• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL Ember Spirit is the ultimate blink canceller. That shit is dumb and crushes heroes that rely on blink initiation. They'd have to be in fog to have a chance at being effective.

Got the Dota 2 Heroclicks things. I expected them to be a bit bigger.

Oh well, as long as this blink dagger sells they are basically a free gift with my $40 Steam Gift Card.

And hey, Valve just gave me a bunch of Chisels, cool.

they detailed enough for me to buy as inaction figures for my desk?

I know support Alchemist was a thing every now and then but people really seem to have latched onto it post no bonus HP on Chemical Rage.

It's odd considering an early Armlet/BKB counteracts that.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
After one game Ember Spirit seems really fun, although I didn't do so hot with him. A bunch of people are saying he isn't that great, but they say the same thing about Tusk and Tusk is one of my favorite heroes, so we'll see if I can make this guy work

I know how you feel.

At least the gems on chest items mean you can get some money back on them so I don't feel that bad about getting 3 Doom swords. And it is pretty sweet looking.

Why can't I sell/buy half of the items in the Chests on the market while the other half is perfectly sellable?

VAAAAALVE

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why can't I sell/buy half of the items in the Chests on the market while the other half is perfectly sellable?

VAAAAALVE

My guess: Valve likely marked them as accepted/created at different dates, and the store is set up to automatically let items be sold that are so old.

For example the Demonic Collar says it was accepted/"Created" back in September, while all the other Diretide items are marked as being accepted late October or Early November. Looking at the dates, I'm guessing Valve has it set to about 1 to 2 months before being marketable now.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
HG1WXF6.png

k i really don't care about terrorblade anymore, TAKE UR TIME VALVE

After one game Ember Spirit seems really fun, although I didn't do so hot with him. A bunch of people are saying he isn't that great, but they say the same thing about Tusk and Tusk is one of my favorite heroes, so we'll see if I can make this guy work

I can see the comparison there, but I think Ember is wayyy better than Tusk in most cases.

ggs tonight everyone

sixghost reppin' the meepo, i dig it yo

I finally had a good ember game too. I'm liking drums, bfury, deso, although I stayed on brown boots. It's enough to fight at that point. Perhaps skipping drums for treads could work for the stats with good switching, though you lose the speed boost.

Kreunt

Banned
I finally had a good ember game too. I'm liking drums, bfury, deso, although I stayed on brown boots. It's enough to fight at that point. Perhaps skipping drums for treads could work for the stats with good switching, though you lose the speed boost.

i like purge's build of phase > drums > maelstrom > deso

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You're now disqualified from the GAF low tier tourney.

Please make arrangements to have yourself replaced.

Nirvana

So the current record holders are at level 127 with sugar rush, the weird thing is, watching the match, they get to 127 and could have easily gone further, but instead get only 3 or 4 of them to attack rosh in order to get his health as low as possible before the game ends, without killing him. They also paused at what seemed like specific points.

Anyone know why?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kage bros would sweep that easy. They end up in LPQ all the time.

I wanna try to buy some items from the steam marketplace with money that I get from selling trading cards. Does someone have an easy way to see what items there are, maybe with prices and maybe by which set they belong and the slot they take. Right now I use the DOTA 2 warehouse to look at a hero and see if there is an item I like that I will then search in the Steam marketplace to see the price and set, but it is far from ideal.

until the end of the event (late November), every item is on the (much easier to use) Dota 2 in-game store.

So for that time you can check everything that exists there (except for a few items that were crate only)

until the end of the event (late November), every item is on the (much easier to use) Dota 2 in-game store.

So for that time you can check everything that exists there (except for a few items that were crate only)

I actually never tried navigating the ingame store, too bad it seems offline right now.

EDIT: Ah, the website version still works.

I think phase is best on him, though treads wouldn't be awful since he has poor stat growth. BoTs also very good and synergize well with his ult if you can get them early, but they're not something worth rushing over a drum, for example.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My budget-ass custom courier idea is still gonna set me back like $50. Maybe more if I decide to put Sheever's signature on it. Kappa

Anteo

I like how as Ember Spirit you can send your copy and jump towards it before the copy lands so your copy and you land one after each other. It really catches up a lot of players by surprise, like they think the copy has to land for it to be a valid target for the jump

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I like how as Ember Spirit you can send your copy and jump towards it before the copy lands so your copy and you land one after each other. It really catches up a lot of players by surprise, like they think the copy has to land for it to be a valid target for the jump

Yeah, discovered this last night. Would have been super fun except we had no real carry and at 40 minutes in their Chaos Knight suddenly started one shot critting our entire team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom