• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hung_real

koR9zEO.png

TI4 will be amazing

shira

In reality we should do it like February.

I'm joking, I know how hard these things are to schedule across several dozen odd people on the internet, bravo high tier GAF. You guys really spend a tonne of your free-time building up dota-gaf!

Shinypogs

Well those weren't the winners I wanted but god damn do they deserve it. This finals really was refreshing ( and filled with refresher orbs Jesus christ). I mean I'd never wanna see Alliance or Na'Vi fall off the radar but seeing other teams win and with their own unique playstyles is great.

I really loved the team chat segments, it was neat getting a sense of how teams communicated ( lol the constant telling Xboct to get back ) and coordinated, reacting on the fly and whatnot.

I think I'm having the same problem I had in sc2. There's both too many teams I like and too many individual players I like even if I don't care about their teams. It's hard to decide who to cheer for half the time or I'm cheering for one team to win but a specific player on the opposite team to do well and it feels awkward.

I think I'm having the same problem I had in sc2. There's both too many teams I like and too many individual players I like even if I don't care about their teams. It's hard to decide who to cheer for half the time or I'm cheering for one team to win but a specific player on the opposite team to do well and it feels awkward.
Play the majorities. If you like both teams flip a coin.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Well those weren't the winners I wanted but god damn do they deserve it. This finals really was refreshing ( and filled with refresher orbs Jesus christ). I mean I'd never wanna see Alliance or Na'Vi fall off the radar but seeing other teams win and with their own unique playstyles is great.

I really loved the team chat segments, it was neat getting a sense of how teams communicated ( lol the constant telling Xboct to get back ) and coordinated, reacting on the fly and whatnot.

I usually just pick the underdogs or the team who has the most interesting draft. Picking uncommon heroes is the easiest way to my heart.

Sliver

Picking a specific team/player to root for constantly is much more rewarding. Being a Kaipi/Arteezy fanboy has made this tournament pretty god damn amazing, especially after their shitty first day.

Maddrical

So happy for Speed Gaming, unlucky for DK. These two are going to be up there at TI4 that's for sure. Great games! That aegis steal in game 3 had me jumping out of my chair.

KLonso

Liquid upsetting LGD.cn was a lot bigger. That was basically "happy to be there" beating one of the top teams in the world.

Ehhh. Everyone knew before the tourney that Liquid was definitely North America's best contender. Lots of the players themselves had recognized that Liquid was a strong team. But if you look at the player's predictions before MLG, not one player mentioned Speed, (including EE).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dire does have tend to have the late game advantage, and DK do lean towards the late game, so I am not too shocked.

Dire does have tend to have the late game advantage, and DK do lean towards the late game, so I am not too shocked.

They also have a significant Roshan advantage, which is probably even more important in 6.79.

That being said, I don't really get why Na'Vi always want to be on the Radiant side.

shira

IDK when CBSmatt is going to have the Arteezy and Sing post-MLG interviews up, but the EE-one is pretty good - also another view at how gigantic the WETA demonedge is (only seems to work on Internet Explorer for me)
edit: they're up - singsing interview is *fucking great jesus christ*
http://www.ongamers.com/

Hotbid - always great
http://www.youtube.com/user/teamliquidnet/videos

@whatiship - kinda casual interviews for gosugamers
http://www.youtube.com/user/gosugamersnet/videos

dendi has a pure heart

Hooker with a heart of gold
BZ4_YfrCIAAJc_8.jpg

They also have a significant Roshan advantage, which is probably even more important in 6.79.

That being said, I don't really get why Na'Vi always want to be on the Radiant side.

People keep talking about how radiant offlane is so much better than dire.

dammnit

bought an Enemies Silenced Gem on the market for my Silencer hat

it was for Drow ;_;

The market REALLY needs to tell you what hero a gem is for

Bro, I know those feels.

Whatever, I'm fine with holding on to my socketed silencer shit till gems for him pop up.

dammnit

bought an Enemies Silenced Gem on the market for my Silencer hat

it was for Drow ;_;

The market REALLY needs to tell you what hero a gem is for

Shinypogs

Picking a specific team/player to root for constantly is much more rewarding. Being a Kaipi/Arteezy fanboy has made this tournament pretty god damn amazing, especially after their shitty first day.

I understand what you mean, being a long time fan of Bomber makes every incredible run he makes or win he achieves that much more enjoyable, especially with his perpetually cursed status.

At the same time I just find it impossible to say "I will like you and only you." Consigning myself to merely being impressed by others on occasion. There are simply too many charismatic, skillful and entertaining people in both games I follow for me to have one true allegiance.

I.E
When Alliance faces DK and I want Alliance to win, but I really want Iceiceice to perform well, unless he's attacking EGM who is my fav player.

Or

Whenever Bulba plays clockwerk I usually want Liquid to win even though I'm not particularly interested in the team as a whole.

I have a lot of preferences or favorites but there's often exceptions to each rule because some player or team has a piece of my fangirl heart for some reason or another. So in that particular instance my usual desire for a certain outcome is reversed or has a lot of caveats.

I have no idea wtf it is about e-sports that makes it so hard. I have favorite figure skaters and equestrian performers I've stuck with above all others for years ( and generations in cases of certain racing bloodlines). I'm just not very good at being decisive in this case.

shira

32199.jpg

Hail to the victors Aui, Sing, Iceiceice, RTZ, pieliedie, EEsama

damn that tshirt is $80
http://r.ebay.com/gTsrVg
I understand what you mean, being a long time fan of Bomber makes every incredible run he makes or win he achieves that much more enjoyable, especially with his perpetually cursed status.

At the same time I just find it impossible to say "I will like you and only you." Consigning myself to merely being impressed by others on occasion. There are simply too many charismatic, skillful and entertaining people in both games I follow for me to have one true allegiance.

I.E
When Alliance faces DK and I want Alliance to win, but I really want Iceiceice to perform well, unless he's attacking EGM who is my fav player.

Or

Whenever Bulba plays clockwerk I usually want Liquid to win even though I'm not particularly interested in the team as a whole.

I have a lot of preferences or favorites but there's often exceptions to each rule because some player or team has a piece of my fangirl heart for some reason or another. So in that particular instance my usual desire for a certain outcome is reversed or has a lot of caveats.

I have no idea wtf it is about e-sports that makes it so hard. I have favorite figure skaters and equestrian performers I've stuck with above all others for years ( and generations in cases of certain racing bloodlines). I'm just not very good at being decisive in this case.

Speed games are usually interesting but moreso with the AA games and the extra mirana games

ElyrionX

I haven't watched the finals but I notice that Clinkz is picked more regularly in 6.79 tham before. Can someone please explain why? Is he played as a number one hard carry in a team?

kasane

I haven't watched the finals but I notice that Clinkz is picked more regularly in 6.79 tham before. Can someone please explain why? Is he played as a number one hard carry in a team?
Searing arrows goes through bkb. He can also pick off supports easily

G.ZZZ

radiant jungle is better

Not only that, rotating from offlane radiant to mid is so much faster i think, and it's easier to gank that mid. Radiant mid is so much more safe and close to the tower even if you're on the river, and if he get some fast boots it's pretty hard to gank there unless you have some serious burst.

And yeah triple pulls are amazing but it's more that you can actually farm the big camp as a radiant offlane pulling your wave while in dire offlane you really have to be aggressive i think.

Clinkz is good because it's an extremely strong laner that can splitpush and get insane DPS, sorta like a Prophet but with more DPS and less global presence (but 503 ms on 20 cd pretty good for mobility too). One of his biggest weaknesses was being useless in face of a bkb, but now searing arrows pierce it so zzzz

Hylian7

I really prefer radiant mid on some heroes, Tinker being one of them. You have extremely easy access to stack ancients on the side as well as lane. You get the best of both worlds and can come up with a 8-9 minutes bottle, Soul Ring, and BoTs.

Nymerio

So, yesterday I found out that Sunday afternoon is not the time to play Dota 2 on EU West servers. Horribly experience all around.

Question: Is it possible to bind CTRL + Space? I can't seem to do it from inside the game, but maybe it's possible with some conf magic...

Xizk

I have 2 Inscribed Hook of the Sorrowful Prey(Both with Dismember kills and empty socket). Looking for diretide keys if anyone is interested.

shira

That place was pretty nuts to be at and probably one of the best events I've ever been to. I really want to go to TI4 now.
Did they really boo DK and burning? Crowd seemed proDK, seems bad for mlg if they want him back for Anaheim. Bizzare that they were heckling Loda too.

Wh-Who is she
The Lina Cosplayer is 최슬기 of spiralcats, she's not as famouass Tasha, but yeah she's cute too
NSFWish links
http://www.cutekorean.net/2013/11/g-star-2013-choi-seul-ki.html
http://picpost.mthai.com/view/61366
https://www.facebook.com/Spcats.Official.Page

LOL just opened my first gem cache chest and it gives me Incribed Meat Hook Kills and Flesh Heap Total, both Mythical. Can probably resell those for a pretty penny since I'm sure people would want them on their Dragonclaws or whatever other Pudge item.

Edit: Yep that's one key turned into 3-3.5 or so worth of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom