• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

yeah I'm sure it's taking a real toll on the guy who has a blog that just exists for adsense dollars and on the multi-billion dollar company
Okay, I'll humour you.

Just exists for adsense? Really? Where do you get off saying that? Last I checked, Matt has been doing this since at least Clinkz arrived in Dota 2.

I enjoy seeing the content of most patches and if it means giving Matt an ad click for spending whatever amount of time it takes him to lay it out for us then so be it.

Edit: didn't see your other posts.. :lol :lol

So the ARG is real and you're letting them solve it themselves. That's good.

Or it's not and you're apparently amused by watching dozens of people waste their time on a frivolous search.

Gee I agree I don't know why some of the community sees you as arrogant and condescending
Can't speak on their behalf but I'm sure there are some people who enjoy the whole ARG process. I guess you're happy now though?

ZGginBQ.png

woodland

Never got a double midas, so I had no idea they shared CD, lmao

When it was first added they had different CD's on bear/hero, but it got fixed awhile ago.. It's such an awful build I guess he didn't know^^

Was still a fun game though, missed the dotes<3

BeesEight

Alternatively you can just deliver the gem for them.

Huh, I didn't even consider this. I've done that with my friends before. Guess I thought at least one person would take it up. Well, you learn something new every game!

Stupid things aside, will the mid-tier gaf tournament be CM? Because i've got the whole team on and we'd like to get a game or two of pratice.

There's a gaf tournament?!

I guess I've been busy for almost a month. Is this an indication that the inhouse league is returning?

Artanisix

There is a midtier gaf tournament going on. Signups are here, but we really need more players to form teams. Take a look through the spreadsheet, have a chat with those who aren't in a team or don't have a full team yet.

You would have hated him before the patch too, assuming more people played him at the time.

He was definitely annoying, and I considered him the technical king of midlane, but the extra exp just piles on that harass. It's especially noticeable when you pick up your ult and they're still level 5.

The change to not deny exp is a non factor when most liches would sacrifice in the fog anyway.

Dahbomb

Dignitas posted a list of the heroes who benefited the most from 6.79

http://www.team-dignitas.org/articles/blogs/DotA-2/4136/The-winners-of-Dota2s-6.79-patch/

Lich is my most hated person to lane against after 6.79 , I wish mana meant something to him.
Edit: Why is Venomancer listed twice on there?

Lich was always good in the laning phase but now he is quite absurd. One on one he can out harass anyone. Hell he can even harass in a 2v1 situation. The real big changes to the offlane is what made him better both as a support and as an offlaner. While other supports struggle to get EXP from the jungle now, Lich is self sufficient and will always get a sustain level of EXP in the early game. He's the only hero in the game who can do that. The EXP from friendly unit is pretty big.

Calidor

There is a midtier gaf tournament going on. Signups are here, but we really need more players to form teams. Take a look through the spreadsheet, have a chat with those who aren't in a team or don't have a full team yet.

There are 7 teams already, just invite Na'Vi or Alliance and kick off the tourney!

Anteo

I whish I could join the tourny, but my internet conection is pretty bad so at times I cant even play.
Or when my sister or dad start watching stuff online.
:(

Hylian7

Dignitas posted a list of the heroes who benefited the most from 6.79

http://www.team-dignitas.org/articles/blogs/DotA-2/4136/The-winners-of-Dota2s-6.79-patch/

Lich is my most hated person to lane against after 6.79 , I wish mana meant something to him.
How is Meepo not on there? You get your second, experience-absorbing, ganking dude at level four who has an ensnare that stops invis and blinks! LEVEL FOUR!

Despite the vision and non-Agh stat sharing nerfs, the level 4 Divided We Stand MORE than makes up for it!

Spookie

Can someone explain what exactly is going on? Why is cyborgmatt getting hate?

I think it is because he happened to find nothing in recent patches so the only logical connection people could draw is that he must be working for Valve and therefore hiding something. Things promptly went down hill from there.

Edit: Removed awful foreshadowing.

The Dota-GAF ARG.

*inception horn*

Anteo

Overly emotional children letting their worst tendencies get the better of them about sums it up.

So basically, just like any day inside the dota comunity, but now those guys are doing the stupid things outside on the real world

Dahbomb

How is Meepo not on there? You get your second, experience-absorbing, ganking dude at level four who has an ensnare that stops invis and blinks! LEVEL FOUR!

Despite the vision and non-Agh stat sharing nerfs, the level 4 Divided We Stand MORE than makes up for it!
Eh it's not really a super insightful article, it's just looking at the top heroes on DOTA buff and explaining their buffs. Meepo is still not that high on the win percentage to be mentioned.

Like they forgot to add in Shadow Shaman when he saw a substantial win percentage increase and before he wasn't even on that picture for 6.78 yet now he is on the 6.79 pic.

Didn't talk about Broodmother either who statistically speaking got the highest boost in win percentage. I think it was something like 8% increase.

hLTqLC8.png

Unless something has changed for him in the last few months, last I heard he still doesn't and never has worked for Valve.

From what I recall at TI3, he was in the midst of relocating (to Seattle?) after having accepted a Valve offer. I could be misremembering or thinking of someone else, but I don't think I am. Memory fades.

Worst week in Dota history?

Worst week in Dota history.

Considering Dota2 has never had a *bad* week (uneventful weeks at worst), this certainly meets the requirements. It's its own monster now.

Sibylus

Banned
And yeah, you can at least excuse actual children because their brains are quite literally undeveloped. Can't quite excuse people attacking their frontal lobes with proverbial crayons.

Because stupid people are stupid. I really hope he doesn't leave GAF. He's done everything right and wasn't even obligated to in the first place.
I'm not going to leave, I'm just having a pretty shit day.

Received a phone call earlier today on my personal phone number with some idiot threatening to "visit my home" and now we have some more idiots who think it's a great idea to post my number on websites.

This community is really bloody pathetic.

kvk1

Received a phone call earlier today on my personal phone number with some idiot threatening to "visit my home" and now we have some more idiots who think it's a great idea to post my number on websites.

Sorry mate, that's really uncalled for. Hang tough.

It is quite serendipitous that today's episode of This American Life was about Fiascos.

From what I recall at TI3, he was in the midst of relocating (to Seattle?) after having accepted a Valve offer. I could be misremembering or thinking of someone else, but I don't think I am. Memory fades.
I remember people saying he was moving but I don't remember where to (I don't think Seattle) and somewhere he was explicitly saying he still didn't work for Valve. But yeah my memory is trash as well, I could have made that all up with my old mind.

shira

Eeeeeee. That's fucked up. Stay safe Matt.

Spookie

Fuck that noise, I hope things don't get any further out of hand. Might want to contact your phone provider to see what they can do.

Sibylus

Banned

It really is, hell of a culture problem :/

Definitely stay safe, take a sabbatical if you need it!

Hylian7

I'm really sorry to hear that. Those idiots don't represent the community well. I can say that I personally appreciate what you do for the community and so do many others.

I'm glad to hear you are not leaving though.

Call the cops, get the 14 year old arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom