• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

kzAq0R8.jpg

Is this true? If true, does that mean that market prices are inflated at the moment cause of the diretide?

cause then, if thats the case then I just may wait things out before hopping onto the community market

JambiBum

Did they really boo DK and burning? Crowd seemed proDK, seems bad for mlg if they want him back for Anaheim. Bizzare that they were heckling Loda too.

There was a lot of the crowd that was pro DK. I'd say at least 60%. There was probably like two people who were heckling Loda. They just sat near the front so that they could be noticed. There were some signs that trolled alliance but really that was about it.

shira

There was a lot of the crowd that was pro DK. I'd say at least 60%. There was probably like two people who were heckling Loda. They just sat near the front so that they could be noticed. There were some signs that trolled alliance but really that was about it.
Ahh good to hear it was a positive experience minus a few dumbasses. I guess Burdening was trying to spin the loss

Is this true? If true, does that mean that market prices are inflated at the moment cause of the diretide?

cause then, if thats the case then I just may wait things out before hopping onto the community market

Depends what you want. Certain things jumped and dove.
IE pink colored couriers dropped big time
scythe of vyse dropped big time
ethereal flame shit couriers jumped big time
owlion dropped heavily as sellers unloaded them

generic items and sets are all pretty cheap now though

luckbox $50, shadowblade $50, hook $160

manfestival

Ahh good to hear it was a positive experience minus a few dumbasses. I guess Burdening was trying to spin the loss

Depends what you want. Certain things jumped and dove.
IE pink colored couriers dropped big time
scythe of vyse dropped big time
ethereal flame shit couriers jumped big time
owlion dropped heavily as sellers unloaded them

generic items and sets are all pretty cheap now though

luckbox $50, shadowblade $50, hook $160
honestly there are two things I actually want and they are both couriers. I want blotto and stick as well as moroks mechanical mediary. Other things I want but they are neither here nor there and wouldnt mind bartering some more to get them on the cheap

I dont even know if I have anything of value. Here is my profile
http://steamcommunity.com/id/beamspammer/inventory/#570

shira

honestly there are two things I actually want and they are both couriers. I want blotto and stick as well as moroks mechanical mediary. Other things I want but they are neither here nor there and wouldnt mind bartering some more to get them on the cheap

I dont even know if I have anything of value. Here is my profile
http://steamcommunity.com/id/beamspammer/inventory/#570

If you just want the plain versions they are so cheap on the market

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Blotto and Stick $3.50
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Morok's Mechanical Mediary $1.22

It's the fancy ones that are stupid expensive

I guess it's just me but I prefer the layout of the creep camp on Direside more. On radiant you have access to those 3 close camps next to bot lane, but overall its far easier to farm a cycle of the whole jungle on dire side. If I'm playing a farm heavy hard carry I always prefer dire.

Besides the benefits already stated by others, radiant jungle is also a little bit safer so maybe thats why some teams refer it. You can be sure that if any spot is warded it's going to be Rosh pit which means the other team has to smoke up if they want to get into radiant jungle.

KingKong

Genius idea to make Valve money: create a catalogue option in the inventory where you could flip through pages for heroes/wards/couriers and see all the items and item sets available, with the items you own in color and the other ones greyed out with links to the store/marketplace to buy them

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Honestly I have no idea what the point of Polymorph recipes are or who would use one. Seems like a massive waste to turn 3 or 4 items into 1 of the same rarity.

Ultrabum

Honestly I have no idea what the point of Polymorph recipes are or who would use one. Seems like a massive waste to turn 3 or 4 items into 1 of the same rarity.

I have 4 of the same pl spear. Now I can get rid of 3 and get a new item!!!

Also, I have 8 Sven swords, but one of them is super cool, so I've been crafting away the other 7.

My HeroClix (and most importantly, my Tide Blink Dagger) are waiting for me when I get home from work in 4 hours :D

Can't wait to have Tide and Lich on my desk while the rest sit on some shelf!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

As mentioned, dupes, but also I imagine their hope is that it will get some of the zillions of nearly useless axe/morph/omni/wd rares out of circulation. They're basically just being passed around as wagers now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I hope there is eventually a way to disable to loot/trade notification for every. damned. item. you get added to your inventory. SOOOO annoying.

Tobi had such a head start a few years ago.

Then the site redesign never came and he got lapped hard by GD Studio and BTS in terms of quality and presentation.

shira

I think he just charged to much, plus tobi only casts like 25% of all Starladder games and gives most of them the cold shoulder.

BTS is moving so I doubt they will be casting most of the games anyways. Most likely sheever and stand-ins

Tobi had such a head start a few years ago.

Then the site redesign never came and he got lapped hard by GD Studio and BTS in terms of quality and presentation.

He's got his foot in Korea. Thats an untapped market if they get gud
And they love him over at Volvo re:TI2

Wok

Valve is building a metacritic-system:
http://store.steampowered.com/reviews/

Q. Do these written reviews create an overall score or rating for a product?

A. Not yet, but we are looking to add that during the beta. Many products on Steam change significantly over time as the game or software is updated and new content is added. In order to form a score that accurately reflects the current state of a product, we first need to gather and evaluate the data from reviews.

A side-effect of the "give diretide" downvoting on metacritic?

Zeth

Steam has apparently cut me off from adding additional wallet funds for marketplace purchases. My spending pattern might be flagging me as "marketplace daytrader". Might be for my own good.

The dialog I get says I need to contact support to resolve it. Put in a ticket yesterday, guess those take a while. My credit card seems to be cool though, confirmed my ridiculous transactions with them. Using a different payment method doesn't help, appears to be account-based.

shira

Can anyone give me a link to the VODs of the mid-tier GAF tournament? I missed all of it. :(

home site

http://www.twitch.tv/procarbine/profile/pastBroadcasts
http://www.twitch.tv/kapura/profile/pastBroadcasts
http://www.twitch.tv/jwongismyhero/profile/pastBroadcasts
http://www.twitch.tv/eternalenvyy/profile/pastBroadcasts

What's up with her face?? Something seems... off. Like she's made of plastic or something. Is that one of those Asian sex dolls? If so then holy shit those are getting pretty lifelike.

She's korean; she's had extensive plastic surgery.
I'm almost 100% positive the boobs are fake
If you mean the shiny quality - she probably spends a lot of these between poses, lamps are hot
230320103270+copy.jpg

remist

I was thinking about trying out DOTA, but I've never played a MOBA. I've done the tutorial stuff, read/watched a few guides linked in the OP and played a few games against bots. should I just jump into finding a match, or am I going to be put in with players who know what they're doing? Also do you have to learn a bunch of heroes or can you just stick with one or two. Any other advice for a new player would be welcome. Thanks.

shira

they're pushed up, not fake.

and yea, she could have used some power on the face so she wouldn't appear so glossy.

They do things a little differently in Korea

I was thinking about trying out DOTA, but I've never played a MOBA. I've done the tutorial stuff, read/watched a few guides linked in the OP and played a few games against bots. should I just jump into finding a match, or am I going to be put in with players who know what they're doing? Also do you have to learn a bunch of heroes or can you just stick with one or two. Any other advice for a new player would be welcome. Thanks.

Depends how much of a masochist you are. If you want to win/enjoy dota I would read the OP ASAP, [edit]oh good!
then find 4 other people to play with.

Kard8p3

Obviously read OP is a given.

Start with easy heroes, Lich, Tide, Venomancer, Bounty Hunter, Jakiro, Sven, Meepo(TBH I do consider this guy an easy hero).

Once you put a LOT of time into the game then should try to master someone like Puck, Nature's Prophet, Night Stalker, Lone Druid.

Don't learn Chen for a while lol.

Make sure to use the recommended builds when starting out, to get to those click on the book in the upper left hand corner, then the arrow, just find whatever one is highest rated, should be OK to use, unless it is AriStar(or are these decent? I just tend to stay away) or DMX(this one is legit bad).

Definitely make friends fast, this is the best way to improve your game.

Don't be afraid to ask, better to ask and get an answer then to be too shy to ask and get flamed for being a newb.

Prepare to put a LOT of time into DOTA. I've got 1116 hours and I'm still trash.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

edit: Oh yeah, don't go battlefury on Bounty Hunter pls.

QCKjq0y.gif

time 4 dota

LiQuid!

Just jump in dude. Worst that can happen is you lose and people yell at you. Just starting out you're going to get paired up with noobs too though, so they probably won't yell too much.

Make sure to use the recommended builds when starting out, to get to those click on the book in the upper left hand corner, then the arrow, just find whatever one is highest rated, should be OK to use, unless it is AriStar(or are these decent? I just tend to stay away) or DMX(this one is legit bad).

Here is something about the guide system in the game (coming from someone who had never played a moba before and is still learning a lot about the game):

It doesn't teach you shit. When I first started playing last year I was looking up builds on playdota and learning about the characters and why go a certain skill/item build might suit different situations. Now it's just "oh thats what the highest rated one says so I do it".

Don't get me wrong, it works really well for when you are trying to just learn the mechanics but when you really want to learn how a character works it doesn't help with that at all. RIght now I am trying to get myself to stop using the guides because I feel they are hurting me overall.

Dec

I think he just charged to much, plus tobi only casts like 25% of all Starladder games and gives most of them the cold shoulder.

I'm one of the few that actually likes Tobi's casting I guess but this is true. When I had a Starladder ticket it was like 80% Sheever and 20% Tobi casted games.

Tobi was good but now I find him a bit grating.

LD and Merlini are my favorite combo followed by lumi. Wish James casted more for his humor. Godz isn't my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom