• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Luna was so good, now she is a complete trash after the tranquils nerf. Either you lane with a healer babysitting you or you cant lane at all.

Yeah, I agree. She gets outlaned by fucking everyone. Thank god it's somewhat easy to comeback with her due to her insane farm speed. Get a HotD, remote stack ancients while you farm somewhere else and kill the triple stack ancients later.
I also always go Midas on her.

Hylian7

Pudge is easily the most common hero I have turned around grim-looking games with.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/410028493

In this one, TommyT on ET was against a really tough lane, and Drow had lots of farm and kills by 10 minutes. I did my job, Jugg got farm, we turned it around.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/411365215

In this one, (solo queue), my team was saying that we had too many carries and we were pretty much screwed. I told my team right off the bat that either Alch or SK should support. Alch chose to support and did it well. However I constantly ganked and kept pressure on the lanes for AM to farm. I picked up many kills myself and got my team kills as well. About half of my deaths were suicides (things like Clockwerks will make that happen). AM got farmed, and then they couldn't stop one of the best pickoff heroes with a Blink Dagger and a carry with a built-in blink who has finished farming.

It's my most played hero, and for good reason.

Nymerio

Someone should make a courier based on Luggage from the Discworld.

TE8iRUFl.jpg

M.D

WTF is this...

I was doing solo que for a few days, been getting nice teams for the most part (won like 99% of the matches), but after I played 2 games with a friend yesterday, I've been getting all russians all the time (lost all games) :|

shira

WTF is this...

I was doing solo que for a few days, been getting nice teams for the most part (won like 99% of the matches), but after I played 2 games with a friend yesterday, I've been getting all russians all the time (lost all games) :|
You won 99% matches? Your skill rating must be over 9000

people keep saying neolitic courier looks like the n64 and boy do people not remember what n64 games looked like

id have loved to have something that looked like that back then

M.D

You won 99% matches? Your skill rating must be over 9000

lol

I don't know the exact number, but my horrible win rate went for about 46 to 47.21 before I started losing again :( I think most solo que matches were won!
Somehow I got matched with teams that didn't pick all carry and when someone picked support he actually supported, it was such a pleasant experience :(

Edit: Looking at Dotabuff, had 11 wins and 4 losses in solo que
So yeah, not 99% but it felt like a lot of wins while it lasted ;x

Wok

If someone has access to a bunch of data and would be able to share it as a big csv file, I would be willing to try a few things to infer a better dota rating. So far, the biggest burden consists in downloading the data: with Steam API, I can download 100 000 matches per 24 hours, and I would like to have access to all the matches played for the last 3 days, which would require a month to download. So unless the data is made public somehow by dotabuff or mydotarating, the idea is going to void.

KingKong

I think he's saying that he's overly easy for how good he is. He ain't saying Viper's bad.

yeah, you have an orb and an ult that with aghs is on a 12 sec cooldown so you can spend it on anyone and have it for the team fight or use it twice in a teamfight or chase anyone since its such a huge range, and its so easy to get kills in any lane that you have your phase/drums/aghs or treads/shadowblade in no time and then the game might as well be over

maybe they could make his ult point target instead of hero target or have the damage/effect decrease with range so you cant just initiate at 900 and there's a tradeoff for getting in close since you could be stunned/locked down

Oh wow, someone apparently sold a Shagbark for $0.02 cents at the beginning of the month on the market.

Lucky sod whoever managed to pounce on that as it went up.

Swig_

Has anyone been playing Dota2 on a Surface Pro 2? I'm tempted to get one for school/art, but I'd like a machine that can play some games, especially if I need to travel for work.

I'm just concerned about the performance as well as the screen real estate. The screen seems quite small to get a good experience playing the game, but I could be wrong.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Coz you can make $100,000 a year just from a few contributions a year?

Which creators are making this much?

Anuxi? She's definitely the most prolific and popular single cosmetic creator.

Anuxi you rolling that dosh?

Artanisix

yeah, you have an orb and an ult that with aghs is on a 12 sec cooldown so you can spend it on anyone and have it for the team fight or use it twice in a teamfight or chase anyone since its such a huge range, and its so easy to get kills in any lane that you have your phase/drums/aghs or treads/shadowblade in no time and then the game might AD well be over

maybe they could make his ult point target instead of hero target or have the damage/effect decrease with range so you cant just initiate at 900 and there's a tradeoff for getting in close since you could be stunned/locked down

Not much sense in making a hero pointlessly complex or difficult, man. It's not like Viper is the bastion of imba either. A lot of heroes are mechanically simple.

So I've been playing a lot of support this week and I've gotten to the point where I can't stand other people playing the role. Why are you last hitting? Why overlapping wards? No you won't pull? Fuuuuuu, takes all the fun away from playing a carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom