• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

So now they're spamming Obama and the president of malaysia's Facebook pages.

This is going beyond funny to watch and has now crossed into just plain embarrassing for the dota 2 community. We look like fools now...

You have 6 millions of players that haven't been talked to in months, and you refuse to say anything to them. It was bound to happen, in 6 million ppl who know how many insane people are there.

docbon

What is there to respond to..."hey we didn't have an event"? People crying over not getting a memo to a game that is working fine and currently playable have way to much spare time. It's possible it's the people you see sitting in the menu never spectating or playing matches.

It's actually refreshing they have not given in to demands and commented. Games where the community cries and the developers constantly make changes usually causes everyone to be unhappy.

ViviOggi

Three Tombstones?

Some users, believing that the Steam Halloween Sale featured 3 tombstones, noted that the only way to have 3 tombstones appear in a real game of DotA 2 would be to involve Skeleton King's Reincarnation ultimate (tombstone before reincarnation), the Aegis (tombstone on death), and Undying's tombstone. However, it appears there were 4 separate tombstones used for the Steam Halloween Sale, not just 3.

Obviously it couldn't have been three tombstones, that would have confirmed HL3.

sephi22

Should I tell them?
Honestly? Yes
You've seen what happens when you keep hope alive. Tell them this isn't a thing so that they don't waste all this time expecting something just to blow off the handle when they realize it

What is there to respond to..."hey we didn't have an event"? People crying over not getting a memo to a game that is working fine and currently playable have way to much spare time. It's possible it's the people you see sitting in the menu never spectating or playing matches.

It's actually refreshing they have not given in to demands and commented. Games where the community cries and the developers constantly make changes usually causes everyone to be unhappy.
I disagree. A simple 'Due to unforeseen circumstances, we can't provide Diretide this year' on the official Dota twitter would have been enough. Takes 1 person 10 seconds to do that.

Honestly? Yes
You've seen what happens when you keep hope alive. Tell them this isn't a thing so that they don't waste all this time expecting something just to blow off the handle when they realize it
They'll just say he's trolling and that him commenting on it proves they're onto something making it worse.
Nope. It's far too entertaining.

Also, nobody is actually salty with you. People simply have nobody else near Valve to express frustration to. Obvious I'm sure, but it's worth saying.
Lots of people still think he works for valve. Plus death threats are frustration expressions I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If Matt ever wants to actually troll them, he just needs to change his avatar to TA, nonchalantly comment on something, and wait.

I'd be fine if there were no greeviling.

It'd be pretty easy for matt to put an "About Me" section on his website just to clear up rampant speculation, like whether or not he's a valve employee.

You don't read the comments on his blog, I take it.

Of course not. But again, I think it's a function of not having anyone else interacting with the community to vent to. The frustration is meant for Valve proper, not Matt who actually does what he does damn well.

Lots of people still think he works for valve.

He does. Or, that was my understanding at TI3.

Oh no, the impeccable reputation enjoyed by the Dota 2 community is being tarnished.

LOL

eznark

Banned
So now they're spamming Obama and the president of malaysia's Facebook pages.

This is going beyond funny to watch and has now crossed into just plain embarrassing for the dota 2 community. We look like fools now...

Oh no, the impeccable reputation enjoyed by the Dota 2 community is being tarnished.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
spirit_secret.jpg

n6xBayx.png

I'm hot on the trail guys

Oh shit, I didn't try this with Bloodstone.

I should have, because PERSEVERANCE is the key!

Volvo y u do this 2 me

What do you guys build on Viper for regen? I know Mekansm is a common choice, but our support was already building a Mek so I didn't want to build another one. What else works on Viper? I was in dire need of hp regen in the mid/late game.

Pipe? Or alternatively a Helm of Iron Will to turn into an Armlet..

Okay that's hilarious.

Some of you guys in this thread need to lay off Matt though, yeesh. Sucks to be saying this but it's time to move on :'( and
wait
hope for Frostivus Greeviling!

The reactions from people on reddit/etc is pretty ridiculous though - there's a certain line people should kinda adhere as players/consumers representing Dota 2 and they have long crossed it.

ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ punch him.

orznge

Banned
Okay that's hilarious.

Some of you guys in this thread need to lay off Matt though, yeesh. Sucks to be saying this but it's time to move on :'( and
wait
hope for Frostivus Greeviling!

The reactions from people on reddit/etc is pretty ridiculous though - there's a certain line people should kinda adhere as players/consumers representing Dota 2 and they have long crossed it.

yeah I'm sure it's taking a real toll on the guy who has a blog that just exists for adsense dollars and on the multi-billion dollar company

Solmyr

Neo Member
Should I tell them?

So the ARG is real and you're letting them solve it themselves. That's good.

Or it's not and you're apparently amused by watching dozens of people waste their time on a frivolous search.

Gee I agree I don't know why some of the community sees you as arrogant and condescending

SamVimes

Or it's not and you're apparently amused by watching dozens of people waste their time on a frivolous search.

Gee I agree I don't know why some of the community sees you as arrogant and condescending

Holy shit you guys take everything way too seriously.

Dahbomb

This is too much real tawk for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he's being facetious.

I hope so anyway.

What is this... :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom