• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the month!

A NEW SHAPER APPROACHES

THE KING OF MASKS

TTHIqG3.png

The King of Masks is a ranged, magical damage control mage that focuses on crowd control, slipperiness and area denial. The King of Masks performs best in a lane role, denying his opponent’s lane positioning and aggression through clever use of his abilities. The King of Masks uniquely excels at controlling his enemy, particularly in the mid-game; Area denial abilities mixed with situational and exclusive crowd control allows the King to be both versatile and powerful in many situations. In the late game, the King provides an intimidating presence for the enemy team to engage into while easily following up on his allies’ aggression with his game-changing ultimate.

Pure Shaper
King of Masks may cast his abilities freely.

Q - Captivate
King of Masks fires a tentacle in target direction, slowing the first enemy hit by 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% for 3 seconds. A group of 3 Tentacles spawns when a target is hit or the projectile ends. After a brief delay, each Tentacle deals 35/55/75/95/115 (+0.4) magical damage to a nearby enemy, resulting in 105/165/225/285/345 (+1.2) total magical damage if they all strike the same target. Flourish: The tentacle will root the target for 0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds.

Range: 775
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8

W - Flourish
First Cast: King of Masks dashes in target direction, empowering either his next Captivate or Endless Delights with an additional effect for the next 4 seconds. If an enemy Shaper witnesses the empowered cast, King of Masks may recast Flourish to dash again.

Recast: King of Masks dashes forward, but does not gain an empowered cast.

Range: 350
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10

E - Endless Delights
King of Masks lobs a sac packed with eggs to target location, spawning 6 eggs lasting 3 seconds. Enemies who step on an egg take 65/105/145/185/225 (+0.75) magical damage. Eggs deal 35% damage to targets hit multiple times. Flourish: Enemies who step on an egg within 1.5 seconds of being placed release a fever of skates and are feared for 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9 seconds.

Range: 800
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8

R - Finale
King of Masks throws his Cage to target location. The Cage slows all nearby enemies by 40%. After a brief delay, the Cage erupts pulling in all nearby enemies and dealing 150/225/300 (+1.0) magical damage.

Range: 900
Cooldown: 120/105/90

half of these dudes dont even have mana anymore

just get rid of the whole system if youre not going to use it

i like purge's build of phase > drums > maelstrom > deso

I think phase is best on him, though treads wouldn't be awful since he has poor stat growth. BoTs also very good and synergize well with his ult if you can get them early, but they're not something worth rushing over a drum, for example.

Well the way I play him is kill with magic damage until you get enough damage to use sleight effectively.Thus I find it's way more useful to get the stats of a drum (or perhaps a treads, haven't tried that yet), and the regen from the battlefury rings. I did try phase a lot and I like the movement speed for landing chains and escaping, but then you have to leave lane more and can't do jungle camps without paying for it because of his low armor (I do get a poor man's shield though).

Battlefury is a farming item, so once you get that you can get the deso pretty easily, and if you skip lvl 2 and 3 ulti you can have full sleight once those items are finished. And that's enough to kill supports with just that. I basically figure the faster you can rush to that point the better, and bf build up still allows you to be ready to help at early fights.

Finally, maelstrom has an issue, you used to be able to proc with it multiple times, but in Dota 2 it can't proc while another effect is out. That's why Mem recommended it to Purge.

Is there a website that i can monitor steam market priced and alert me or buys the item at the set price i set?

Or someone write me a script to do this?

The actual rat (with BoTs)

Meepo.png

pl, lycan, broodmother, tinker, antimage, LD, morphling

I think any hero with AoE damage and Boots of Travel can be good at rat dota. For example, Lina can clear creep waves in a second, if somebody from the enemy team comes, then Shadow Blade and tp to the lane on the other side of the map, and repeat.

I think the person needs to have natually high mobilty to start though. Anti Mage has blink, Lycan has his ult, NP his Teleport., Tinker his Ult + BoTs

It works particularly well with NP and tinker because they both have ways of teleporting faster than the BoT cd. NP by just having it as a skill with a relatively low cooldown, and tinker can just refresh. PL can start a tidal wave down one lane with manta alone and run to another pretty easily. Lycan can do it because he can push insanely hard and fast and then escape with only his ult and bkb (unless you have a bane or something).

I'm not saying Lina would be bad, just not even close to as good as some of those heroes.

Hmm, I should give Anti-Mage another shot. I never liked him as a hard carry but I probably wasn't playing him right. I love the idea of a carry who can also be a monster split-pusher. Like Phantom Cancer... ehh maybe I'll give him another shot after AM. Micro heroes make my brain hurt. Lycan is easier. I'll definitely give Lycan some more love. I don't like Nature's Prophet as I explained pages ago. I am so-so on Tinker but I think I was also playing him wrong (maxing march first). I'll try his laser/rocket gank build and see how that works out. Morph? Why is he good at rat dota? And Brood of course, but I don't really like her either. I never saw LD as a split-pusher but I guess his bear does take down towers really well. I just figured he was more of a "manfight" carry instead of avoiding the enemy and taking towers.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I know Nature's Profit is the epitome of rat dota, but I hate NP. Who else is a self-sufficient split pusher like that? Tinker is the only one that really comes to mind.

Ember Spirit now must be top tier for split pushing. BoT and remnants make him even better than NP once he has the a maelstrom/battle fury.

Baha

Is there anyway to fix the bug with older items where if you add a socket and a gem, they don't get the Inscribed tag?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there anyway to fix the bug with older items where if you add a socket and a gem, they don't get the Inscribed tag?
Valve will likely fix all the mistagged items in a few weeks. I have the inverse, an item without a gem that I'd still inscribed.

H3xum

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on how to auto spectate the MLG event for the prizes.

I won't be around over the weekend, need to set it up.

shira

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on how to auto spectate the MLG event for the prizes.

I won't be around over the weekend, need to set it up.
buy an mlg ticket for $10
Type:
dota_spectator_auto_spectate_games 65013

Into console commands. Should be ok.

M.D

Even NP is not enough sometimes :(

Played with a friend who was playing CK, but didn't have the best lane.. pretty much all our lanes lost, and they just pushed non-stop and were fed as fuck.
CM had a sheep stick by 25-30 minutes and ended up with BoT as well

I tried to do what I can, I think all their towers were actually up before I started taking them down, but it wasn't enough.. got to tier 3 at one lane, but had to back cause I couldn't even handle the CM with a hex and her ulti

So I ended up with a Couriers Purchased gem from the pentagram Doom sword.

I feel like Valve should make some sort of Dragonclaw-esque item for a support so I can put that and a Wards Placed gem onto it and make hundreds of dollars.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
buy an mlg ticket for $10
Type:
dota_spectator_auto_spectate_games 65013

Into console commands. Should be ok.

Does connecting your Steam account to Twitch and watching the livestreams work for that? I've never bought a tournament ticket before but I think I wanna try it for this one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does connecting your Steam account to Twitch and watching the livestreams work for that? I've never bought a tournament ticket before but I think I wanna try it for this one.
Yeah. The tournament runners have to set it up, but I'm sure mlg will.

Calidor

I've won items by spectating tourneys from the twitchs tream only, so yeah

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I'm surprised this MLG won't be on twitchtv. Hopefully MLG's own video player could handle tens of thousands of viewers

traveler

Not Wario
Why did they schedule Columbus during Mario weekend? Terrible timing. I'm sure everyone will be busy playing the better game and ignoring coverage entirely.

shira

I'm surprised this MLG won't be on twitchtv. Hopefully MLG's own video player could handle tens of thousands of viewers
It's great
You don't even have a good Froakie and I'm not breeding you one. Eat shit.

Who are Sigma.int, by the way? I haven't heard of them much.
Mix of mouz and quantic from ti3. They have like a 70% win rate in 6.79. They drafted and won with sniper tusk so bigtime dark horse

https://twitter.com/sing2x/status/403659763827105793
Singsing missed his flight and interview reveals they haven't scrimmed as a team at all. What a yoke. They prolly going to pluck demon from the crowd

Yeah. The tournament runners have to set it up, but I'm sure mlg will.

I've won items by spectating tourneys from the twitchs tream only, so yeah
Pretty sure it doesn't work with mlg's custom player thing, they said they didn't have time.
It's great

Mix of mouz and quantic from ti3. They have like a 70% win rate in 6.79. They drafted and won with sniper tusk so bigtime dark horse

https://twitter.com/sing2x/status/403659763827105793
Singsing missed his flight and interview reveals they haven't scrimmed as a team at all. What a yoke. They prolly going to pluck demon from the crowd

How is their manager not on the phone yelling at people. You don't just say "hey singsing go ask them to get a next flight or something and be nice" on twitter of all things.

Maybe Sniper and Tusk aren't as bad as people think?

Tusk is the best hero in the game so...

shira

How is their manager not on the phone yelling at people. You don't just say "hey singsing go ask them to get a next flight or something and be nice" on twitter of all things.
The stand-in manager is Charlie aka Monolith aka Dignitas exec, so everything is last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom