• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Damn.

Damn.

I bought the brewmaster shirt when it was in stock...Maybe I should get this too..

I think I will. It's getting cold, and I need hoodies..
82287-Starsky-Hutch-DO-IT-meme-PQXx.jpeg

If it is was the Kunkka's Rum one I would get 2 easy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Lately when I spectate games from player perspective when I switch between heroes the game does the lock up/freeze thing like it does at the start of every match for like 2-3 seconds. This never used to happen before. Is that happening for any/everybody else or what?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
super late to this reply. yea it sounds like a boom mic. If I might make an alternate recommendation:

http://www.modmic.com/

or

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OO333Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm sure the later is going to be more than you want to spend, but if you want to sound a LOT clearer and don't mind a standing option, it's the next best thing to a Yeti. And I have the ModMic...best mic of its kind if you use headphones while playing.
I told Hylian this already, but the ModMic 2.0 is better than the Blue Yeti which I'm pretty sure if better than the Snowball. I use my Yeti as my headphone rest and use my ModMic 2.0 for casting / everyday use.

If you want something in the midterm I suggest the Logitech USB mic which you can buy new or a refurb off eBay / Amazon. It picks up ambient a lot, but you'll come through clear for only $20.

I told Hylian this already, but the ModMic 2.0 is better than the Blue Yeti which I'm pretty sure if better than the Snowball. I use my Yeti as my headphone rest and use my ModMic 2.0 for casting / everyday use.

Is it now? I haven't done any A/B experimentation with my Yeti and ModMic. I just use whichever I feel like using in a given day. Have you had a chance to do any A/B testing? Or is that just kinda the word on the street?

#waitingformy3.0order

Vaporak

Lately when I spectate games from player perspective when I switch between heroes the game does the lock up/freeze thing like it does at the start of every match for like 2-3 seconds. This never used to happen before. Is that happening for any/everybody else or what?

This happens to me now. IIRC jumping to different heroes during free look doesn't cause it, just during player perspective.

the modmic looks cool

I definitely recommend it if you have a pair of headphones that you really like. I bought it on GAF recommendation as a solution to a problem I was having. I had these really nice headphones

dsc0653bk.jpg

(left to right: Denon D7000, Sennheiser HD650, Audio Technica ATH-M50)

and wanted to use them for playing games as I did listening to music on my PC. BUT...I really wanted a better mic in the headset style (as opposed to a mic sitting on a desk).

I ordered a Gamecom Commander from Valve and sent it back maybe 3 days later. The mic was excellent...but the headset was terrible. Pads were stiff (relative to my real headphones), grip on my head (the headband) was uncomfortable, and dear god...the sound quality was shameful. Sounds were distant, metallic, small. Music...you just couldn't listen to music on them at all. Just horrible cans.

I came to GAF looking for some sort of boom mic or something that would allow me to use my headphones. I had a couple of boom mics like Hylian7 has right now, all of which sucked for one reason or another. Then someone tipped me off to the Modmic (can't remember who anymore) and I ordered one that day. It was exactly what I wanted and needed. It's as simple as it suggests it is on their website and better than any boom mic (lapel) on the market. I can't say for sure if it's better than my Yeti because I personally haven't done any A/B testing, but it's excellent.

As I was saying to Hylian, if you'd like to hit me up on Steam or in Dota2 I can hook up that mic and let you hear how it sounds. You can make your own decision from there. To me it gives me the best of both worlds: I can keep my superior headphones on and have a headset mic experience whenever i want by just attaching the mic.

Also, I'd recommend that anyone considering a headset (Gamecom Commander or otherwise) reconsider. You can get a ModMic and a pair of great sounding headphones for similar money and have a much, much better experience all around. You can consult headphone-GAF for headphone recommendations in your price range and then just tack on the extra $30 for the mic. You won't be disappointed.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This happens to me now. IIRC jumping to different heroes during free look doesn't cause it, just during player perspective.

Ok, just looking for some confirmation that it's not a prob with my hardware. Still looking for more testimonials.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is it now? I haven't done any A/B experimentation with my Yeti and ModMic. I just use whichever I feel like using in a given day. Have you had a chance to do any A/B testing? Or is that just kinda the word on the street?

#waitingformy3.0order
I've done extensive testing with the ModMic 2.0, 3.0, Logitech USB Mic, and Blue Yeti with onboard sound, Xonar DG, and Xonar DGX for local recording and streaming through XSplit (Paid) and OBS.

The 2.0 is the best. Don't buy the 3.0 (It's bad right now), or if you want it cancel your order and I'll send you one of my two.

KevinRo

I honestly think peruvians are the worst players ever. The entire day could be fine then 2 games in a row there is a peruvian that feeds.

I've done extensive testing with the ModMic 2.0, 3.0, Logitech USB Mic, and Blue Yeti with onboard sound, Xonar DG, and Xonar DGX for local recording and streaming through XSplit (Paid) and OBS.

The 2.0 is the best. Don't buy the 3.0 (It's bad right now), or if you want it cancel your order and I'll send you one of my two.

Awesome. Thanks for the insight man. I'll sit tight with my 2.0 and maybe wait for the 4.0 instead.

Boken

Banned

Can I have the other one of your two?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have to say I got a Modmic 2.0 a couple of weeks ago (after waiting near enough a month for their stock to come in and ship) and it is hands down the best microphone I have used! The major plus still being able to use my HD598's as a headset :)

Just ordered that Bewmaster hoodie. I hope the price of luckboxes does not go down by the time it get's all the way to England!!

Thanks, it works until this evening.
No problem.
Shadow Blade is where it's at: http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=shadow+blade

That said, of the items in the chest, the majority are worth less than the luckbox, so it's risky. I usually have poor luck, thus, I'll just resell the box and be on my way.

LiQuid!

Do you have any recourse against someone that refuses to let the game be paused when someone disconnects? This has happened twice now in two days, some asshole on the other team will just instantly unpause after everyone on our team tries to pause and ask nicely for a minute for reconnect. The first time it happened I reported the guy but nothing happened to them I assume because I didn't get a system notice.

Loomba

Do you have any recourse against someone that refuses to let the game be paused when someone disconnects? This has happened twice now in two days, some asshole on the other team will just instantly unpause after everyone on our team tries to pause and ask nicely for a minute for reconnect. The first time it happened I reported the guy but nothing happened to them I assume because I didn't get a system notice.

Only report, try and get your team to report them too. Might higher the chances of them getting punishement.

Mordeccai

F!ReW!Re

Does anyone have a breakdown on the rarity of these things? If it's higher than like, 15% I might actually be willing to open the box. Though, 150 bucks in steam monies is probably just as useful to me as 90 bucks from selling the box itself tbh.

I don't think the drop rate of items in that box are known tbh...

boosh5

Banned
Last night, I had a Spirit Breaker on my team complaining that Timbersaw was OP. It was then that I knew I was in for a bad time.

Last night, I had a Spirit Breaker on my team complaining that Timbersaw was OP. It was then that I knew I was in for a bad time.

Timbersaw is slightly OP currently I think. Was even more OP when you couldn't stun him out of chain. He is like the best lvl 6-7 hero in the game at the moment. He nukes like a motherfucker, is tanky, has an escape, is almost unoutlanable mid with two points in RA and farms extremely fast due to everything he does being AEO. Even if he drops in efficiency after roughly 35 minutes, he's hilarously hard to kill if he's had a moderate early and mid game (which is basically a given).

shira

Does anyone have a breakdown on the rarity of these things? If it's higher than like, 15% I might actually be willing to open the box. Though, 150 bucks in steam monies is probably just as useful to me as 90 bucks from selling the box itself tbh.

I'm pretty sure it is even across the 9; I've opened 12. No reason to open them unless you really love playing Nyx, Voker, or Kunkka. Put them up on Steam Market and those Chinese re-sellers will snap them up instantly. There was something on reddit about how they can't trade keys on the perfectworld server or something - which is driving up item prices and non-key trading.

Timbersaw is slightly OP currently I think. Was even more OP when you couldn't stun him out of chain. He is like the best lvl 6-7 hero in the game at the moment. He nukes like a motherfucker, is tanky, has an escape, is almost unoutlanable mid with two points in RA and farms extremely fast due to everything he does being AEO. Even if he drops in efficiency after roughly 35 minutes, he's hilarously hard to kill if he's had a moderate early and mid game (which is basically a given).

Only the chain needs a nerf tbh. I lost count of how many times he has escaped me because the chain still works while stunned. -_-

Only the chain needs a nerf tbh. I lost count of how many times he has escaped me because the chain still works while stunned. -_-

You cannot chain away when getting stunned though. It got changed very recently. He was pretty broken then and is still mind bogglingly strong early and mid game.

shira

I played with an Australian who was complaining to our sniper that he couldn't use his passive stun properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom