• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Matchmaking + Techies would be like valve's revenge for all the trouble the diretide fiasco caused them.

It would truly be the deepest pit of hell.

ElyrionX

So I have narrowed my hero pool down to the following 12 that I will use for most of my games (the serious ones and for ranked mm):

AM
BH
Clinkz
CM
DS
Gyro
Invoker
LS
Luna
Puck
SS
Timbersaw

#tryhard

xanavi

It would please me so greatly if everyone just moved over to ranked matchmaking and never touched public again, even if they don't care about rankings at all.

snack

It would please me so greatly if everyone just moved over to ranked matchmaking and never touched public again, even if they don't care about rankings at all.

Maybe once Valve can perfect the in-game rank matchmaking, they'll only have one mode and the public will be gone.

Razzer

I must say the timing of this is pretty funny. Just as that DSR site is causing a ruckus over rankings they go and announce they are doing it after all lol. And they probably were planning on it anyway so it's just a coincidence haha.

Nymerio

You have brought honor to the House of Lich. But never forget who rules this kingdom.

XuxOHr2.png

I'm actually really impressed with how in depth they explained their matchmaking in that post.

Good on ya Valve.

Also I'm glad it's a wholly separate mmr. Also glad it's a 150 match minimum to keep 99% of smurfs out.

Also my baller lich is too good.

805VOMq.png

Lich games are the best when no one buys bkbs.

WQZn9rX.png

cardboard tier for life!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some really good inhouse games tonight. 1.09 carried as AM while Milk tried to base race as Bristleback in a game that was looking really bad for us, and tswift carrying his team to victory inspite of a 30k gold deficit with his Dagon/Scepter/Veil Clockwork

sephi22

It was? Why? And does it have ranked mm now?

I fucked up sir.
I meant say 'Lack of a Skill measuring system kept people away from Dota'
and also
' A skill measuring system was the selling point of LoL'

and kinda had a brainfart and combined the two.

On Reddit, a lot of LoL players have mentioned that they like mechanics and/or meta of Dota, but haven't joined in because of a lack of a ranked system to gauge personal skill.

ViviOggi

Abandon game when someone else picks him first?

That is indeed a flaw in my strategy, I'll need to think of a backup hero. He's not been popular at all in my games so far though, even Xin isn't getting picked frequently (who I think is kinda bad but assumed him to be attractive to pubbies).

That hero is OP as all hell
And I fucking love him.

Seriously though I expect him to be nerfed before he hits CM, and then he will still be first pick/first ban.

First things that come to mind are reducing his pull range and making the push silence scaling. I feel like he's easy to overnerf though since he's so heavy on utility and has little damage potential outside of prolonged teamfights.

G.ZZZ

Not playing any ranked AP till Kaolin is nerfed, and playing random unranked or ranked with mates, but not sure, i think i'll play mostly unranked.

Some dire times are about to come, with swinging penises and river of tears.

M.D

I'm in a game with 2 russians playing AM and Chen

Obviously were losing, but then these 2 guys take my force staff recipe from the courier and give it to one another, putting it on the ground and taking it before I can pick it up and finally the other team picked it up

fiore

Banned
I'm in a game with 2 russians playing AM and Chen

Obviously were losing, but then these 2 guys take my force staff recipe from the courier and give it to one another, putting it on the ground and taking it before I can pick it up and finally the other team picked it up

I had another russian teammate who did something similiar. When I use courier to retrieve items he would drop them somewhere in the trees. Can't believe we still won

Seance

Banned
I'm actually really impressed with how in depth they explained their matchmaking in that post.

Good on ya Valve.

Also I'm glad it's a wholly separate mmr. Also glad it's a 150 match minimum to keep 99% of smurfs out.

Also my baller lich is too good.

805VOMq.png

AM should be ashamed of himself.

ElyrionX

That is indeed a flaw in my strategy, I'll need to think of a backup hero. He's not been popular at all in my games so far though, even Xin isn't getting picked frequently (who I think is kinda bad but assumed him to be attractive to pubbies)..

Xin is so useless that it didn't take long for pubs to figure that out.

ViviOggi

Wow that's big, I came here actually expecting many people crying about it, since I remember so many people defending Valve choice not to show any MMR. Luckily once Valve actually do it, opinions seems to change.. can't wait for the same thing to happen with surrended.

Most people feared the implications public MMR would have for pubs, but ranked MMR will only be visible to you and your friends, so there's that.

Surrender function is a wholly different issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom