• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

How often am I allowed to abandon? I've got 7 abandons out of about 550 games, which is a small % but is due to connection issues (and one afk lol).

Wording sounds like it's just a message? That'd be shit if it was like this, whenever I play in low prio someone disconnects.
It definitely is like this, a friend of mine was in low priority for a 5/6 days playing a couple of games each day just to get rid of a 3 match ban. If someone abandons it doesn't count and presumably because there was no message people would rage quit and others just had serious problems with their Internet.

ElyrionX

Being a good support is even more important than a good carry. Setting up kills is quite rewarding, and certain supports can really rack up those kills (Lich in particular is my favourite when it comes to this).

Plus you get to show off your badass legendary/mythical courier and your cool collections of custom ward skins. Your Carry wouldn't be buying these, now would they? :p

Lately I've been having a ball playing relatively item independent supports like Venge, batrider, tidehunter. Just get that blink dagger whenever you can, and otherwise roam a ton and set up kills. Also, warding in the enemy's jungle is fun (especially in lower level pub games) where a low health jungler is an easy kill.

Yeah, about that. You're going to need to have those things first before you can show them off.

dmshaposv

Yeah, about that. You're going to need to have those things first before you can show them off.

Trust me, my luck is shit when it comes to drops and chests. Nothing good ever.

I got my first good courier through crafting. Got a mythical scroll, and turned some rares into a mythical courier. Crafting somewhat guarantees good loot.

If all else fails, you can always pick up an enuduring wardog (mythical) from the steam market for as little as $2. Heck you even get a free courier with that Ti3 compendium. I got my ward from a chest tho.

Dec

Trust me, my luck is shit when it comes to drops and chests. Nothing good ever.

I got my first good courier through crafting. Got a mythical scroll, and turned some rares into a mythical courier. Crafting somewhat guarantees good loot.

If all else fails, you can always pick up an enuduring wardog (mythical) from the steam market for as little as $2. Heck you even get a free courier with that Ti3 compendium.

Ya it isn't difficult to get a cool courier. I just have a wyrmeleon that looks awesome I got with a ticket a long while back. No desire to get anything different, I have no interest in rarity or trade value or whatever the fuck.

I miss "Well begun is half done"

I didn't even know what it meant. He said it far too often. But I miss it...

Consider his lines are a mix of his old lines with a filter and new lines, they should go back and add his older lines that were unrelated to bones.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
RPHhbZy.gif

whats a legion commander

Viyana is a ranged, magical damage support that focuses almost exclusively on healing and sustaining her team. Viyana performs best in a lane role, harassing enemies with a bevy of powerful abilities – being rewarded for skillful offensive play with increased healing or shielding. Viyana sacrifices core kit utility present on other support Shapers in exchange for powerful sustain; being mindful of your lane partner’s skillset and item choices can often inform which sustaining or shielding abilities will be most useful. Viyana’s ultimate is immensely powerful, notably piercing through all forms of crowd control immunity, but leaves her vulnerable to enemy advances – be sure to use your abilities wisely and note your team’s positioning before unleashing it on a hapless foe.

Passive – Health Shaper – Pulse – Viyana uses health to cast her abilities. Viyana gains increased effectiveness from Heals, Regen and Lifedrain as her current health decreases.

Q – Needle – Viyana creates a spear of blood in target direction, dealing magical damage to the first enemy struck. Purified blood arcs back from the target healing nearby allied Shapers.

W – Pure Blood – Viyana generates Blood Orbs slowly over time that automatically heal nearby allied Shapers (except Viyana) with low health. Viyana may activate Pure Blood to consume a Blood Orb, shattering it at target location dealing magical damage and reducing the healing of enemies in the area.

E – Leech – Viyana curses target enemy, dealing damage over time. Each time the target takes damage, the lowest health allied Shaper gains a small shield that can stack several time. Any time a Shaper is shielded, the cooldown of this ability is reduced.

R – Exsanguinate – Viyana instantly suppressed target enemy Shaper, dealing magical damage to them over time. Viyana is healed over the duration of the effect.

BigAT

So did Speed just make a huge throw? I put the game on for half a second and they were up like 20 something kills to 6, come back and Titan is knocking down their thrown.

Sanjay

Kreunt

Banned
my DSR has gone down to 1/3 of what it was last time i checked it.
pretty sure i've actually been winning more games as well.

ElyrionX

It annoys the shit out of me when my teammates buy DR when we are winning. No matter how much we are stomping, the game doesn't end till the ancients go down and buying a DR just increases the risk of throwing the game.

#nofunallowed

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Not really feeling any of these Wraith Night rewards. Some of the more expensive ones are actually pretty boring.

Zeth

My luck with rapiers has been good lately (picked up two on jugg and cemented a comeback after an incredible throw by opposing team) but I generally hate when my teammates get them. It's rarely a good decision in a low-tier pub games IMO.
Why do teams use skype? What's wrong with vent?

Not sure about that either. And doesn't Mumble have the lowest latency?

ElyrionX

My luck with rapiers has been good lately (picked up two on jugg and cemented a comeback after an incredible throw by opposing team) but I generally hate when my teammates get them. It's rarely a good decision in a low-tier pub games IMO.

Buying them when you are clearly losing the game is fine but not the other way around.

I find it funny Valve can remove Skeleton King from Dota 2 for a few weeks and there's literally no change to the meta or really the game as a whole, at all.

Becoming the Wraith King might be the best thing to happen to SK. People will remember he exists as a hero, at least for a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom