• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob1991

Neo Member
I find it funny Valve can remove Skeleton King from Dota 2 for a few weeks and there's literally no change to the meta or really the game as a whole, at all.

Becoming the Wraith King might be the best thing to happen to SK. People will remember he exists as a hero, at least for a month or so.

It's been like 2 days

KingKong

Not really feeling any of these Wraith Night rewards. Some of the more expensive ones are actually pretty boring.

That Windrunner hair is so awesome. Luna's too.

Kinda weird that an entire Abaddon set is 5 separate rewards, getting the shoulder piece or cape would suck

SamVimes

I find it funny Valve can remove Skeleton King from Dota 2 for a few weeks and there's literally no change to the meta or really the game as a whole, at all.

Becoming the Wraith King might be the best thing to happen to SK. People will remember he exists as a hero, at least for a month or so.

Just one less ass hero to random for a couple of days.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Bob1991

Neo Member
He'll be gone for a few weeks. And the meta won't change at all in those 2 weeks despite and entire hero being missing.

He has very low mana for the early game, and he isn't as good of a carry as other heroes in the pool. That's why he isn't in the meta and isn't picked. Unless there is an upcoming rework of him or something I just don't see him being picked in competitive play.

inkls

Just had a pretty insane game as undying 61 minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/xY6eaf7.jpg?1?5395

Our ogre fed their PL bot and veno got fed top.

I really like Undying, probably my top 3 favorite hero. Do you guys think his lategame should be buffed? Apart from his ult hes pretty weak lategame. Not something radical, but rather like what they did with Tusk's ward. Maybe have zombies take x amount of hits to kill instead of having 20 hp or maybe have lifesteal aura apply to zombies and it heals you?

He has very low mana for the early game, and he isn't as good of a carry as other heroes in the pool. That's why he isn't in the meta and isn't picked. Unless there is an upcoming rework of him or something I just don't see him being picked in competitive play.

I kind of have the feeling you don't really know what I posted or why I posted it. I wasn't really wondering why SK wasn't picked, just noting something like this would have been a lot harder to pull off for nearly every other hero in the game.

And you'd be surprised what a visual remake could do to a hero. If people legit forget SK was a hero, seeing a new icon on the hero select screen could push them to try him.

Wasn't he removed yesterday? He is among the heroes who have very little or rather none meta game presence. It is what it is. He's aimed directly at noobs apparently.

Bob1991

Neo Member
I kind of have the feeling you don't really know what I posted or why I posted it. I wasn't really wondering why SK wasn't picked, just noting something like this would have been a lot harder to pull off for nearly every other hero in the game.

And you'd be surprised what a visual remake could do to a hero. If people legit forget SK was a hero, seeing a new icon on the hero select screen could push them to try him.

Haha Ballad, no one reads anything you say.

Yeah I misinterpreted what was initially written. Too much studying for finals not enough sleep.

I don't get why SK/WK is bad really. He's better off mana wise now than CK,Tiny, or Sven. Or Venge even. (Admittedly those heroes are not really picked either or not picked without Wisp anyway.) But having 2 stuns at level 1 or 2 on an 8 second second cd is really good for early fights, subjectively at least his laning feels much better now.

Also isn't his ult one of the best ults for a carry to have? Given how desperately teams fight over the aegis I would have thought having a free one every 60 seconds at lvl 16 would be a huge deal. (At least as a counter to line-ups that depend on big ults like Doom or Lasso.) He also doesn't lose any damage when re-spawning or buying back like Sven/Alch/DK do. (Which is probably a glass half full way of looking at his skills but oh well.)

ksan

I don't get why SK/WK is bad really. He's better off mana wise now than CK,Tiny, or Sven. Or Venge even. (Admittedly those heroes are not really picked either or not picked without Wisp anyway.) But having 2 stuns at level 1 or 2 on an 8 second second cd is really good for early fights, subjectively at least his laning feels much better now.

Also isn't his ult one of the best ults for a carry to have? Given how desperately teams fight over the aegis I would have thought having a free one every 60 seconds at lvl 16 would be a huge deal. (At least as a counter to line-ups that depend on big ults like Doom or Lasso.) He also doesn't lose any damage when re-spawning or buying back like Sven/Alch/DK do. (Which is probably a glass half full way of looking at his skills but oh well.)

So, he's just as bad as a sven/alch/dk without ulti both before he dies and after he respawns, I think you got it :p

But really, easily kiteable, less damage than sven and alch, way worse farming than both of them, and a lot less utility than dk.

manfestival

also is this update live? I am at work til 6pm est and im sure it will be live by then but I just plan on having my steam update before I arrived home from teaching my dance class and the social afterwards

Nymerio

So, who won Alliance vs Rox.Kis? Is there a site that is up to date on that stuff? I checked joindota and the match still displays as LIVE...

ksan

So, who won Alliance vs Rox.Kis? Is there a site that is up to date on that stuff? I checked joindota and the match still displays as LIVE...

Alliance.......
won

Fun things:
pajkatt playing
and going ham on alchemist, and both loda and pajkatt getting rapiers (although just before a t3 push)

So, he's just as bad as a sven/alch/dk without ulti both before he dies and after he respawns, I think you got it :p

Yeah well I guess you can look it that way as well :p

(I'm probably just down on Sven because I can't play him for shit but against a lot of teams charging in with your power of greyskull form on just paints a please RP me sign on your head.)

The kiting issue is interesting, idk I've heard people say that about almost every melee carry pretty much. Someone like Lifestealer seems to be able to get around it by building racecar stuff + basher, but I suppose WK can't do that since he needs a bkb as well which is a problem.

Test Client Update 3
- Added Legacy Keys for Legion Commander.
- Fixed Legion Commander turn rate being incorrect.
- Fixed Overwhelming Odds not counting magic immune enemies for its damage total and speed boost.
- Fixed Press the Attack being usable on magic immune targets.
- Fixed Duel not granting pre-attack bonus damage.
- Fixed Duel not disabling passives and items.
- Fixed pathing while in Duel.
- Fixed Press The Attack dispel rules not being consistent with Dark Pact/Aphotic Shield.
- Fixed various issues with Moment of Courage.
- Fixed Linken's Sphere not blocking Duel.
- Fixed being unable to afford Legion Commander's starting item build.
- Fixed Overwhelming Odds not considering Spirit Bear for bonuses.
- Fixed Overwhelming Odds providing 9% speed boost per illusion rather than 3%.
- Fixed Duel being usable on various non-hero units (Spirit Bear, Familiars, etc).
- Fixed towers, wards, etc not causing Moment of Courage to trigger.

I think that's everything that was an issue with the update, so it seems to be on track for release

Artanisix

Well, he doesn't have a built in bkb and the utility that Lifestealer has with Infest.

Saying a hero is a worse farmer or split pusher is a bad metric for measuring how good a hero is, is all I'm pointing out. You can't just turn around and use the advantages that Lifestealer has and ignoring the advantages Wraith King has as well.

Bob1991

Neo Member
But having a built in aegis, crystalys, and vlads just isn't enough :(

You're right, that hero is broken and has three free items. He needs a serious nerf immediately. :(

Saying a hero is a worse farmer or split pusher is a bad metric for measuring how good a hero is, is all I'm pointing out. You can't just turn around and use the advantages that Lifestealer has and ignoring the advantages Wraith King has as well.

I wasn't saying WK was a bad hero, each hero has their advantages and disadvantages. I was just pointing out some of the disadvantages of WK as opposed to some of he popular carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom