• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wouldn't a false web of lies be the truth? You know, double negative and all that jazz.
I think we all would have preferred you say so two or three days ago if you knew so.
He did though. I didn't agree with his assessment, since valve is pretty good at keeping their TF2 events under wrap, but he made his opinion on the matter pretty clear.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think he did on twatter.

Not really, he was asked about Diretide and he said no. And then never responded to questions about another event. It was very easy to interpret as teasing a non-Diretide event (which much of the community did).

Major difference between that and what he just said.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You all need to stop being so bitter, Diretide is stupid anyway.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give heroes please.

Sliver

Oh my god can you guys please stop fucking whining. It's over, and hopefully we get the spirits in the upcoming weeks.

And SF remodel pls.

Artanisix

You all need to stop being so bitter, Diretide is stupid anyway.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give heroes please.

+1

Silly events that last two weeks <<< New heroes, which is what it looks like Valve is concentrating on.

Please direct me to the post where you definitively stated there was no event coming.

ordAI8V.png

Doesn't get more clear than that. Just chill out, we'll get something eventually.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Matt, is that spirits picture anything people should give a shit about right now? Or is it just Valve saying there is something on the way later?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Yeah, read my post a couple back. Seriously not the same statement, and many people on GAF and elsewhere took that as a hint of another mode. Not sure why people are now pretending that thought didn't exist.

I'm gonna be made into an asshole here but whatever, I'm not trying to be a dick or nitpick shit. I'm not that bothered about it anymore. But there is a clear difference between the two statements, and making the definitive one earlier would have let a lot of people stop obsessing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You shouldn't hold Matt responsible for yours and others' rampant speculation and anticipation.

sephi22

Yeah, read my post a couple back. Seriously not the same statement, and many people on GAF and elsewhere took that as a hint of another mode. Not sure why people are now pretending that thought didn't exist.

I'm gonna be made into an asshole here but whatever, I'm not trying to be a dick or nitpick shit. I'm not that bothered about it anymore. But there is a clear difference between the two statements, and making the definitive one earlier would have let a lot of people stop obsessing.

I agree with you.
I took 'Not this year' as a sign on another event coming instead.

I agree with you.
I took 'Not this year' as a sign on another event coming instead.

That's your fault. Not his.

I did the same thing, because I honestly did not expect Valve to just ditch the event. That does not mean I should start blaming others for misreading their posts.

ViviOggi

Emerson's point isn't that far-fetched considering the older holdout strings. But obviously Matt isn't to blame for his tweet's interpretive framework, he might not have known the full story to give a 100% thumbs down and in the end he's not obliged to comment on anything Valve does at all.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You shouldn't hold Matt responsible for yours and others' rampant speculation and anticipation.

No, I don't hold him responsible. Matt has absolutely no obligation to do what he does (as far as I know), something that is generally appreciated by the Dota community. I'm not filing a legal complaint with the guy, or harassing him in real life, or anywhere else. I made a suggestion on an internet message board (after he posted on the subject) that he probably could have dampened the flames if he wanted to. Surely he saw the immediate responses to his tweet. Again, he can do whatever the hell he wants. But saying after that, "No, I meant no event at all" would have stopped a lot of it, in my opinion.

Honestly all I'd like at this point is some sorta response from the dev. A short blog post or even a tweet. But apparently that is also far too much to ask for.

I'll make sure to spell it out next time then. *

* Please don't use this phrase as speculation that there will be no Christmas event.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Matt was implying on Twitter that heroes were more important to the community than an event so we'd get heroes instead. We got neither. Valve has yet to say a goddamned word about it

G.ZZZ

gg my next car is going to be a volvo

Sorry Calidor , anticarried you hard today :eggsoneyes:

If they gave into whining they wouldn't have used steam. Valve's history is a bit longer than 2 years. I'm still convinced the ursa set removal was simply to see what would happen to the item's relative trade value with it being extremely limited ala maxs head and the whining was the excuse they needed.

Tag: Corporate apologist 2.0

Why you don't be a poor apologist like we are :(

Matt was implying on Twitter that heroes were more important to the community than an event so we'd get heroes instead. We got neither. Valve has yet to say a goddamned word about it

We'll get the Test Client update Monday for sure!

All this bullshit could have been avoided had Valve taken five minutes to put up a blog post. Ain't that keen.

So now they're spamming Obama and the president of malaysia's Facebook pages.

This is going beyond funny to watch and has now crossed into just plain embarrassing for the dota 2 community. We look like fools now...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So now they're spamming Obama and the president of malaysia's Facebook pages.

This is going beyond funny to watch and has now crossed into just plain embarrassing for the dota 2 community. We look like fools now...

This is great, I can't stop laughing. Maybe Valve will finally get the memo. I swear if they bring back that shitty frostivus greevling mode for Christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom