• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why Puppey didn't go ganking early at all. Couldn't afford to not have momentum like that with their lineup. And a Chen that takes no towers is a very sad Chen indeed.

And Alliance definitely seems like they figured out Xboct's current incarnation of Medusa. His build is super greedy and they finally were able to punish it.

KingKong

kinda weird that D2L has so many matches, East and West, and yet there are only 4 teams in playoffs. Seems dumb to have so many teams competing for the second seed online instead of LAN

Why do tournaments love 4 team double elimination so much anyway? I would much rather they have 8 teams with upper and lower brackets or even NFL style 6 teams with top 2 seeds in the semis

shira

iv1xz5EB8uyhL.gif

KawaEEsama

I'm still annoyed that TPL DK set has been held up.

I wonder why the guy that made it doesn't just submit it by itself. It's an incredible set and would be a shoe-in to get into the game (assuming people don't have any misconceptions about it not being affiliated with TPL).

Haven't had a game tonight where the other team didn't have multiple disconnects. It ruins the game even if you end up winning. What are the penalities for quitting games early or getting reported?

Haven't had a game tonight where the other team didn't have multiple disconnects. It ruins the game even if you end up winning. What are the penalities for quitting games early or getting reported?

After so many abandons in a certain time frame they will be put into the Low Priority Queue. Starts at 24 hours then increases after that if you have another abandon or reports within a certain amount of time. The amount of time and reports is something that Valve doesnt make public.

Essentially nothing which is why it is so common. You might end up with 48 hours in low priority at worst.

Dahbomb

If someone abandons the game early and it says "no stats will be recorded" then everyone should just leave the game anyway. If it says "abanonded" but does not say no stats will be recorded then you have to keep playing the game.

When someone abandons like two games within a short period of time (like let's say a day) they are put into Low Priority queue which is like the shit hole of DOTA 2. That's where all the reported players go along with the abandons. Once they serve their time then they can go back into normal queue. LP time goes up if you keep abandoning or keep getting reported.

Personally speaking the penalty for abandonment and reporting isn't strict enough.

If someone abandons the game early and it says "no stats will be recorded" then everyone should just leave the game anyway. If it says "abanonded" but does not say no stats will be recorded then you have to keep playing the game.

When someone abandons like two games within a short period of time (like let's say a day) they are put into Low Priority queue which is like the shit hole of DOTA 2. That's where all the reported players go along with the abandons. Once they serve their time then they can go back into normal queue. LP time goes up if you keep abandoning or keep getting reported.

Personally speaking the penalty for abandonment and reporting isn't strict enough.

So if someone abandons I should just leave immediately, even if I'm on the other team? I get no perks from winning outside of possible item drops, right?

Dahbomb

So if someone abandons I should just leave immediately, even if I'm on the other team? I get no perks from winning outside of possible item drops, right?
If it says "no stats will be recorded" then you should leave immediately. This usually happens when the abandonment happens really early into the game. If some one just feeds a lot then rage quits into an abandonment, then you have to keep playing because the game still counts.

The other time where you leave a game is where a loss is guaranteed on your side. If you are on the winning side you have to complete the team even if there is like only one person on the other side (if stats are being recorded).

Hylian7

I just realized something, Riki has the potential to be the best dewarder in the game.

"But Hylian, you lowly low-tier trenchie, Riki is a melee hero you silly goose, he can't deward!

But wait, he can! There's a little item called Quelling Blade that he could get early on to last hit with, but that has another function that makes it worth the price: It kiills wards instantly. Using items doesn't reveal Riki anymore, so he places a sentry and kills it with his QB.

GorillaJu

I just realized something, Riki has the potential to be the best dewarder in the game.

"But Hylian, you lowly low-tier trenchie, Riki is a melee hero you silly goose, he can't deward!

But wait, he can! There's a little item called Quelling Blade that he could get early on to last hit with, but that has another function that makes it worth the price: It kiills wards instantly. Using items doesn't reveal Riki anymore, so he places a sentry and kills it with his QB.

-_-

Last I checked it took two QB attacks to kill a ward....so you use it, wait for 40 seconds or something, then use it again.

If it says "no stats will be recorded" then you should leave immediately. This usually happens when the abandonment happens really early into the game. If some one just feeds a lot then rage quits into an abandonment, then you have to keep playing because the game still counts.

The other time where you leave a game is where a loss is guaranteed on your side. If you are on the winning side you have to complete the team even if there is like only one person on the other side (if stats are being recorded).

Hm good to know. It's weird because sometimes they show a decent level of competency but still end up getting killed slowly by random clinkz arrows or repeatedly chase me under my tower even though they know I have a stun ability, and eventually ragequit. You'd think these things are mistakes you only make once, but I guess people still jump on you in Street Fighter no matter how many times you punish them for it.

Dying 5 times in 10 minutes and ragequitting, then repeating the process over and over again til you get to the probation queue... it doesn't sound like a fun game. Russians gonna Russia I guess.

NBtoaster

You don't have to keep playing. It will still count as a loss for you but you wont get an abandon if someone else already has left.

5 seconds...It's still low-risk dewarding.

It puts Riki into a higher risk by making him go to areas which more likely have sentry wards. And Riki shouldn't get a quelling blade for last hitting because backstab makes it easy.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Did a Slark + Veno lane tonight with a friend. That combo is hilarious. Pretty sure the Void we faced up against ended the game with negative farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom