• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Another Patch out, fixes the Fragment Exchange, also makes it possible to have Map Preference.

Both maps are off by default, so make sure to turn some on in Preferences.

K.Sabot

Next, I hope the next patch gives us some way of seeing who has favor or not.

So many people asking for favor stacks and one or two people are just there to leech.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Don't solo queue when you are tired to play against coordinated 5 stacks.
I'm fuckin mad and I only lost 2 games (0-2 in placement).

Fragment figures have been fixed (np).

CZNwqae.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
2 more then before, oh boy!

But I do like the new scaling much more. I wonder how rare that Foulfell shard will be after this event. My gut says they are going to be really easy to get in the next event, but then it doesn't make since that they are so damn hard to get right now (Unless Valve just sees them as a 'bonus')

Anyone know if putting a Wards purchased gem in a ward item works right?

2 more then before, oh boy!

But I do like the new scaling much more. I wonder how rare that Foulfell shard will be after this event. My gut says they are going to be really easy to get in the next event, but then it doesn't make since that they are so damn hard to get right now (Unless Valve just seems them as a 'bonus')
ghostbusters_movie_image_01.jpeg

GorillaJu

I'm just gonna save as many fragments as possible for the time being and figure out what to do later. In one 50 minute ish session with a pub group I got 4400 shining fragments. Seemed a comfortable amount given the time invested.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how many moneys I'm going to spends on the Wraith King Favors. This first one will likely run out, but will my mood to play the mode hold out for anther 9 hours after that?

Do stat tracking gems work at all in Wraith Night?

Also, Matt, do you think the "Raving Aristocrat" 'soul gem' is going to be related to a Pit Lord cosmetic item?

I wonder how many moneys I'm going to spends on the Wraith King Favors. This first one will likely run out, but will my mood to play the mode hold out for anther 9 hours after that?

Do stat tracking gems work at all in Wraith Night?

Also, Matt, do you think the "Raving Aristocrat" 'soul gem' is going to be related to a Pit Lord cosmetic item?

Wouldn't "Raving Aristocrat" match Lycan or Skywrath more? They're both nobles in their lore aren't they? I guess Abyssal Lord is a lord.

ElyrionX

Got a Jugg Kataginu vest from the welcome gift. I already have one so I posted the tradable one I have up on D2 Lounge. Got a few offers within a short period of time. This guy added me and without me even asking for anything, he offered me 1 uncommon and 4 commons for the vest, none of them trash. Of course I accepted the trade, no questions asked. I don't get it though. That particular set of Jugg seems to be really popular despite being not very new. Why are people so obssessed with it?

played some ranked today, went 2-3.

The players in every game were x10 more toxic and assholeish than usual.

like more all talk trash talking,rapid pinging and gg calls at 5 minutes

I hope it might get better when I get my MMR, but people are always going to be douchey on any ranked gamemode .

Liseda

I'm trying to figure out what this gem does.

EzsKL6W.jpg

Anyone got any idea?
Wild guess: terrorblade? (killed during metamorphis?) - something with sf new model? - inc terrorblade + SF model patch?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I'm wondering about the reaction time required on that one.

Also YOU SHOULD BE CONSIDERING MY BUSINESS ADVICE. Make an LC set so Dendi can wear it and so you can get lots of $$$

lol I know right!? I've been watching his stream ALL day and he's played LC like 10 times xD

Nokterian

Those where some fun surprises when opening them thank you valve! Now to get to level 35 and get that mythical open. Pretty cool to have a new courier,hud,announcer other items for those hero's and crafting stuff! Also bought a Bristleback item set since there so cheap now.

Hylian7

So I ran into the same guy in Ranked solo queue twice in a row, and almost a 3rd time where he was on the other team during loading. Turns out that guy was GAFfer Hellish!

GorillaJu

Earth Spirit is more balanced than before but he's still incredibly strong. The major change is that he's actually killable at lower levels, which is nice, he won't snowball so much with his early arcanes, mek and force.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah. His ult was absurdly (hilariously) strong, let's not forget, and that wasn't touched at all. The hero was kicked down a notch, but is still plenty capable in the right hands.

Also!

Also, question - has anyone seen the new QoP kinetic gem? Does anyone even know how to get it? I am guessing the other new kinetic gems are randomly included with the new gear pieces, like the CM gem might come with one of her new hats, for example. QoP doesn't have any new gear this patch though, so I'm a little unsure. Haven't seen the gem on the Steam Marketplace either, even though some of the others are listed.

I'd really like to attach this gem to my Ruby Web wings. Still haven't seen it on the Steam Marketplace either, no. I'm wondering if it's even obtainable right now.

Haunted

played some ranked today, went 2-3.

The players in every game were x10 more toxic and assholeish than usual.

like more all talk trash talking,rapid pinging and gg calls at 5 minutes

I hope it might get better when I get my MMR, but people are always going to be douchey on any ranked gamemode .
It's funny how a [supposed] upper tier of competition - say... something like ixdl or now this new ranked MM is so similar to the very lowest trench. :lol

Where people think they're better than they are and have no respect for other players.

NBtoaster

It seems like MMR is just adding or subtracting 25 when you win or lose. After calibration.

Maybe it changes more on super stomps or something. I've only had games where I've done okay to bad.

parasight

Does the Mythical Tusk glove not come with the new Walrus Punch? I have yet to find one that has the Kinetic gem, let alone the gem itself.

GorillaJu

Sand King radiance is also pretty good on WN.

God damn once you actually get your ranking it's hell finding a match. Was 1-2 minutes before I got my ranking now its 10-ish.

G.ZZZ

Lost my 9th game in a row, my last placement match. Copper tier is 4100. Sadly you can't really random this mode, people flame you and your team start with bad morale, plus people tend to counterpick so much more. Ranked too hard for me #merlinislayer #30th DSR in the world

Hylian7

Lost my 9th game in a row, my last placement match. Copper tier is 4100. Sadly you can't really random this mode, people flame you and your team start with bad morale, plus people tend to counterpick so much more. Ranked too hard for me #merlinislayer #30th DSR in the world
I highly doubt copper tier is 4100 when the pros are in the 5ks.

I hope they show an updated bell curve for the ranked MMRs after a few weeks so we have a better idea what these numbers mean. Obviously high = good and low = bad, but I'm really curious to know where most of the player base falls. I would be shocked if somehow 4000 is the bottom 10%.

Haunted

If I ever get around to my placement matches, I'll tell you what the points for the potato bracket are.

Did the "stronger sense of purpose" bit in the update blog just refer to the training missions and the last hit training?

Wraith King's model looks awesome, but his run animation is... goofy, to put it mildly. :lol

K.Sabot

Guys, I'm mainly a support player. What hero should I use for Wraith Night?

Omni if you want to support hardcore. All the others do some sort of psuedo carry, save for CM who nobody uses.

Also Shadow Shaman is great for the early phases and ward trapping Wraith King at the end.

Guys, I'm mainly a support player. What hero should I use for Wraith Night?

Omni is really good. I played him yesterday, Repel is a lifesaver against some enemies (Leshrac, Pudge), Degen Aura is cool because it also slows the attack speed of the enemies (and the range is way bigger than in normal Dota) and his ulti can save your ass in a bad situation.

I think Wraith Night is the best custom mode they've made yet. Really fun, especially when you're a 5 stack.

G.ZZZ

I highly doubt copper tier is 4100 when the pros are in the 5ks.

I hope they show an updated bell curve for the ranked MMRs after a few weeks so we have a better idea what these numbers mean. Obviously high = good and low = bad, but I'm really curious to know where most of the player base falls. I would be shocked if somehow 4000 is the bottom 10%.

I think 4000 is about 95% tbh. You have to consider that point difference is just an indication of how probable is to win. For example, 4000 may be 95%, and 4500 99%, but the point is that when you're average, is harder to win consistently. In terms of skill, between a 95% and a 99%, there's probably as much as between a 75% and a 95%. Then there's a huge difference between a 99% and a pubstar (all those over 5000 rating), and then between a pubstar to a talented pubstar or pro (see mason, 5900 rating, he's probably the top rating in the world).

Seeing in terms of percentile is misleading. If you think of real sports for example, a 95% percentile would probably play in amateur leagues, a 99% in lower leagues, and a 0.01% in Serie A or whatever the equivalent.

Radec

I hope VG wins this one for the game 3.

Also, thank God joindota also casting this.

I can't stand the guys in beyondthesummit now. awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom