• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Played three games last night as early game gankers and did really well. Team dropped the ball late game all three times. Bleh

So I've been playing a lot of support this week and I've gotten to the point where I can't stand other people playing the role. Why are you last hitting? Why overlapping wards? No you won't pull? Fuuuuuu, takes all the fun away from playing a carry
If you just let that dazzle build a soul ring he can help you so much more!

Wok

Apparently, one can craft genuine items, but these fake genuine items cannot be inscribed without losing the genuine tag. Some recipes have seen a huge price increase.

Apparently, one can craft genuine items, but these fake genuine items cannot be inscribed without losing the genuine tag. Some recipes have seen a huge price increase.

So if I have a Genuine, should I stick a gem into it (I have a Gold Earned gem I could stick into my Dragon Sword) in order to "prove" that it's the real deal?

Wok

So if I have a Genuine, should I stick a gem into it (I have a Gold Earned gem I could stick into my Dragon Sword) in order to "prove" that it's the real deal?

When the bug will be fixed, you won't have to prove anything. Or there will be other ways. Do not rush.

Demoli

Those items aren't genuine wuality though, they are mythical, rare, legendary and whatnot. Browse the steam market for a Scythe of Vyro or Flowering Treants and you can see the diference. My guess is Genuine quality overlaps Inscribed while Mythical and Legendary don't.

Wok

Those items aren't genuine wuality though, they are mythical, rare, legendary and whatnot. Browse the steam market for a Scythe of Vyro or Flowering Treants and you can see the diference. My guess is Genuine quality overlaps Inscribed while Mythical and Legendary don't.

Both appear as mythical:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=201295717
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Recluse Reef Denizen
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Recluse Reef Denizen

Zeth

I recently bought a non-genuine scythe and treant, but I already inscribed them.

So I've been playing a lot of support this week and I've gotten to the point where I can't stand other people playing the role. Why are you last hitting? Why overlapping wards? No you won't pull? Fuuuuuu, takes all the fun away from playing a carry

Yep, never seen a support play the role even remotely as correctly as I do. Sometimes you have to do that shit yourself.

Jex

So guys, what do you think about Quickast? Yay or Nay? Or depends on the hero/circumstances? I personally haven't tinkered with it because, you know, change is scary.

shira

WTF mouzsports, dirt tier confirmed
im curious about it too but i did enjoy diretide despite hearing that its not nearly as awesome as last years version.

also what currency is that pyo on the steam community market?

I believe that the Russian currency rupees.

Milabrega

Greeviling was fun but very flawed. Some Greevils were just too imbalanced compared to others, and the RNG on camp spawns made it somewhat too easy for some teams. That didn't kill any potential Greeviling had though, had tons of fun playing it with the old gaf stack. The AFK item camper teams are what killed Greeviling, glad the item crafting system in place during Diretide seemed to have deterred afk campers. Still rock my Golden Greevil proudly.

They shouldn't have allowed heroes. It should have been 100% Greevils, it would have made it a lot more unique and the big AoE camp clearing heroes wouldn't have a huge advantage.

M.D

I lost every game today, but this last game really hurt.
I was doing fine top, had good support from a Necro, and the Lich was also doing a good job.

Went 4-0 before dieing, also took down their top tower.

BUT

Our Luna decided that fuck BKB against Invoker and Earthshaker, lets get a Mjollnir! Of course he was also screaming "help me!" into the mic after doing stupid shit and calling us idiots when he died

Had some really good Weaver games lately, sucks so much to lose.. I love that hero

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard gave me a Hearthstone Key, thats a thing. Maybe I'll play it when I start to bore of Starbound.

Bit surprised they gave it to me, I thought having a banned Diablo account would put me on some sort of list of people to not care about. Maybe they find my silly rig of 3 Hard Drives with a SSD, 2 Monitors of unequal size and 4GB of Ram on a single channel a hardware demographic that needed more representation.

Sanjay

I believe that the Russian currency rupees.

zelda_wind_waker.jpg

Hylian7

So guys, what do you think about Quickast? Yay or Nay? Or depends on the hero/circumstances? I personally haven't tinkered with it because, you know, change is scary.

Really a matter of personal preference, but it can particularly be useful on some heroes, Meepo being one of them. I don't use it on Meepo though because I hate the lack of mouse feedback when doing actions with him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I'm a support snob and it fucking hurts every time I try to pick carries. When I'm stacked at least I can try and boss around my friends and get them to do it right, but like 100% of the time if I get stuck laning with a pub support I usually want to end my own life by like 2 minutes in at the latest.

Haunted

It's good to play with a friend with <75 wins from time to time, remind yourself how shit people can be and how far you've come in your personal journey.

Explanation please!

ah, I know what you're talking about, thought it was something new. I say nay! Too hard to use properly, the mouse movement + click is too ingrained, not only by Dota 2 but every RTS before it.

Has there ever been talk about a counter-part to Nightstalker, some hero that's particularly stronger during the day and weaker at night? Could make for an interesting dynamic.

Dahbomb

Has there ever been talk about a counter-part to Nightstalker, some hero that's particularly stronger during the day and weaker at night? Could make for an interesting dynamic.
That hero would instead get countered by NS because NS has an ulti that extends night time so that hero would be gimped for a good portion of the game.

UNLESS he also had an ultimate to extend day time. Now that would be hilarious. I wonder what would happen if they both turned on their ultis...

Sibylus

Banned
So what type of hero would this sun hero be exactly? They couldn't be a ganker unless you want to start running around at Lvl 2-3.
"Sun Wukong possesses an immense amount of strength; he is able to lift his 13,500 j&#299;n (8,100 kilograms (17,900 lb)) staff with ease. He is also extremely fast, able to travel 108,000 li (54,000 kilometres (34,000 mi)) in one somersault. Sun knows 72 transformations, which allows him to transform into various animals and objects; he has trouble, however, transforming into other people, because he is unable to complete the transformation of his tail. He is a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against the best generals of heaven. Each of his hairs possesses magical properties, and is capable of transforming either into a clone of the Monkey King himself, or various weapons, animals, and other objects. He also knows spells that can command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike.[1]"

Judging by this description, he is all heroes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wonder if it's more lucrative to model for TF2 or Dota 2. TF2 has more players and you have more license to be totally retarded in your item designs, but I'd wager the whales Dota 2 has spend more than your average TF2 whale.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I wonder if it's more lucrative to model for TF2 or Dota 2. TF2 has more players and you have more license to be totally retarded in your item designs, but I'd wager the whales Dota 2 has spend more than your average TF2 whale.
Dota 2 has an insanely higher player base dude.
The better question is if the TF2 player base is more NA/EU ratio to South America / RUS / China than Dota 2 and if that translates to a higher average value per player.

mUCetAd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom