• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

Sibylus

Banned
So I guess that goes a long way to explain how it is TL, and Dignitas dropped Korok after such a short tenure. Not an attitude you can do much of anything with.

JustinBB7

First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update. The rest of the update we’ve been working on is in final testing, and as each of us finish up our work on it, we’ve been jumping over to Diretide.

They say Diretide is in the next update, the big patch is being tested. Don't think they will be together really.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They say Diretide is in the next update, the big patch is being tested. Don't think they will be together really.

Yeah I guess it does kind of depend on how you interpret their phrasing around the word "update" in that blog. They use the phrase "next update" several times in the post always referring to the major one. So it seemed natural when they say "Diretide will come with the next update" to assume they would come together.

On another read it does kind of seem like maybe Diretide will come in an update and then the other thing whenever it's done.

Re: Korok. Failure to communicate like that and brush off commitments could be signs of some not so great mental health.

Hope he has someone looking out for him.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
from the blog post it sounded like the dota 2 update was a few weeks away, I wouldnt expect anything this week tbh

I mean, I understand the value of keeping expectations low, but what exactly about them saying the update is in "final testing" implies to you that it's several weeks away?

from the blog post it sounded like the dota 2 update was a few weeks away, I wouldnt expect anything this week tbh

"We have a huge update in the works that looked like it would be finished in time for Halloween."

I doubt putting Diretide in would push it back a few weeks. If it does though: Don't give Diretide.

Bringing back Diretide (needs fixing etc like I mentioned last week) is going to delay things a little with the big patch so don't be expecting the big update before Diretide has even happened.

Ugh, I figured as much. Frustrating, especially since a lot of people who spammed Give Diretide didn't really mean the mode specifically, just any sort of update.

Arkanius

"First, we’re going to ship Diretide with the next update. The rest of the update we’ve been working on is in final testing, and as each of us finish up our work on it, we’ve been jumping over to Diretide."

I swear I had read "next week"

My bad. Sorry for shaking the nest

F!ReW!Re

The DH DreamLeague with the GD Studio + PFlax casting is the best thing to happen to Dota in the past few months.

Tell me about it, it's like watching dota together with friends on a couch (I don't have real life friends who like dota)

Just 3 minutes ago they had a discussion about coffee.
And in between the fights they smack talk eachother.

Really entertaining.
Not to mention that noob questions from pyrion combined with the stats from bruno and the knowledge from draskyl is just such a great combo.

Nymerio

The DH DreamLeague with the GD Studio + PFlax casting is the best thing to happen to Dota in the past few months.

I love that he asks questions 99% of players themselves wouldn't know the answers to. And Draskyl is great at explaining the how's and why's of what's going on.

Edit: dat freezing field. triple kill maiden oO

Zeth

Agreed. I love it.

Also, I wasn't really expecting an update until December. Though the "final testing" thing got hopes high for something imminent.

I'm fabulous.

OgrSqwy.png

Razzer

Damn real talk.

EDIT: in the meanwhile SamVimes is telling me that he don't complain about me sucking only because i have been playing for much longer than he has lmao.

LOL didn't even realize he was a Gaffer. Sorry dude, flaming is bad despite what G.ZZZ will tell you so I'm gona take that one back... that said, when I played PA with him for the first time he explained why going battlefury isn't always best etc etc so I'm going to blame him for this one.

How's that for real talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom