• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

Put 2 and 2 together bro. This game is trash.

BkiQGC0.png

kvk1

Demuslim pls

It's almost been a week of this. Several people reached out to him, and the team, about quick solutions regarding his Skype, IP, etc. He hasn't done anything apparent to fix the issue. I don't understand what his thought process is right now.

let's stop using skype eg

2 hard

It's almost been a week of this. Several people reached out to him, and the team, about quick solutions regarding his Skype, IP, etc. He hasn't done anything apparent to fix the issue. I don't understand what his thought process is right now.

I bet it's something really really dumb too. Like "oh my internet gf cant use any other program because reasons".

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I know Nature's Profit is the epitome of rat dota, but I hate NP. Who else is a self-sufficient split pusher like that? Tinker is the only one that really comes to mind.

pl, lycan, broodmother, tinker, antimage, LD, morphling

I think any hero with AoE damage and Boots of Travel can be good at rat dota. For example, Lina can clear creep waves in a second, if somebody from the enemy team comes, then Shadow Blade and tp to the lane on the other side of the map, and repeat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the person needs to have natually high mobilty to start though. Anti Mage has blink, Lycan has his ult, NP his Teleport., Tinker his Ult + BoTs

I think any hero with AoE damage and Boots of travel can be good at rat dota. For example, Lina can clear creep waves in a second, if somebody from the enemy team comes, then Shadow Blade and to the lane on the other side of the map, and repeat.

It works particularly well with NP and tinker because they both have ways of teleporting faster than the BoT cd. NP by just having it as a skill with a relatively low cooldown, and tinker can just refresh. PL can start a tidal wave down one lane with manta alone and run to another pretty easily. Lycan can do it because he can push insanely hard and fast and then escape with only his ult and bkb (unless you have a bane or something).

I'm not saying Lina would be bad, just not even close to as good as some of those heroes.

fiore

Banned
I think the person needs to have natually high mobilty to start though. Anti Mage has blink, Lycan has his ult, NP his Teleport., Tinker his Ult + BoTs

Unless they have BoT, usually realizing that no enemies are in the other lanes is good enough for backing out.

sephi22

Bought the following sets:

Axe: Red Mist Reaper
Morphling: Ancient Armor
Medusa: Forsaken Beauty
Slark: Deep Warden's Haul
Ogre Magi: Ancestral Luck
Nyx: Sacred Orb
Invoker: Mnemonus Arcanus
Riki: Bladebiter
Kunkka: Armaments of the Leviathan
Skeleton King: Regalia of the Bonelord
Clinkz: Lost Hills
Lion: Hell's Ambassador
Bloodseeker: Gallow's Understudy
Juggernaut: Gwinyeon warrior
Spectre: Malicious Efflorescence

Total Dota 2 store price: $154.5
Total community marketplace price: $30
I paid: $2

Gamed dota2lounge/marketplace. Bought inscribed Pudge hooks/rope with Enemies hooked/Unusual Enemies hooked/Hook kills for 2-6 keys from D2L depending on the type of hook. Separated the inscribed gem and the item, then sold them at the marketplace, rinse repeat. Started with paying for 2 keys. Ended up 28$ richer.

shira

Gamed dota2lounge/marketplace. Bought inscribed Pudge hooks/rope with Enemies hooked/Unusual Enemies hooked/Hook kills for 2-6 keys from D2L depending on the type of hook. Separated the inscribed gem and the item, then sold them at the marketplace, rinse repeat. Started with paying for 2 keys. Ended up 28$ richer.

Jokes on you Valve profits on 3 different fronts.

fiore

Banned

Someone already won the mid tier gaf tournament

Dmax3901

Can I hire you?

You haven't said how many hours this took. Could you have made out better flipping burgers?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got the Dota 2 Heroclicks things. I expected them to be a bit bigger.

Oh well, as long as this blink dagger sells they are basically a free gift with my $40 Steam Gift Card.

And hey, Valve just gave me a bunch of Chisels, cool.

Calidor

6 or so hours while browsing gaf/twitch.
As for the latter, yes, probably. But I'm not eligible for flipping burgers. International student on university visa and what not

not to be an ass, but 6 hours? that's really time consuming. I'd rather pay $28

sephi22

not to be an ass, but 6 hours? that's really time consuming. I'd rather pay $28
I've spent like $400 on sets/TI3 merch on impulse. So $28 isn't too much for me either. I didn't spend 6 hours glued to the market. 6 hours is how long it took from the point that I started doing till the last gem was sold on the market. It was more of offering keys on D2L and waiting for steam invites, then just putting stuff on the market. The actual time I spent on the market/d2l would have been around 60-90 minutes. It stretched to 6 hrs because guys take time to reply to trade offers or friends request, and of course stuff you put on the marketplace doesn't just sell instantly. Its a fun little distraction if you want to get free keys for whatever reason.

Its neat that i can do that while just fucking around on GAF/twitch.

Nirvana

What's up with all of these early Vlads on AM these days? Do they need him to do something quickly?

Likely because you can't get tranquils on carries anymore, so they build a Basillius instead for the regen and then turn that into a vlads for more regen/lifesteal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom