• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiore

Banned
Regarding the tournament, will there be a list of players who will be in?

BTW if anyone needs an additional player I am available

Loomba

So after 643 hours I had my first uninstall.. it's been 3 days and going through mad withdrawal hah.

I was Death Prophet, we also had a broodmother and furion. I destroyed mid, went 6-0 and then started pushing. Asked them to split push, they asked what that was....

Then they all started feeding for no reason and then after 52 mins the enemy pushed once through mid even though we still had all of our towers and won. I was fuming.

Shengar

So after 643 hours I had my first uninstall.. it's been 3 days and going through mad withdrawal hah.

I was Death Prophet, we also had a broodmother and furion. I destroyed mid, went 6-0 and then started pushing. Asked them to split push, they asked what that was....

Then they all started feeding for no reason and then after 52 mins the enemy pushed once through mid even though we still had all of our towers and won. I was fuming.

Remind me to not solo queueing when I'm jumped to the game.

Calidor

grats on the tournament!

for those who lacks a team to play with, may I suggest dota2tmm.com It's useful to start a team and find players with a specific position/hero, similar interests, skills, timezones

I don't have a team either, so I started a new one: http://www.dota2tmm.com/team/216 apply if interested

Razzer

Available to play if anyone has a spare slot in their team. No chance I can make my own so would be pleased if someone could find me a home. I'm about 150 games or so but also plenty of not matches practising heroes. I can support, offlane and some carries. Just don't give me micro or invoker.

snack

0479__how_to_dodge_pudge_hook_guide_by_agito666-d6rmcgm.jpg

ElyrionX

Had 1.5 practice matches with bots before diving into a full game as Invoker in a 4-man stack. Went to offlane with a WR because my friend was playing TA mid (his strongest hero) and the stranger on our team went top with FV. We ended up winning and I was 4-3 despite constantly having to fend off ganks from the opposing Timbersaw. Not bad, I must say. Invoker is a ton of fun to play. The mechanics of pressing quas/wex/exort before invoking a spell is immensely satisfying. Looking forward to more games now.

Has anyone tried Jakiro yet? I was thinking of putting early points into Liquid Fire and using it to orb harass in lane. Not sure if it's viable though, since I'd have to take points away from early Dual Breath, which is his only source of reliable damage.

I'm currently 23-5 with Jakiro and I can't stress how good liquid fire is.

A 0 mana, short cooldown, high damage AoE?

You absolutely want to max liquid fire first on him. You can basically zone people completely out of the lane with this. Every time they get close, use liquid fire on them, and should they dare to man up, ice path them and back off, eventually if they drop low enough, go for the kill, liquid fire > ice path > auto attack until stun wears off, dual breath and you should be able to use liquid fire again by that time. Ez kills ez lane.

Oh and it also burns down towers.

༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽__________ᕤ HOOK HIM

Idk why not more teams are picking Medusa with that ridiculous ult.

Well she was only added to CM recently and people hadn't had enough time to figure out how good she was/where to put her. 6.79 though I'm not sure she's very favorable with the changes since she requires so much farm. Na`Vi made it work in this game, but it was more just failings on Empire's part. If appropriately punished/contested she's certainly much weaker.

ViviOggi

Well she was only added to CM recently and people hadn't had enough time to figure out how good she was/where to put her. 6.79 though I'm not sure she's very favorable with the changes since she requires so much farm. Na`Vi made it work in this game, but it was more just failings on Empire's part. If appropriately punished/contested she's certainly much weaker.

I think the so much farm part isn't valid anymore, her new ult alone brings so much to early midgame teamfights as long as the rest of your team has some decent damage output. The recent mystic snake change makes it even better.

As is true of any hard carry (ask their Luna) without a built in escape mechanism.

But that's why they picked the lineup they went for, which is a perfect comp for Dusa. The other 4 heroes provide so much harassment, the other team doesn't have time to worry about the Dusa that's free farming. They have their hands full with just the other 4. Also, once Dusa hits 6, she becomes a couple of orders of magnitude more difficult to gank. You can pop the ult and walk away from most ganks and the cooldown is reasonably low on it.

Nothing really changed with Dusa. It's just a matter of whether your other 4 teammates can apply pressure for the first 10 minutes of the game. If they can win or get an even draw out of the first 10-15, you'll be in good position to win with Dusa. I can count on my hands the number of games with Dusa I've lost where we won or broke even early game. However, the number of losses where mid got destroyed are numerous. Mystic snakes are, as they said, the midgame destruction build. Na'Vi wanted the game decided in the 15-25 minute span of game time and they built accordingly and succeeded. Nice thing about Dusa is that she affords a midgame skill build that is very, very effective or a late game skill build that is very, very effective.

Dahbomb

Clarifications on the tournament rules: What's a mid tier player?

This is my Dotabuff, so I'm at 47% Win rate with about 230 matches played
http://dotabuff.com/players/34554679

I'm definitely lower than mid tier, but my teammates have variable wins from 600-1000. Want a clarification.
Stats are not really relevant, someone has to watch you play. Your teammates have to be from GAF to be in a team.

I think the problem isn't that someone is Mid/Low tier player, it's if someone is a very high tier player. So you would be fine in this tournament.

Also Chinese DOTA has been pretty exciting as of late. Lich + SK + ES on one team reminds me of super old school DOTA composition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom