• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Can you play this game casually?

I have a young son that wakes up occasionally late at night (the only time I have to play) and if that happens, I'd basically be dropping the match.

Is there a scrub / casual league or am I better off not touching the game since I'd be hurting the people I play with?

Boken

Banned
sadly i dont think you can play any moba with that kind of commitment

league of legends has slightly shorter matches though, so that could be a possibility - but even then i doubt it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I have a young son that wakes up occasionally late at night (the only time I have to play) and if that happens, I'd basically be dropping the match.

Is there a scrub / casual league or am I better off not touching the game since I'd be hurting the people I play with?

You'll get punished by the auto detection system if you "abandon" too many games, it's not a good game unless you know you can commit 30 minutes to an hour.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Question, why did someone just buy 195 Staff of Faith wards?

Edit: Oh, the old ones are now Elder/Vintage. Ok. So people are weird.

52club

I just got a shitload of presents, each with a new one inside. I got a load of stuff (10 of them). Each with a bunch inside. Anyone else?

KuroNeeko

league of legends has slightly shorter matches though, so that could be a possibility - but even then i doubt it.

You'll get punished by the auto detection system if you "abandon" too many games, it's not a good game unless you know you can commit 30 minutes to an hour.

Thanks for the replies!

Saw the update for the Christmas event and thought I'd give it a spin. You two pretty confirmed what I'd been worrying about thought. That's all right, I still have plenty to play!

Thanks again!

AND THEY SAID I WAS CRAZY TO DO THE FULL 75% OFF.

MUqTG4X.png

SHAGBARKS FOR EVERY ONE
I'm guessing I'll never be able to sell my items from my levels 1-9 chests right?
No they are untradable.

You could play against bots in single player I guess.

GorillaJu

The team I beat WN with was

Axe Sven LC Jakiro Omni

Axe is very good. Battle Hunger became a 20-second buff that adds life steal. Decapitate became an AE leap that has the same properties. It's very useful.

I just kept buffing LC and Sven, they were ripping through shit like crazy.

I think WR or CM could replace Omni or Jakiro.

Soule

So I managed to beat normal difficulty of Wraith-Night with some randoms, everyone I've encountered so far has been really friendly, much more relaxing game mode.

NBtoaster

Beat wraith night (normal mode) with Legion Commander, Jakiro, CM, SF and Windrunner.

I was LC, acted as a tank with vanguard, treads, armlet and ac. I got a deso too but it would have been better to go heart.

vanguard is very good for the mode.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Wraith Night is super fun.

A friend gifted me the Arcana set and it looks amazing.

LC is totally boss at Wraith Night too.

Beat wraith night (normal mode) with Legion Commander, Jakiro, CM, SF and Windrunner.

I was LC, acted as a tank with vanguard, treads, armlet and ac. I got a deso too but it would have been better to go heart.

Battle Fury + Daedalus is the way to go for LC in my opinion.

Xyber

What courier did you get? I got the boar. I also got everything else you listed, so that semi-confirms that pretty much all the items (minus commons/uncommons?) are the same.

Yup, boar here as well. Would have been a little nicer if you had a chance between 3-4 different, since you can't sell or trade them anyway. Now we're just gonna see the boar for the most part instead.

Wunder

Yup, boar here as well. Would have been a little nicer if you had a chance between 3-4 different, since you can't sell or trade them anyway. Now we're just gonna see the boar for the most part instead.

yeah would be nice, but oh well! Better boar then shitty looking greevils

KingKong

Was I unlucky or did everyone get two repeat commons from the common chests? I assumed it was so we could use them in the WD taunt recipe but maybe I just have too many commons

Deadly

Has anyone beat this fucking thing yet? Haven't made it past round 6.
It's pretty easy when you have the right lineups. With LC,Axe,Veno,Lina,Drow it went really well. We survived WK for a hell of a time because we had no idea about the tombstones that were spawning the ghosts. Once we figured that out it went pretty easily.

I also have trouble finding a 1 hour window of "do not disturb" time.

SMITE has Arena and Domination game modes, which last around 14-18 mins. Assault (ARAM) lasts about 20. That's why I've been playing SMITE instead of Dota lately. Dota really needs a casual mode like that; I think it would get way more popular if people had a way to play without such a demanding time commitment.

God dammnit and I just bought a Shagbark on the market like 3 days ago :l

I'm not planning on selling it, but if I had known I could get it for like $8 less if I had waited a few days...

Huh.

Apparently, if you remove a Gem from an unmarketable item, even if the gem itself is supposed to be marketeable, you can't sell it. It'll give me the option in-game, but when it directs me to the loadout to actually put it up, it's not there.

That kind of sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom