• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
the person who makes the most money in TF2 makes around 500,000 a year.

Take that as you will. I don't really know how much the highest Dota contributor makes.

Me, as a lowly single digit contributor on 3 items, make around 500 a year :x

pompidu

Ima new player to this game, and man does it punish you for not knowing your enemies. Doesn't help if you get a bad team thought.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ima new player to this game, and man does it punish you for not knowing your enemies. Doesn't help if you get a bad team thought.

It punishes you for not knowing a lot of things, but yes, not knowing the capabilities of all 100+ heroes is definitely one of them. Welcome to Dota, enjoy your homework.

pompidu

It punishes you for not knowing a lot of things, but yes, not knowing the capabilities of all 100+ heroes is definitely one of them. Welcome to Dota, enjoy your homework.

I'm going to put a little more time into and see if it pays off. It's frustrating having the enemy warp to you off screen then stun and kill you. That part doesn't make any sense unless I'm missing something. So far it has not been a good experience.

shira

warlusCourier_groundWIP.gif

wow red moon ixm courier

woodland

I'm going to put a little more time into and see if it pays off. It's frustrating having the enemy warp to you off screen then stun and kill you. That part doesn't make any sense unless I'm missing something. So far it has not been a good experience.

It seems ridiculously overpowered and stupid when you first begin, but the more you learn the more you see how it's actually easy to avoid/beat/whatever. When I first started I thought some shit was the most OP (Riki), now I look forward to playing against that since it's an easy win.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
At least in DOTA you can select their hero and see what their abilities do. In LoL you can't.

shira

Players’ language preferences contains a common language. Lack of a common language among teammates’ language preferences is strongly avoided. Lack of a common language across the whole match is also avoided, but less strongly.

Why do they even bother with this cyka

pompidu

It seems ridiculously overpowered and stupid when you first begin, but the more you learn the more you see how it's actually easy to avoid/beat/whatever. When I first started I thought some shit was the most OP (Riki), now I look forward to playing against that since it's an easy win.

Im deciding to stick with viper for the moment. which is probably a bad choice for a beginner. Hopefully it will force me to play better and understand the mechanics better.

Im deciding to stick with viper for the moment. which is probably a bad choice for a beginner. Hopefully it will force me to play better and understand the mechanics better.
As far as carries/gankers go Viper is pretty good for a new player. He has the world's easiest last hitting and Viper Strike is a very strong ult.

At least you picked up him rather than Sniper.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shoutouts to MaddenGAF.

How's your sports game working out for ya?

Valve, if you want to add Ranked, you need to do somethnig very important.

Listen. Listen to me.

You have to - pay attention. You HAVE to increase the number of reports per week from 2 to 200. Minimum.

Randdalf

the person who makes the most money in TF2 makes around 500,000 a year.

Take that as you will. I don't really know how much the highest Dota contributor makes.

Me, as a lowly single digit contributor on 3 items, make around 500 a year :x

As a lowly map maker, I made $500 once from the Swamp Theme pack. I sent my maps to Valve to see if they would play it during their custom map day, but never got a reply so I assume they either didn't like it or were just ignoring me, hehe.

pompidu

As far as carries/gankers go Viper is pretty good for a new player. He has the world's easiest last hitting and Viper Strike is a very strong ult.

At least you picked up him rather than Sniper.

Alright good to know! Is it better to play and buy items based on feel or should I follow one of the dotafire guides? This whole game seems so daunting.

I'm actually really impressed with how in depth they explained their matchmaking in that post.

Good on ya Valve.

Also I'm glad it's a wholly separate mmr. Also glad it's a 150 match minimum to keep 99% of smurfs out.

Also my baller lich is too good.

805VOMq.png

Alright good to know! Is it better to play and buy items based on feel or should I follow one of the dotafire guides? This whole game seems so daunting.
Follow the recommended items for a start then go by feel once you get more experience. I wouldn't recommend using Dotafire.

Razzer

Good to see that Valve are doing the whole communicating thing now. I guess they took diretidegate (is that what we call it now?) to heart. Hopefully we can look forward to them sharing their plans for the future from now on.

Give Documentary :p

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Good to see that Valve are doing the whole communicating thing now. I guess they took diretidegate (is that what we call it now?) to heart. Hopefully we can look forward to them sharing their plans for the future from now on.

Give Documentary :p

I'd pay to see that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm actually really impressed with how in depth they explained their matchmaking in that post.

Good on ya Valve.

Really. I think they need to be given some credit for basically making a tl;dr on the matter after getting shit on for lack of communication about the Diretide thing. Whether you care about it or not the MMR thing is one of the most hotbed issues for the game. I kind of wish they wouldn't have separate modes for ranked and unranked, since with all the tryhards I play with we already treat every shit tier pub like it's TI grand finals anyways.

I like that they went out of their way to say that they don't enforce a win percentage when I KNOW IT TO BE FALSE!

BeesEight

Well, just had three crushing defeats in a row. First two were captain's draft - my first foray. Both times the captain decided for a 4 protect 1 strat without any actual protecting which led to the carry getting destroyed early and us being steam rolled.

Decided to just queue for a simple random draft. Ended up in another 4 support vs team carry...

At least I got a lot of support practice in.

Good on ya Valve.

Also I'm glad it's a wholly separate mmr. Also glad it's a 150 match minimum to keep 99% of smurfs out.

Also my baller lich is too good.

805VOMq.png

You have brought honor to the House of Lich. But never forget who rules this kingdom.

XuxOHr2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom