• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stand-in manager is Charlie aka Monolith aka Dignitas exec, so everything is last minute.

I mean there are so many options. One, yes the airline will usually put you on the next flight, so not sure why that's already been thrown out. Two, rent a bloody car and drive. It's like 8 hours. Three, look at bus schedules they usually go through the night. If they miss MLG it's entirely due to their negligence. Getting bumped from a flight sucks and their is not a whole lot you can do (well you could start by checking in online 24 hours a head of time, you'll probably not be first on the bump list then) about it, but it's not the end of the weekend if you really want to make it. They still have plenty of time, practically 24 hours.

oh SHIT

WHAT CHEST THAT PLAYS THE ITEM THEME?
96071_Nintendo_Zelda_TreasureChest-10.jpg
It's in Australia. You didn't look hard enough.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Getting 235% BP every match is SO good. I wish I had got this MLG bundle sooner!

Still think Tree needs a more extensive rework. Completely redo or replace at least 2 skills. Even when the hero living armor was imba, it still wasn't fun to play, at least for me. I don't even care if his base damage goes down or what have you if he gets some cool stuff to do. Leech Seed is boring with an underwhelming spell effect, Nature's Guise can be silly, but overall doesn't end up being that useful most of the time, and I'm still not a fan of Overgrowth - even if it does pierce BKB (if already activated).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pub usage down, comp win rate goes up..

Icefraud plz, share the secrets of your black magic balancing.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Still think Tree needs a more extensive rework. Completely redo or replace at least 2 skills. Even when the hero living armor was imba, it still wasn't fun to play, at least for me. I don't even care if his base damage goes down or what have you if he gets some cool stuff to do. Leech Seed is boring with an underwhelming spell effect, Nature's Guise can be silly, but overall doesn't end up being that useful most of the time, and I'm still not a fan of Overgrowth - even if it does pierce BKB (if already activated).

They definitely need to change something about him. Something like the ability to walk through trees - I was sad to see overgrowth lose it's damage.

I still miss those eye in the trees that he use to have. I think his living armour use to be a global aura that was like 5hp regen (towers included)

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroes/view/123

I'd be down for reworking Treant into Deadwood. Not like Nature's Guise is useful.

It's been a while since I last played HoN but I do remember being able to unroot trees.

I personally didn't like Deadwood too much. I still believe that Treant can be reworked into a reasonable heavy-support class if they just changed leech seed and did something unique to overgrowth.

Nature's Guise would be nice if it had tree-walking abilities and even more movement speed.

shira

I mean there are so many options. One, yes the airline will usually put you on the next flight, so not sure why that's already been thrown out. Two, rent a bloody car and drive. It's like 8 hours. Three, look at bus schedules they usually go through the night. If they miss MLG it's entirely due to their negligence. Getting bumped from a flight sucks and their is not a whole lot you can do (well you could start by checking in online 24 hours a head of time, you'll probably not be first on the bump list then) about it, but it's not the end of the weekend if you really want to make it. They still have plenty of time, practically 24 hours.

I would have preferred if Singsing played teh celebrity card.

Do you know who the fuck I am?
Say my name. . . Say my name

Seems like he's taking 3-4 detour flights for red-eye service. ETA 5-7AM
http://twitter.com/Sing2X/statuses/403669853942599680

Artanisix

It's been a while since I last played HoN but I do remember being able to unroot trees.

I personally didn't like Deadwood too much. I still believe that Treant can be reworked into a reasonable heavy-support class if they just changed leech seed and did something unique to overgrowth.

Nature's Guise would be nice if it had tree-walking abilities and even more movement speed.

Leech Seed is his best spell by far now, I would change his other spells if you truly felt he needed to be remade.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
Leech Seed is his best spell by far now, I would change his other spells if you truly felt he needed to be remade.

I didn't say it wasn't an amazing spell. Living armour gains priority over it and Leech Seed costs too much for Treant's mana pool (unless you have a soul ring or mana boots).

The range on Leech seed is a bit too short - most people won't even putting a point into Nature's guise until level 8+, so you can't really gank with it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Valve's 1 month probationary period between when you make a purchase and can use the community marketplace can eat my shorts. I wanna buy a Hollow Jack recipe but won't be able to until mid December, by which point the chests will have stopped dropping and I reckon the price will go up. :(

shira

Valve's 1 month probationary period between when you make a purchase and can use the community marketplace can eat my shorts. I wanna buy a Hollow Jack recipe but won't be able to until mid December, by which point the chests will have stopped dropping and I reckon the price will go up. :(

What? Just buy keys off a key seller

Or buy one directly
dota2lounge.com.
/r/dota2trade
dota2traders.com

Artanisix

I didn't say it wasn't an amazing spell. Living armour gains priority over it and Leech Seed costs too much for Treant's mana pool (unless you have a soul ring or mana boots).

The range on Leech seed is a bit too short - most people won't even putting a point into Nature's guise until level 8+, so you can't really gank with it.

Disagree, I would max leech seed over living armor in 6.79. The range is plenty fine for how much it gives you and the low cooldown. Treant isn't a ganker and I would be annoyed if they transformed him into one, he's very much a utility-aggressor / deathball hero. Although I'm probably one of the few people who actually enjoy the hero and touted how sexy he was before #teamfunnik brought him into popular play.

Razzer

Disagree, I would max leech seed over living armor in 6.79. The range is plenty fine for how much it gives you and the low cooldown. Treant isn't a ganker and I would be annoyed if they transformed him into one, he's very much a utility-aggressor / deathball hero. Although I'm probably one of the few people who actually enjoy the hero and touted how sexy he was before #teamfunnik brought him into popular play.

I thought it was Goblak who played him first in the pro scene? And having seen you play tree in inhouses I agree that semi-roaming strat is pretty cool.

LiQuid!

What? Just buy keys off a key seller

Or buy one directly
dota2lounge.com.
/r/dota2trade
dota2traders.com
I don't have anything I can even trade for one. All the stuff I have gotten out of chests since I gave Valve money last week is unable to even be traded away until a 2 week deadline has passed. So if I buy keys off the Dota store I can't even use them in a peer to peer trading transaction. I have a backpack page full of duplicate loot I've pulled from chests in the last week that I'd glady trade away for a recipe but I can't do anything with it.

Unless you mean doing a private, real money transaction with a seller with like paypal or something. That's not an option for me either. I just have to wait it out for a month and hope there's still a cheap recipe on the marketplace that uses the Ogre club or Maapo backpack as its component.

shira

Ur questioning the what #8 treeant player in the world?

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member

Treant's role is dependent on the draft of his team. Personally, I believe that Treant has the ability to gank but will usually lack the levels to do so.

Leech Seed maxed out first is nice and all if your team does not benefit from Global protection of Living Armour, go ahead. Most players will not let you get 350-range to cast it. You definitely need mana to be able to spam it every ~12 seconds.

It's almost as if he thinks there is more than one way to play a hero.

I don't know ... if only I had a bit more AP and more gold per second guys. Maybe some masteries to help out with all those mana problems.

LiQuid!

I honestly have no clue how to fight Roshan today. Every time I've tried it has been a shit show. They keep changing the way abilities and items work on him. One day it's hex, one day it's stuns. Yesterday I was getting him to level 20 with the scrubbiest teams and today I can't get him over level 5.

Artanisix

Treant's role is dependent on the draft of his team. Personally, I believe that Treant has the ability to gank but will usually lack the levels to do so.

Leech Seed maxed out first is nice and all if your team does not benefit from Global protection of Living Armour, go ahead. Most players will not let you get 350-range to cast it. You definitely need mana to be able to spam it every ~12 seconds.

I don't know ... if only I had a bit more AP and more gold per second guys. Maybe some masteries to help out with all those mana problems.

I think you're severely underestimating the power of Leech Seed, especially when coupled with an orb of venom. And I think you're wildly exaggerating on the range "issue" for the laning phase, too. He has average movement speed and decent casting animation, it really isn't hard to get close enough to someone to cast it, especially if you're offlaning him (which I think you definitely should with the new offlane changes).

Most teams are doing just fine without a living armor shielding them in lanes, they'll continue to do just fine with a living armor maxed second.

And I don't have mana issues with him. Just need to manage it for your lane until you get a soul ring or arc boot.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
I think you're severely underestimating the power of Leech Seed, especially when coupled with an orb of venom. And I think you're wildly exaggerating on the range "issue" for the laning phase, too. He has average movement speed and decent casting animation, it really isn't hard to get close enough to someone to cast it, especially if you're offlaning him (which I think you definitely should with the new offlane changes).

Most teams are doing just fine without a living armor shielding them in lanes, they'll continue to do just fine with a living armor maxed second.

And I don't have mana issues with him. Just need to manage it for your lane until you get a soul ring or arc boot.

Offlaning is different though, having that level advantage and the ability to soak up some of the gold. You rarely get the chance, I don't think I have seen treant in off-lane in the competitive scene.

I personally have only played him once or twice in the off-lane and it is nice being able to max out your skills and people not being able to kill you easily. His strength gain is ridiculous when you get to soak all that XP by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom