• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Aw yeah here we go No Tide Hunter reunion on www.beyondthesummit.tv

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

t1381860300z1.png

#1 Alliance
3622-1365755134.jpeg

vs
5815-1381532476.jpeg

#10 Speed

ibenseQUc6glZe.png

http://dota2lounge.com/match?m=1172

iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
Dota2lounge is smart. No bets for the rematch this time.
t1382025600z1.png

Eternal Envy-sama who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy mouse,
thy mercy come,
thy draft be done,
in matchmaking, as it is in captains.
Give us this day our daily DotA,
and forgive us our inferior tactics,
as we have also forgiven those less skilled.
And lead us not into fanboyism,
but deliver us #TI4.
Amen

Stream = http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

boosh5

Banned
Timbersaw is slightly OP currently I think. Was even more OP when you couldn't stun him out of chain. He is like the best lvl 6-7 hero in the game at the moment. He nukes like a motherfucker, is tanky, has an escape, is almost unoutlanable mid with two points in RA and farms extremely fast due to everything he does being AEO. Even if he drops in efficiency after roughly 35 minutes, he's hilarously hard to kill if he's had a moderate early and mid game (which is basically a given).

Oh, I know Timbersaw is pretty tough, but in my opinion, Spirit Breaker is pretty much the only hero at the moment that has no room to complain about something being OP, especially in the normal human being pub matches I play in, I have no idea about pro level stuff.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Honestly I think Huskar is the only hero who can perhaps genuinely be called overpowered (hence his unavailability in CM). Other heroes have their annoyances in pubs and will certainly continue to be tweaked, but not to the point of being a true problem really.

Oh, I know Timbersaw is pretty tough, but in my opinion, Spirit Breaker is pretty much the only hero at the moment that has no room to complain about something being OP, especially in the normal human being pub matches I play in, I have no idea about pro level stuff.

SB isn't exactly OP but fairly easy to do well with as he is very easy to play and his counters are smart play and generally thinks most normal tier players are simply overstrained with. By the way, SB vs Timber is not a favourable match up for SB. He cannot outburst before you outburst him at almost any point in the early and mid game - which by the way is SB's best time interval as well.

Seriously, go mid with Timber, go a 1-0-2-0 at lvl 3 and 4-0-2-1 at level 7 (1 point in chain at lvl 8) and wreck havoc with a sub 20 minute Bloodstone which is basically inevitable as the mid lane will grant you solo XP and good farm. Your two points in Reactive Armor along with a stout shield make you sustain in the lane FOREVER. And early game, basically nobody can stand up to you so there's little one can do against a snowballing Timber honestly.

Razzer

Honestly I think Huskar is the only hero who can perhaps genuinely be called overpowered (hence his unavailability in CM). Other heroes have their annoyances in pubs and will certainly continue to be tweaked, but not to the point of being a true problem really.

Yeah, Huskar is OP in all situations, by which I mean he is when the teams are unorganised and when they are organised. Heroes like SB thrive off a lack of coordination which makes them strong in pubs, whereas wisp and batrider thrive in an organised effort from the team so they are very strong in competitive.

He's basically the only hero when last picked in an all pick match against a team which lacks any of the common counters (Axe, Bane, Timber, OD and so forth) that ruins a game. There's literally no point in even trying.

Yeah, Huskar is OP in all situations, by which I mean he is when the teams are unorganised and when they are organised. Heroes like SB thrive off a lack of coordination which makes them strong in pubs, whereas wisp and batrider thrive in an organised effort from the team so they are very strong in competitive.

I solo queue Batrider quite frequently (100+ games, 4.5 KDA) and he's really not that team dependent. Early game, he can solo kill anyone and is absolutely un-fucking-lanable against. Later on, people usually grasp the concept of punching the shit ouf of the red-circled dude in my lasso. It's really no big deal.
He's broken as fuck but pubs build shit items on him, don't know how to play him and are too dumb to manage 4 actives + Blink Dagger + Force Staff.

KingKong

Is this BO5? I think the guys on the BTS stream yesterday said that. Anyway looking forward to the games.

yeah, bo5. kind of weird for a tiebreaker for a playoff spot but hey more games

also NaVi vs Liquid is going to start an hour after Alliance vs Kaipi

Gav47

If there was only one between now and next year what would you guys prefer, new hero, custom game tools, custom hero tools?

elyetis

If there was only one between now and next year what would you guys prefer, new hero, custom game tools, custom hero tools?
Since that single hero would most likely be LC, I would probably choose custom hero tools over it ( we would get dota 1 parity like 1 month after that from modder, no doubt about that ). Thought in itself I'm not fond of it since custom hero would be limited to private game which lack matchmaking.

Now between a LC + techies release and custom game tools + custome hero tools + free hats + diretide + santa is real; I would choose the answer involving techies.

ElyrionX

Do Bottles automatically refill when picked up by another hero? I'm asking because I am watching a replay of a game where one hero drops an empty Bottle near a tower, another hero ports in from the fountain and picks up the Bottle and the Bottle shows up as having 0 charges in his inventory and immediately refilling to 3 charges. Or is it because that hero still retains the healing effect from the fountain which causes the Bottle to assume it is near the fountain and hence it refills itself?

Baha

Do Bottles automatically refill when picked up by another hero? I'm asking because I am watching a replay of a game where one hero drops an empty Bottle near a tower, another hero ports in from the fountain and picks up the Bottle and the Bottle shows up as having 0 charges in his inventory and immediately refilling to 3 charges. Or is it because that hero still retains the healing effect from the fountain which causes the Bottle to assume it is near the fountain and hence it refills itself?

This.

Razzer

Game tools here too. You can get another hero or the possibility of the next Dota being made by the community. Not much of a comparison really.

shira

Oh hey kiddles, want some luckboxes and a cute hoodie for $50 $40?
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/178b/?srp=1

178b_dota_2_brewmaster_hoodie.jpg
Repost for new page. You get a $80ish dollar Luckbock for $40 + shipping using the PREPNOW code (code ends today)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/1no0mf/h_ti3_genuine_item_orders_brewmaster_lockless/
Not sure if this guy is legit since I haven't used him, but if you are outside the US and just want the code - and not the swag jacket or anything on the Valve/thinkgeek/jinx stores etc - this guy will take the clothing and send you the codes - nice offer if you don't like paying those nasty customs fees.

ElyrionX

I just looked up at the custom Waning Rift animation that comes with Puck's Aether Wings. Is it just me or does it look virtually the same as the default animation? I was thinking of trading for the Aether Wings but now that I've seen the animation, I'm feeling somewhat underwhelmed.

Jebus, is soul ring jungle Huskar a legit strat? [cringe]

Makes sense.

Soul ring lowers your health, which in turn gives you attack speed, and also allows you to cast heal on yourself, which when stacked with the passive soul ring regen makes for a nice sustain.

I'd say yes, unusual, but legit.

shira

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE BUYBACK THINGS
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=109826

Axe is back
- Culling Blade no longer goes on cooldown if it successfully kills a hero

Dendi will win games solo
Pudge
- Can now use Blink Dagger

Veno
- Plague Wards now have Poison Sting for 50% of the damage at the current skilled level (When both Venomancer and a Plague Ward affect a target, only the highest dps is applied)

Shadow Blade
- Shadow Walk cooldown increased from 18 to 28

Linken's Sphere
- Linken's Sphere can now be cast on an allied hero to transfer the buff
WTF WTF WTF

ksan

holy fucking shit shit shit
Brewmaster Agha Remake said:
- Reworked Primal Split Aghanim upgrade.
Spoiler:

No longer upgrades any stats, cd, duration, etc on Aghanim.
Instead, it now grants Thunderclap to Earth, Drunken Haze to Storm, and Drunken Brawler to Fire.
The skills granted are at the same level as Brewmaster's skills.
Cooldowns are independent of the original Brewmaster.

I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's definitely gonna be the most fun hero ever

Razzer

Site went down haha

Edit: Batrider base damage nerf seems to make him less of an easy lane, how significant will that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom