• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

Anyone here ordered any of these?

I have the Vanguard coming my way.
dotavanguardshieldclrg2.jpg

Dahbomb

Might be if you get it early enough like before. Not much has changed really though. It really needs to be dissasaemblable.
I approve of this even though it might be too good for some heroes.

It would really help the following heroes:

Axe
Bristleback
Specter (if going for tank build)
Death Prophet
Timbersaw
Undying
Centaur
Tidehunter
Nightstalker
Necrolyte

You can go into Bloodstone from it or Battle Fury plus Heart or Pipe plus Heart or Refresher plus Heart or Battle Fury plus Atos or Pipe plus Atos or Refresher plus Atos.

Haunted

I have the Vanguard coming my way.
http://www.wetanz.com/assets/Uploads/dotavanguardshieldclrg2.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]

where the hell you gonna put that?

[quote="theMrCravens, post: 86662366"]Is there going to be a Diretide event or something new this year ?[/QUOTE]

yea.

[quote="sephi22, post: 86652091"]Nothing?
Because the Dota 2 community does not value taste when it comes to paying up the ass for rare items.
See: Alpine Stalker set

But I will be sent a request for confirmation a week before my orders ship. I won't be charged till they get shipped a la Amazon, and I can cancel my pre-order anytime. So if there's any item I don't like, I don't have to pay shit.[/QUOTE]

alpine stalker set is the bee's knees, sir. you take that back. or, that is my assumption based on the thousand-dollar offers I keep getting.

Sanjay

where the hell you gonna put that?

I want to see the quality of the item before I decide where I want to put it. In a display case, with the words, fallen shield of Spartacus or Athena son of Odin. Not really decided yet what to go with.

I also always have this option, replace the shield then go round dancing come Dandiya Raas time.
DRS2005-19.jpg

Sibylus

Banned
I was inkling over early BoT on Drow, 6.79 makes the pairing seem like it could really work. Every other boot is much slower now ( IF !Tranquils = BoT / ~2 ), you absolutely need to maintain that 225 radius gap between enemies and yourself, and now Drow's global split push power is in large part restored to her; Shadow Blade offers less utility in this respect post-patch.

At least from looking at everything together on paper, I think that what is perhaps the most effective way to play the hero now is to be constantly split pushing, dipping into the jungle or ancient stacking if driven off, and keeping the BoT active handy so that you can beam across the map if a teamfight breaks out. The ult bonus is still significant enough that you could probably get away with immediately following BoT with a BKB, after which point you're stupidly effective for a very long time.

Taking into account other balance tweaks, Sange and Yasha might actually be situationally good over a Manta Style now, taking into account the bonus MS disparity (16% vs 10%). Not only that, but Maim procs with Frost Arrows account for a 90% MS slow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Drow is bad Bo, I'm sorry but it's true.

She'll never be viable until the next remake.

SamVimes

Taking into account other balance tweaks, Sange and Yasha might actually be situationally good over a Manta Style now, taking into account the bonus MS disparity (16% vs 10%). Not only that, but Maim procs with Frost Arrows account for a 90% MS slow.

EE has been building sny every game on Drow i think.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So fucking tired of Spirit Breaker. I really hope the nerf fucks him up just so I can not always have to either instalock him in the RD pool or else know the enemy is going to take him and make us miserable. I'm just bored. I play Dota in large part because I like some goddamn diversity

Anteo

So fucking tired of Spirit Breaker. I really hope the nerf fucks him up just so I can not always have to either instalock him in the RD pool or else know the enemy is going to take him and make us miserable. I'm just bored. I play Dota in large part because I like some goddamn diversity

The "nerf" just makes his ult a little bit fair. Otherwise is mostly the same. He will need 2-3 more secs to get the kill, if he is ahead it wont matter

Anteo

That's gonna matter to pubbies who don't have their uninterruptable ultimate anymore.

Well I dont know, a lot of the time when I get initiated on pubs by bara, he rushes at me, stuns me and uses the ult right away. Very few people dont do this.
A friend of mine does this a lot too, and with great success, so is not like he misses kills for doing it this way

Sibylus

Banned
Drow is bad Bo, I'm sorry but it's true.

She'll never be viable until the next remake.
She's certainly flipped and flopped between bad and screamingly OP, but I think with this there's a half-decent chance they finally found a place that roughly sits somewhere in the middle. If for no other reason than they've got those failures as immediate reference.

If you're tired of any hero, you're not playing the right modes. Stop with the shithole that is AP.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
If you're tired of any hero, you're not playing the right modes. Stop with the shithole that is AP.

I'm in RD pretty exclusively. He's in every other pool it seems like. The problem is that, like Phantom Lancer and OD (although not so much OD anymore) if he's in the pool then he is going to get picked. The game has over a hundred heroes. Seeing the same annoying hero every other game is getting tiring.

G.ZZZ

Drow is pretty decent in some strats, and she has to be avoided against certain heroes (clock first come to mind). In pubs she own obviously, Treads MoM Daedalus and you kill anyone before they can even react. Now she'll have the global push aspect back too, pretty sick especially with Familiars and whatsnot.

p.s. why weren't familiar fixed? They should get stunned sleeped etc..

Gxgear

I want to see the quality of the item before I decide where I want to put it. In a display case, with the words, fallen shield of Spartacus or Athena son of Odin. Not really decided yet what to go with.

I also always have this option, replace the shield then go round dancing come Dandiya Raas time.

It'll be free with the sale of the cosmetic anyways, use it as a cheese plate if you have to.

I don't get him often anymore. I get Pudge almost every game.

Captain's mode is best mode.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dude's a Bounty Hunter, making his life painful early game is almost always going to be a productive use of time. Even if you fail at depriving him of XP, he's going to have to sacrifice a lot of his health and maybe his life to steal creeps.
If he constantly hides what does he care? He gets a much easier level 6 now and that's all bounty needs. Having the jungler and supports spending money on sentries in the hopes of finding him or randomly dusting is just extra harassment for him. At least with the old pull he had to contest it

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The best part about the 6.79 patch is that they're done with balancing for now and the whole team can finally focus on adding the 10 unreleased heroes that are left.
Nope now they have to work on balancing and by fixing this new patch

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's bad enough that rune spawning is random and that ends up having an impact on the game. Now Roshan spawn is semi random meaning characters like TA and NP are buffed because they can have the location scouted without actually hindering their own game flow that much.
This is probably going to end up being another stupid change that just promotes camping and makes prophet even better cause he can split push and scout with little consequence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom