• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

You don't have to keep playing. It will still count as a loss for you but you wont get an abandon if someone else already has left.

It puts Riki into a higher risk by making him go to areas which more likely have sentry wards. And Riki shouldn't get a quelling blade for last hitting because backstab makes it easy.

And those are also something you are getting rid of. On top of that, Observer Wards give you 50 gold each for dewarding them 4.5 wards = the price of a Quelling Blade, so it pays for itself.

THIS IS A GENIUS IDEA I SWEAR GUYS!

Also I'm streaming some Meepo play. Been wanting to play it all day.

Meep meep.

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

Hylian7

I hate when you want to play an easily countered hero and don't see him in Random Draft all day, then play All Pick because you are dying to play him, and everyone counterpicks/counterrandoms you.

Yes I'm talking about Meepo. Fuck going against a Sand King, Rubick, Elder Titan, and Sniper (who appears to headshot 100% of the time when I'm trying to poof)

Edit: I also totally had that bug happen to me where Sand King gets Caustic Finale on two Meepos and gets two kills. Total fucking bullshit.

Spookie

firstdecentdrop.jpg

Kinda glad I played that second game now.

Hylian7

Fuck me I'm having the worst string of games ever. I end up failing twice in a rows as Meepo and then can't do anything as Storm. I even abandoned two of them. It was really that bad.

Edit: Got low priority for two abandons, deserved it though because I was pissed, mostly at myself. Oh well.

Fuck me I'm having the worst string of games ever. I end up failing twice in a rows as Meepo and then can't do anything as Storm. I even abandoned two of them. It was really that bad.

Edit: Got low priority for two abandons, deserved it though because I was pissed, mostly at myself. Oh well.

It's Icefrog's punishment for suggesting Rikimaru as a dewarder.

Hylian7

After a series of bad Meepo games tonight (after a series of good ones lately), I come to Meepo-GAF with one question.

How to the Meepo-players of GAF deal with potentially getting counterpicked by most of the hero pool? I feel like I should be genuninely scared of so many heroes, and many of them rightfully so. Here's a list of the ones I think counter Meepo to some degree:

Earthshaker - Obvious reasons why
Sven - Waits to use Storm Bolt after the big Poof in for burst and cleave through all of them
Tiny - Big AoE Stun
Kunkka - Annoying to deal with lane, as well as lot of AoE to lock down all the Meepos
Alchemist - Pretty much the same reason as Sven
Brewmaster - Mass AoE
Centaur Warrunner
Timbersaw
Bristleback (haven't actually played against this one yet, but in theory I would think it's hard to deal with)
Elder Titan (removes Magic Resistance = no bueno)
Axe (if he gets lucky)
Pudge - By the time you can Poof your other Meepo to save the one that got hooked, he is already bursting him down. The hook did most of the work already
Sand King
Slardar
Tidehunter
Magnus
Juggernaut
Sniper - Seems like an odd one, but it's really frustrating when you are trying to net or Poof on him and he keeps headshotting you. Then you think you get one Meepo away and BOOM Assassinate.
Gyrocopter - Flak Cannon
Naga Siren - Mass AoE armor reduction. Not always a counter, but can be depending on what team is backing her up
Shadow Fiend - Venomancer
Clinkz (if he gets Orchid quickly, otherwise not too bad)
Medusa (only if you go really late game, but if you're going late game like this against a Dusa anyway the game is pretty much lost)
Puck
Storm Spirit
Windrunner
Lina
Jakiro
Silencer (although this "counters" everyone, but it really hurts Meepo because "just get BKB" isn't an option)
Rubick - I played against one earlier, tried to eat him up, but he kept lifting one Meepo,and dropping him into the others which set his team up for an easy follow up.
Disruptor
Lich
Lion - This one isn't too bad because the Magic Resistance actually does a lot of good here, and the stun is in a line instead of a circular AoE
Witch Doctor
Enigma
Necrolyte
Warlock
Queen of Pain
Leshrac
Dark Seer
Invoker

That's 43 heroes that I can think of that somewhat counter Meepo, or COMPLETELY counter him!

I guess this is why he doesn't get picked much in the pro scene, and even then only really N0Tail plays him.

With everyone and their mother doing the A to Z challenge, I was thinking of making a simple web app to track your progress. My idea was that you can create an account to save your progress and enter match IDs to track the game stats. Is there any interest for this sort of thing?

Daedalux

Neo Member
After a series of bad Meepo games tonight (after a series of good ones lately), I come to Meepo-GAF with one question.

How to the Meepo-players of GAF deal with potentially getting counterpicked by most of the hero pool? I feel like I should be genuninely scared of so many heroes, and many of them rightfully so. Here's a list of the ones I think counter Meepo to some degree:

Earthshaker - Obvious reasons why
Sven - Waits to use Storm Bolt after the big Poof in for burst and cleave through all of them
Tiny - Big AoE Stun
Kunkka - Annoying to deal with lane, as well as lot of AoE to lock down all the Meepos
Alchemist - Pretty much the same reason as Sven
Brewmaster - Mass AoE
Centaur Warrunner
Timbersaw
Bristleback (haven't actually played against this one yet, but in theory I would think it's hard to deal with)
Elder Titan (removes Magic Resistance = no bueno)
Axe (if he gets lucky)
Pudge - By the time you can Poof your other Meepo to save the one that got hooked, he is already bursting him down. The hook did most of the work already
Sand King
Slardar
Tidehunter
Magnus
Juggernaut
Sniper - Seems like an odd one, but it's really frustrating when you are trying to net or Poof on him and he keeps headshotting you. Then you think you get one Meepo away and BOOM Assassinate.
Gyrocopter - Flak Cannon
Naga Siren - Mass AoE armor reduction. Not always a counter, but can be depending on what team is backing her up
Shadow Fiend - Venomancer
Clinkz (if he gets Orchid quickly, otherwise not too bad)
Medusa (only if you go really late game, but if you're going late game like this against a Dusa anyway the game is pretty much lost)
Puck
Storm Spirit
Windrunner
Lina
Jakiro
Silencer (although this "counters" everyone, but it really hurts Meepo because "just get BKB" isn't an option)
Rubick - I played against one earlier, tried to eat him up, but he kept lifting one Meepo,and dropping him into the others which set his team up for an easy follow up.
Disruptor
Lich
Lion - This one isn't too bad because the Magic Resistance actually does a lot of good here, and the stun is in a line instead of a circular AoE
Witch Doctor
Enigma
Necrolyte
Warlock
Queen of Pain
Leshrac
Dark Seer
Invoker

That's 43 heroes that I can think of that somewhat counter Meepo, or COMPLETELY counter him!

I guess this is why he doesn't get picked much in the pro scene, and even then only really N0Tail plays him.

Nothing much you can do to be honest.

Normally, I don't insta-pick Meepo when I see it can go down the drain, when I do is because I have a support that I trust (a friend, for example).

When you see it would be hard to stay Meepin', you have to be more careful and plan it well before you go poofing away.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anuxi + legendary + no longer on the store. I think it's the best PotM mount.

Hylian7

Nothing much you can do to be honest.

Normally, I don't insta-pick Meepo when I see it can go down the drain, when I do is because I have a support that I trust (a friend, for example).

When you see it would be hard to stay Meepin', you have to be more careful and plan it well before you go poofing away.
Yeah, the only problem is that you would rarely get to play Meepo because 9 times out of 10, one of those heroes is in the game.

I kind of wonder if this would be extremely overpowered: BKB on Meepo gives it to all the clones at the same time. This means they share a cooldown, and when it is activated, they all get the buff.

ViviOggi

I kind of wonder if this would be extremely overpowered: BKB on Meepo gives it to all the clones at the same time. This means they share a cooldown, and when it is activated, they all get the buff.

I feel like this would be ridiculous at least with a fresh BKB, but it's hard to say for certain without seeing it in action.
Can you cast poof on magic immune Meepoes?

Hylian7

I feel like this would be ridiculous at least with a fresh BKB, but it's hard to say for certain without seeing it in action.
Can you cast poof on magic immune Meepoes?
I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. Poof is technically a ground targeted spell, where it brings you to the nearest Meepo to where you clicked. You can click them directly, but you can also use the ground. This is how you do Blink Poofs, where you click with the secondary ones on or near the enemy hero, then blink and they end up at the main one.

SamVimes

Some of those heroes don't counter Meepo at all. Like Lich might seem like an obvious counter but if you run around with one point in ult and the clones next to each other when he's 6 you just deserve to die. Having the clones actually helps you in teamfights because you're splitting the damage more. Meepo shouldn't care about most AoE spells, the problem is strong single target that can focus down a clone really quickly.

dmshaposv

firstdecentdrop.jpg

Kinda glad I played that second game now.

Can someone explain how the loot drops in the game? is it just random or based on the match performance or rank level? I'd love to get legendary courier drops like these too. :(

In my last 20 pub matches or so, ive got nothing or a shitty green/pink chest.

Hylian7

Some of those heroes don't counter Meepo at all. Like Lich might seem like an obvious counter but if you run around with one point in ult and the clones next to each other when he's 6 you just deserve to die. Having the clones actually helps you in teamfights because you're splitting the damage more. Meepo shouldn't care about most AoE spells, the problem is strong single target that can focus down a clone really quickly.
Right, but with Lich it generally isn't a problem until he hits 16 and possibly has Aghanims as you have 5 Meepos. Splitting 5 Meepos quick enough while they are slowed is quite hard, then you have to worry about the ensuing team fight and if you have enough Meepos with a respectable amount of health left.

AoE stuns are a major issue though, as usually when you initiate on someone, you Poof all the Meepos in on them. Now lets say Sven walks up to save his buddy, or that poor guy is Sven, you are in big trouble since all of them are now stunned. It is manageable if one gets stunned as you can take advantage of the stun being down to turn things around.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can someone explain how the loot drops in the game? is it just random or based on the match performance or rank level? I'd love to get legendary courier drops like these too. :(

It's completely random. Also as a rule everybody is going to get amazing drops but you.

ViviOggi

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. Poof is technically a ground targeted spell, where it brings you to the nearest Meepo to where you clicked. You can click them directly, but you can also use the ground. This is how you do Blink Poofs, where you click with the secondary ones on or near the enemy hero, then blink and they end up at the main one.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about how exactly the spell determines if a cast is valid - does it check if there's a Meepo nearby when you cast on the ground, or does it trigger when cast directly on a Meepo but has an additional, invisible radius for ground casts?

I've just tried it to be sure and you're right, it works. Then I'm definitely in the op camp regarding your suggestion.

The worst players always get the best drops

The big hooter also has the custom leap sound, so that's another reason why it's particularly desirable. Besides being the best PotM mount anyway, as mentioned.

Hylian7

Yeah, I wasn't sure about how exactly the spell determines if a cast is valid - does it check if there's a Meepo nearby when you cast on the ground, or does it trigger when cast directly on a Meepo but has an additional, invisible radius for ground casts?

I've just tried it to be sure and you're right, it works. Then I'm definitely in the op camp regarding your suggestion.

The worst players always get the best drops
What if it was something like regular BKB for main Meepo, always 4 second BKB for the clones?

Wes

venison crêpe
That was one of the best plays I've ever seen. Mag saving NP from Nyx in the first EG v Speed game.

yarden24

hi!

I asked before but ill do so again, if i want to invest in 10-15$ items, that will hopefully be worth more, what should i get?

G.ZZZ

hi!

I asked before but ill do so again, if i want to invest in 10-15$ items, that will hopefully be worth more, what should i get?

Leviathan and Owlion are pretty safe bets imho. Both beautiful items, with unique effects that should keep them in demand, plus they're unlikely to ever be resold (Leviathan is immortal so it should actually never be resold, Owlion could be put on the shop again, but it's extremely unlikely imho).

shira

Leviathan and Owlion are pretty sure bets imho. Both beautiful items, with unique effects that should keep them in demand, plus they're unlikely to ever be resold (Leviathan is immortal so it should actually never be resold, Owlion could be put on the shop again, but it's extremely unlikely imho).

Owlion is $40. . .

hi!

Get penny stocks. This shit makes the stock market look safe. It's unpredictable and too young for anyone to give you a good answer on what is really cheap now but guaranteed to raise in price.

JustinBB7

With everyone and their mother doing the A to Z challenge, I was thinking of making a simple web app to track your progress. My idea was that you can create an account to save your progress and enter match IDs to track the game stats. Is there any interest for this sort of thing?

I'd love this, might do another A-Z challenge then.

Anteo

Really? I thought the target was decided on the moment you start casting, not at the end, like tp scrolls.

Artanisix

...That's 43 heroes that I can think of that somewhat counter Meepo, or COMPLETELY counter him!

Most of those heroes aren't really counters at all. The best answer I can give you is to be smarter with your poofing and positioning, and remember that Meepo isn't an initiator and does NOT need to go in first. Let someone else take a bulk of the stuns unless you are completely loaded on reavers. For heroes like Sven, blink and net with your one Meepo and wait until he blows his stun before poofing everything else in. Then you can just microlord your low HP Meepos out.

The only hero I actively avoid picking Meepo into is Timbersaw because he shits out way too much damage and Meepo can't lock him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom