• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

Had 1.5 practice matches with bots before diving into a full game as Invoker in a 4-man stack. Went to offlane with a WR because my friend was playing TA mid (his strongest hero) and the stranger on our team went top with FV. We ended up winning and I was 4-3 despite constantly having to fend off ganks from the opposing Timbersaw. Not bad, I must say. Invoker is a ton of fun to play. The mechanics of pressing quas/wex/exort before invoking a spell is immensely satisfying. Looking forward to more games now.

No offense but since you are learning how to play him I would suggest keep playing him mid first, you need to learn how to handle yourself there, etc.

Because that's gonna be where you will play him most anyway. He needs mid for the xp, because he needs the early level advantage..
Not saying you can't lane him but wouldn't advise in doing so when learning him.

Kirby don't make me dig up that screenshot of you feeding over 100 kills in a single match.

dyf5.png

geetec

Neo Member
A stun doesn't stop the health regen.

Yesterday I had a natures profit sprout me while in my ult form and try and right click me. I just stood there and later walked away with full health.

I know it doesn't. The stun just keeps him in place, basically preventing him to get away. Whether that's teleporting out (because of ridiculous regen like you said), or maybe even using Shadow Blade to get away.

Low Tier
It really, really is. Don't know why JoinDOTA can't just accept Twitch. Own3d is gone, Twitch has won.

It's hilarious actually, the Dailymotion stream sound is speeding up and making everybody sound like they're talking on Helium.

the tournament's sponsored by dailymotion

woodland

Anyone else play on Mac? My windows partition has no space for more patches so Can't play on that. Tried booting up on OSX today and first got an OpenGL error, so updated and restarted. Now, booting Dota 2 just crashes steam.

Halp I have no more classes and haven't dota-ed in awhile.

JustinBB7

It really, really is. Don't know why JoinDOTA can't just accept Twitch. Own3d is gone, Twitch has won.

It's hilarious actually, the Dailymotion stream sound is speeding up and making everybody sound like they're talking on Helium.

They're forced to use dailymotion because they sponsor it. Tobi doesn't like it either.

Also dailymotion works better than twitch for me mostly. Though I read people saying dailymotion works better in eu and is shit in us, and twitch being shit in eu and good in us. So that might be it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I underestimated people's ability to read the new Roshan timer. Here's a guide to stop the false explanations spreading.

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/10/dota-6-79-roshan-timer-explained/

Cool. Nice job on Live on 3 last night btw, was a pleasure to watch.

Yesterday I matched with a player on my team who was literally new to DotA. He came from League and didn't know any of the heroes. I'm not good at the game but I seriously should not be matching with players like that. The matchmaking experience is so inconsistent especially if you go in alone or in small groups. I wish the game had a tight ranking system that matchmaking was based off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom