• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone happen to know Bo and have her number or something? She said she like had a pill lodged in her throat and was choking and then went AFK in game for like 20 minutes and still no response. Seriously don't know wtf is going on.

I wonder how LC finds time to put mascara on while leading a legion and dueling pit lords.

Anyway...

Keeper of the Light
Zeus
Phantom Assassin
Dark Seer
Tidehunter
Mirana

Are all set up to work in Wraith Night, but are not enabled. Chances are they'll enable them as time goes on to mix up the mode a bit.

Artanisix

Anyone happen to know Bo and have her number or something? She said she like had a pill lodged in her throat and was choking and then went AFK in game for like 20 minutes and still no response. Seriously don't know wtf is going on.

I do not, hope she's alright.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how LC finds time to put mascara on while leading a legion and dueling pit lords.

Anyway...

Keeper of the Light
Zeus
Phantom Assassin
Dark Seer
Tidehunter
Mirana

Are all set up to work in Wraith Night, but are not enabled. Chances are they'll enable them as time goes on to mix up the mode a bit.

Looks like Zeus had almost all of his abilities redone too to work in the mode better. I guess Valve just aren't done.

I feel like the mode is going to be a month long, since thats how long the chest is around.

Oh yea
o3DuxKph.jpg

P9bB2KHh.jpg

I can't believe how well they work. They look awesome!

I'm kind of worried about the Sword n Board though. I haven't found a shot of it yet...

M.D

Is PA fucking cursed or something? I think I've seen more good Meepo players than PA players

I always lose when that hero is on my team

BeesEight

Please be alright, Bo.

Just bots on Unfair, but having:

Treads + Armlet + AC + Deso + Abyssal done in 26 minutes @ 800gpm feels good regardless. Especially against a bot Sniper in the lane. Gonna have fun with LC if I ever get to pick her today.

docbon

Oh jeez. :(

Karakand

I know those abandons are tough but you probably should have PM'd a mod or started a thread in OT within 5 minutes instead of waiting 20+ minutes and posting in a community thread.

KingKong

Here are all the strings related to the "presents" you get leveling up. Hopefully Valve retroactively just gives them to everyone.
http://pastebin.com/cWW53yKX

from a bunch of pages back, but whats the deal with those? from the update text it sounded like you only get those if you're new, but there are some really nice items in there like the name tag, chisel, gems, ward, backpack expander. Are those permanent or like an item preview? Are they tradeable?

That's pretty decent, ingame he should also have some nice spooky particle effects, no? Didn't bother watching DC.

I think. One issue though is WK's default color scheme is more bluish green, these items are all black. His cape is also a dulled tattered red and these are all clean and bright red.

I think in the coming months the contributors of those items will rework them to blend better. But for such an aggressive model change, these items work incredibly well.

I'm stuck here at work and all I want to do is be playing this mode. It's exactly the style of custom game I used to love back in the SC1/WC3 days.

This might be the first time I actually get into item collection and crafting. Is there a good resource out there for how crafting works? Valve doesn't surface that stuff too well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
from a bunch of pages back, but whats the deal with those? from the update text it sounded like you only get those if you're new, but there are some really nice items in there like the name tag, chisel, gems, ward, backpack expander. Are those permanent or like an item preview? Are they tradeable?

New plays will be granted the basic present, its designed to teach players about cosmetics by giving them a bunch as they level up. They will over time get the Chen Ward, the boar courier, Diretide Hud, Death Prophet Announcer, some gems, a few commons and uncommons, a special chest and a key for that chest which will have a rare in it, along with a name and description tag, and the expander. Right now, they are all tradable. At the end of the present chain, they will get a "Dynamic Present".

Current Players will likely just get what is called the "Dynamic Present". This is a gift that can be opened every 5 levels, and gives a random item rated Rare or higher. Item prices will flat out tank if Valve gives the Level 1 Present to everyone, since people would suddenly get a glut of Rare Items.

Something you could try is to make a Smurf and Trade its level 1 present after it gets it. They aren't set to be untradable yet, and I don't think Valve has implemented low level trade restrictions yet.

I wonder if contributors will be allowed to use the two handed animations.

Current Players will likely just get what is called the "Dynamic Present". This is a gift that can be opened every 5 levels, and gives a random item rated Rare or higher. Item prices will flat out tank if Valve gives the Level 1 Present to everyone, since people would suddenly get a glut of Rare Items.
If they retro fit this, I'm going to be getting around 15 Rare+ items... WOW
Yea... not sure how they're going to do this for older players.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if contributors will be allowed to use the two handed animations.

If they retro fit this, I'm going o be getting around 15 Rare+ items... WOW

Which is why I really doubt they are, unless Valve just wants to say "Fuck you trading community, items for everyone!"

Also, I am pretty sure Contributors will be able to use both Sword types for cosmetic items.

G.ZZZ

MoC actually crash the game now in test client lmao. The funny part is various people already suggested a way to make it work, even if not functionally identical, but valve is trying different things that just don't work with their current engine.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I know those abandons are tough but you probably should have PM'd a mod or started a thread in OT within 5 minutes instead of waiting 20+ minutes and posting in a community thread.

Actually I didn't see what she had written in the chat live until way after she went AFK in game. I had to scroll up to find it. I would also imagine that if a real emergency was occurring that she would have called 911 rather than typing in DotA chat. But I'll PM a mod now and see if we can find someone on GAF who knows her well enough to confirm that she's OK.

73V3N

Banned
So I randomed and got BH, and some guy said "I hate when kids random good heroes", so I asked what he meant by "kids" and he said he assumed some people were children because of their immature decisions.. (because I randomed)

then I had to listen to him talking about anal sex and make rape jokes the whole game.

I really don't get some people.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I randomed and got BH, and some guy said "I hate when kids random good heroes", so I asked what he meant by "kids" and he said he assumed some people were children because of their immature decisions.. (because I randomed)

then I had to listen to him talking about anal sex and make rape jokes the whole game.

I really don't get some people.

"Kids" is just a pejorative in DOTA.

Quesa

Have they said what happens to the sk items (do they apply to wraith king)? He likes like a cross between kunkka, santa, and evil. Hope Bo is ok!

Also this game is dead until there are Timber items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom