second double Midas.

I think some kind of a bounty would make more sense.

Or how about something even more exotic: instead of 30/15/0% of current HP/Mana, it's 30/15/0% of current HP/Mana/Unreliable Gold.

kvk1

honestly this pudge soundboard dude deserves a medal or something

he's fucking hilarious

when he starts playing the symphony of skills songs...i can't

Hylian7

honestly this pudge soundboard dude deserves a medal or something

he's fucking hilarious

when he starts playing the symphony of skills songs...i can't
This reminded me, the line when First Blood happens in the Rick and Morty pack that goes "Haha... Truth be known" is the name of the song in the Dotacinema Top Plays videos. I just realized this a few weeks ago.

how does xcom run on the vita? is it as bad as nuclear throne on the vita? cuz that thing runs like a piece of shit.

?? Nuclear throne runs fine outside of some slowdown with explosions.

XCOM is relatively low settings (which is expected), and I haven't played it personally just yet, but apparently it's fine? Might have to verify that one, honestly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Co-workers took me to see that Superman V Batman movie. It seriously needed better writing and editing. If it had slightly more coherent motivations, and a good editing, it would have been a lot better.

Also they broke the emoji plugin again. I guess they turned off the SSL stuff?

Co-workers took me to see that Superman V Batman movie. It seriously needed better writing and editing. If it had slightly more coherent motivations, and a good editing, it would have been a lot better.

Sorry to hear that bro. I found the movie as easy to follow as any. I thought the motivations of every major character were crystal clear.

manfestival

Also they broke the emoji plugin again. I guess they turned off the SSL stuff?

thats because the movie in a sense was fragmented like a comic book if you think about it. also, many of the things also kinda required a better sense of history for the comics. my friend was too into the main interpretations of both heroes that he was essentially appalled at the movies versions of the heroes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
God damn it I'm watching some fucking anime and I kind of like it I don't even know who I am anymore.

Hylian7

So I had a thought for what should've been part of the spring cleaning update: Wraith Night should be a permanent custom map.
Isn't it already? I know there as a sample "defense" mode in the custom map tools, and that was of course made into Wraith Night Expansion, which is pretty good.

Wraith Night was the best holiday game mode, bar none.

cris7198

goes MoM vs zeus

god why

lpq here we come

MmAB3JH.png

Second point in aura at level 12

Isn't the aura why carry venge is a thing? And MoM is not bad on her if you have a support to save your ass like treant, omni or dazzle, but against zeus holy fuck

Isn't it already? I know there as a sample "defense" mode in the custom map tools, and that was of course made into Wraith Night Expansion, which is pretty good.

Wraith Night was the best holiday game mode, bar none.
It isn't. WNE hasn't been updated since last year either.

Hylian7

Did they actually give a date for when Battle Pass ends, or is this implied to be the last week? For the last two weeks I bet 250 on the first four games and won them all. With 2k points I can hit max level for sure.

less than 24hours after announcing their squad, team avengers kicks vansokr (who refused an invite from team empire a couple of hours before) and moved black^ to a pos5

SeemsGood.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
less than 24hours after announcing their squad, team avengers kicks vansokr (who refused an invite from team empire a couple of hours before) and moved black^ to a pos5

SeemsGood.png

Wat. Wow Vansokr got fucked. I wonder if he will somehow get a last second team, or will just end up as Empire's Sub spot and try to find a team good enough to get though the the open qualifiers.

cris7198

So I'm done dealing with my brother and his pc

I'm selling my consoles to get a good pc, i think i'm getting a 970 to play at 144fps, any advice?

manfestival

So I'm done dealing with my brother and his pc

I'm selling my consoles to get a good pc, i think i'm getting a 970 to play at 144fps, any advice?

I have a 970 and I know kade got his 970 around the same time that I did. The game does not run at 144fps unless maybe you turn down the graphics. It is unreal how intensive dota 2 at max. The game mostly goes from 60-90fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom