• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope now they have to work on balancing and by fixing this new patch

First by reintroducing fountain hooks. Chen is the least played character and people who use Pudge miss all of the time. The fountain hooks were almost never seen in tournaments anyways. Now Chen is played even less and is a useless hero.

Demoli

Man, I love me some AM sometimes, that feeling when coming out of the jungle and just wrecking everyone with manta/bfly/heart is amazing.

On an nunrelated note, does anyone have a link to that video with the dota carachters playing Dungeons and Dragons? I can't find the video for the life of me.

BraXzy

Jeez. I've not played for awhile, had a game just now as TA. Damn it was possibly the tensest I've played. At the start I kept misclicking and doing stupid stuff because of being a little rusty, and with TA you need to be clicking the right buttons and timing them right or you're dead so I had a few dumb deaths and kill losses due to bad play. I didn't really roam early which was dumb.

Partly because of that, and partly because we had a 3 support team, we were getting demolished mid game. Warlock and his golems, Zeus and his nukes, with windrunner at the back ulting all of us and bristle at the front tanking most of the damage, most of our team fights ended horribly.

But we started to pick up the items, me and faceless started getting kills, and we somehow turned it around. It probably seemed more epic because it's been awhile but damn, this is why this game is so fun.

Match ID if anyone is interested: http://dotabuff.com/matches/351475628

Kard8p3

First by reintroducing fountain hooks. Chen is the least played character and people who use Pudge miss all of the time. The fountain hooks were almost never seen in tournaments anyways. Now Chen is played even less and is a useless hero.

I take it you have no idea how to play Chen? He is far from useless.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I

don't

get

it

1ujrCas.png

We pushed as fast as we could. We had both Lesh and Shadow Shaman, both great pushers, we took towers fast. We had a rax by thirty minutes and another by forty. We still couldn't end it fast enough.

I mean what the fuck are you supposed to do? I don't see how you push fast enough unless you also have Pugna and Natures Prophet. Which you're never going to get in a mode that isn't All Pick. Except in AP no-one is going to pick lancer until the last second anyway so then you would just have to always play that four man hyper push strat constantly just in case. Which would get boring as shit incredibly fast.

How the hell do you take the Ancient before Lancer turns on? You can't dedicate two guys to killing him over and over without losing the rest of the map, and thats what you do need to do to keep him from farming, even giving him ten minutes is too much.

Satch

Banned
they even counterpicked your Invoker with OD

and that OD looks to have laid waste to all who opposed his might

there was no hope for you

im sorry

The Technomancer

they even counterpicked your Invoker with OD

and that OD looks to have laid waste to all who opposed his might

there was no hope for you

im sorry

I need a mode that has bans that isn't captains mode. I can't always get a five stack together even with 120 Steam friends and there's no way I'm risking getting a captain who barely cares and just picks at random so he can play Void or whatever

bzm

I need a mode that has bans that isn't captains mode. I can't always get a five stack together even with 120 Steam friends and there's no way I'm risking getting a captain who barely cares and just picks at random so he can play Void or whatever

I feel like that mode exists.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How pipe dreamy does this sound. $250 Prize pool tournament for North America over the weekend of November 15-17?

Allow for 64 teams, Bo1 until Ro4, then make it Bo3, do the entire Ro8 on Sunday with one of the NEL caters.

Against that lineup? Only having one set of rax at 30 minutes isn't enough. :-(

The key is after taking all their outer towers by 20 minutes or so, ward up everything so they can leave safely to begin to catch up. Get Rohan an take a lane or two of rax. Keep them suppressed, then repeat.

I'd have to watch the replay for more thoughts.

The Technomancer

Against that lineup? Only having one set of rax at 30 minutes isn't enough. :-(

The key is after taking all their outer towers by 20 minutes or so, ward up everything so they can leave safely to begin to catch up. Get Rohan an take a lane or two of rax. Keep them suppressed, then repeat.

I'd have to watch the replay for more thoughts.

I'm not going to say we didn't make mistakes. But goddamn if any one hero requires that you be completely on point all game its that one. There's no give and take. Every inch you give you never get back.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How pipe dreamy does this sound. $250 Prize pool tournament for North America over the weekend of November 15-17?

Allow for 64 teams, Bo1 until Ro4, then make it Bo3, do the entire Ro8 on Sunday with one of the NEL caters.

$250... prize pool... with 64 teams?

Yeah okay Kirbs, put down the liquor and go to bed.

bzm

Anyway, milk and I were talking and we have an idea we want to run by you all.
We want to have a mid-tier gaf tourney, and we were willing to throw some money into a pot for it. We think it would be a lot of fun to have the not-us teams play each other, since competition wouldn't be only rollovers, and you all could learn a lot from each other about drafting and playing cm and whatnot.

Anyone interested?

I'm not going to say we didn't make mistakes. But goddamn if any one hero requires that you be completely on point all game its that one. There's no give and take. Every inch you give you never get back.
Yea I hear you. I just feel like...idunno. They had the late game, so the priorities were in the right order.

What was the detection game looking like? With a bat rider and, aggressive wards, shoulda been no issue to pick him off repeatedly.

Also, with the big leadi assumed your team created, why is Morph so poor? He damn near go out farmed by everyone on the other team. Also, where was everyone else's farm? Should have been two free jungles created just for your team with wards.

Haly

We want to have a mid-tier gaf tourney, and we were willing to throw some money into a pot for it. We think it would be a lot of fun to have the not-us teams play each other, since competition wouldn't be only rollovers, and you all could learn a lot from each other about drafting and playing cm and whatnot.

Anyone interested?

Stealth "get on our levels" post.

Kard8p3

Anyone interested?

Just as long as I don't have to play you again for a long long time ;)

Also, PM me or message me on steam, I might have something that could help you with this, but no promises.

Haly

I'm waiting for Legion Commander/6.79. And I'm doing A-Z man-mode challenge on my smurf.

Check it:

Naga Siren: W
Morphling: W
Mirana: L
Meepo: W
Medusa: W
Magnus: W
Lycanthrope: L
Luna: W

The Technomancer

Yea I hear you. I just feel like...idunno. They had the late game, so the priorities were in the right order.

What was the detection game looking like? With a bat rider and, aggressive wards, shoulda been no issue to pick him off repeatedly.

Also, with the big leadi assumed your team created, why is Morph so poor? He damn near go out farmed by everyone on the other team. Also, where was everyone else's farm? Should have been two free jungles created just for your team with wards.

Vision wasn't so great. Part of the problem may have been that we didn't make ganking Lancer a priority. I can't speak for the others but I felt that it would take too much time to keep him down in any consistent fashion and we needed to be moving faster then that. To make a significant dent in PLs farm I think you need to kill him at least once every five minutes and that was time we wouldn't be spending pushing out. As soon as I got my Wards as Shaman we basically began a barrel-down strat where three or four of us would commit to a lane and go in until we had taken the next tower. They would meet us and we'd go back and forth. They usually emerged on top in terms of kills, but not crazily so. At like 30 minutes I want to say they led us roughly 30-22 but we had taken at least six towers and the middle rax. The problem was, well, twofold: OD finally started wrecking us in the lategame and we had to bounce back and forth between pushing and defending to keep the PL army from singlehandedly taking one of our rax in the blink of an eye.

I'm not sure why Morph is so poor. A lot of the kills went towards me or Invoker I suppose because we had a lot of DoT and AoE

G.ZZZ

I'm in always for copper tier games

EDIT: will legion be able to jungle decently now? Iirc she relied a bit on small camps early on.

EDIT: yeah patch on monday so i have to wait till friday to play again ZZZZ

Low Tier
Vision wasn't so great. Part of the problem may have been that we didn't make ganking Lancer a priority. I can't speak for the others but I felt that it would take too much time to keep him down in any consistent fashion and we needed to be moving faster then that. To make a significant dent in PLs farm I think you need to kill him at least once every five minutes and that was time we wouldn't be spending pushing out. As soon as I got my Wards as Shaman we basically began a barrel-down strat where three or four of us would commit to a lane and go in until we had taken the next tower. They would meet us and we'd go back and forth. They usually emerged on top in terms of kills, but not crazily so. At like 30 minutes I want to say they led us roughly 30-22 but we had taken at least six towers and the middle rax. The problem was, well, twofold: OD finally started wrecking us in the lategame and we had to bounce back and forth between pushing and defending to keep the PL army from singlehandedly taking one of our rax in the blink of an eye.

I'm not sure why Morph is so poor. A lot of the kills went towards me or Invoker I suppose because we had a lot of DoT and AoE

batrider has 1 kill

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm waiting for Legion Commander/6.79. And I'm doing A-Z man-mode challenge on my smurf.

Check it:

Naga Siren: W
Morphling: W
Mirana: L
Meepo: W
Medusa: W
Magnus: W
Lycanthrope: L
Luna: W

u wot m8

dude there was a 34-6-14 OD, 34 and fuckin 6. They would have crushed yall that game regardless of a PL. Stick a tuskar there and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Hylian7

Anyone interested?

Yes.

The Technomancer

Anyone interested?

Does everyone on the team need to be on GAF? Brax and I had a team we were trying to put together a while back but one of the main members (at least) doesn't post here

bzm

Does everyone on the team need to be on GAF? Brax and I had a team we were trying to put together a while back but one of the main members (at least) doesn't post here

I wasn't thinking about that being a requirement, as I don't think there are enough people to make enough 100% gaf teams. The more the better, of course, but so long as its headed by a gaffer I think it should be fine. Also I'd appreciate it if you all kept it casual and didn't go out to find some supXgosu`PRO type player to carry you. I'd rather this be more about friendly competition than winning/money or whatever.

Do we even have enough members of Dota 2 GAF to form more than 3 teams?

From whats already been said to me seems like we have 4 potential candidates already.

edit: speaking of supXgosu`PRO: no kag bros allowed

Artanisix

To add onto bzm's post, it'd just be a cool little amateur tournament specifically for GAFfers. Me and bzm (and possibly a few others) will put down a small amount of prize money (somewhere around $75 - $200), no entry fee, just something neat and fun for the community over the course of one or two days. Would definitely be streamed and commentated. We get a kick out of watching GAFfers stream and this is like taking it to the next step.

Not sure on any details aside from the above (what mode, how long will it go for, format, etc.), but it's something we wouldn't mind getting off the ground in the near future.

Haly

I'm playing every hero in alphabetical order (reversed because astroboy is doing it in order).

Let me tell you man, that Pugna/Morphling game was hard.

It's pretty fun though, what you do is this:

1) Get a queueing partner/s (it's more fun as a group).
2) Pick a random number from 1-(# of heroes). This is hero you start with.
3) Pick whether you're going in order (A-Z), or reverse order (Z-A), or some other kind of order as long as it hits every hero once. It's better if not everyone's going in the same order.
4) Every time you queue together, stick with the order, no matter what.

I imagine this would be pretty hectic with a team of 4-5.
It ain't a tournament until Dreams picks Dusa.

Naturally, I'm in.

I want to see this 6.79 Dreams Dusa.

G.ZZZ

To add onto bzm's post, it'd just be a cool little amateur tournament specifically for GAFfers. Me and bzm (and possibly a few others) will put down a small amount of prize money (somewhere around $75 - $200), no entry fee, just something neat and fun for the community over the course of one or two days. Would definitely be streamed and commentated. We get a kick out of watching GAFfers stream and this is like taking it to the next step.

Not sure on any details aside from the above (what mode, how long will it go for, format, etc.), but it's something we wouldn't mind getting off the ground in the near future.

How'd you decide who's copper tier and who's not?

Shinypogs

I am possibly the worst Alchemist that has ever existed, also the worst Luna, Chaos knight, PA and anti mage :(

Co-op vs ai exists so I can random into these heroes and discover just how bad I can still be at this game. I don't understand how I can moderately figure out puck and enigma on the fly but attempting to play any carry is just an unmitigated disaster. I think I'm done randoming and I'm just gonna do A-Z while avoiding all the carries.

Also crystal maiden continues to be my new fav hero to play against people, goodbye dark seer.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
$250... prize pool... with 64 teams?

Yeah okay Kirbs, put down the liquor and go to bed.
If the Hungarians can do it with $150, I should be able to do it with $250. 64 teams is just an upper limit, I would call even 16 teams with a few that are decent a success.

Haly

Most of high tier gaf know/have played with each other, and if there's a conflict you can just view a recent replay.
If the Hungarians can do it with $150, I should be able to do it with $250. 64 teams is just an upper limit, I would call even 16 teams with a few that are decent a success.

I would say 8, or maybe even 4, over a few days...

Just like what Milk and Bzm are proposing.

bzm

I think it's pretty much everyone that's not Milkman, bzm, 1.09, Procarbine, Haly, and Anbokr.

Milk and I came to the decision Anbokr is allowed to play, cuz hes trash.
Also, no offense to the other high level players out there like pillow, etc, but you guys are banned as well.

Sibylus

Banned

Anyone interested?
I am also in. Skills have probably decayed a shitton with the lower rate of play, but I'd sink a ton more time into this for a tourney.

The Technomancer

I wasn't thinking about that being a requirement, as I don't think there are enough people to make enough 100% gaf teams. The more the better, of course, but so long as its headed by a gaffer I think it should be fine. Also I'd appreciate it if you all kept it casual and didn't go out to find some supXgosu`PRO type player to carry you. I'd rather this be more about friendly competition than winning/money or whatever.

Yeah its me, Brax, Jakku, a friend of mine and another guy who...I think posts here but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom