• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirlond

I need a team. I'm a good 3/4 and an alright 1. I prefer playing roaming mids, I babysit poorly and do better as an aggressive support.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Any of you guys who just posted looking for a team feel free to PM me. Dotabuff links or whatever would be good to make sure we're largely on the same level. Will get back to people in the morning.

ElyrionX

Whoa. Thanks for the great responses on Invoker, guys.

Actually, another question I have is that I've seen some good Invokers in pubs and they almost always fall off heavily in late game. Is it because his spells don't scale well?

shira

[/b]

Some of us are still in recovery.

;_;

Can we get a clarification on what trash talk is?
like can I call your mother a whore?
or does it have to be 3rd person expression like "mother of whore"
the n word?
the f word?
Gaf ban type language or anything goes?

Not really sure why you made it like this but whatever, we have to be civil on gaf but for tourney we can be assholes to each other?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Like the change to Lion. Also, I can vouch that heavily pushing the creeps really hurts Blood Seeker mid. Works great with Lion. Stun Bloodseeker + Creeps, Steal Mana, repeat.

Ketch

I'm going to complain a lot about the tourney.

For starters I feel like 1 member is too low.
Make it 3 as a base.

Single Elim is good for a tournament, Round Robin good for actually playing games (But more commitment).

Listen to this man.

I ran the GAF SC2 tourney, had a blast!, but it''ll fuckin sneak up on you and turn out to be a pain the butt.

The best plans will need to change as soon as you have some players involved, and it will go long.

I'm pumped to watch though! I can't play because school and
I'm
shit, but if you need any help organizing or whatever PM me.

Dahbomb

Actually, another question I have is that I've seen some good Invokers in pubs and they almost always fall off heavily in late game. Is it because his spells don't scale well?
He has some spells that remain potent in late game too like Alacrity/Deafening Blast but he only does big damage late game if he has right click damage item (like say if he has a Deso or Crits). Normally late game Invoker builds Refresher and he can basically destroy half the team late by just spamming spells. It really depends on your build which will dictate how powerful you will be late game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Invoker only falls off late game if your APM isn't keeping up.

sixghost

New Meepo is very legit as long as you aren't against a team that completely counters him.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/356580712
Build Skadi! It was the best Meepo item before, now it's even better.

There's a pretty neat trick you can do with Meepo now to get an early kill in lane. When you get level 4, don't skill your ult immediately. Try to land a net, then run up to the guy, skill your ult so the second Meepo pops out right beside you, throw the second net, then double poof.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can we get a clarification on what trash talk is?
like can I call your mother a whore?
or does it have to be 3rd person expression like "mother of whore"
the n word?
the f word?
Gaf ban type language or anything goes?

Not really sure why you made it like this but whatever, we have to be civil on gaf but for tourney we can be assholes to each other?

shut up pub scrub ur garbage kid get good ive seen drkirby play a better axe

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Listen to this man.

I ran the GAF SC2 tourney, had a blast!, but it''ll fuckin sneak up on you and turn out to be a pain the butt.

The best plans will need to change as soon as you have some players involved, and it will go long.

I'm pumped to watch though! I can't play because school and
I'm
shit, but if you need any help organizing or whatever PM me.

I'm pretty they really will go thought with it being 2 days, and simply disqualify anyone who can't make it. Maybe they will allow ringers if only 1 or 2 people are missing from a team.

Sanjay, when are you going to be around so we can play?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Poor Borgnine. That coward Sniper and no BKB NS on his team.

Most ridiculous game I've ever played. 88 minutes against a triple heart bloodstone Timbersaw with a simultaneous 5 man wipe. I can confirm though that yes Skadi is the best item on Veno.

BLOODSEEKER REPORT:

Russian FV on team abandoned after 15 minutes. Was stereotypically Russian (actually used сука in regular conversation)

SamVimes

How do we even know how strong we are compared to gaf? Last time i played IH the ihl was still running and lately you guys only play at crazy hours for europeans.

Hylian7

Build Skadi! It was the best Meepo item before, now it's even better.

There's a pretty neat trick you can do with Meepo now to get an early kill in lane. When you get level 4, don't skill your ult immediately. Try to land a net, then run up to the guy, skill your ult so the second Meepo pops out right beside you, throw the second net, then double poof.

I should give that a try. Couldn't you just skill it at level 4 though, have the other Meepo off doing whatever, land a net, and Poof the other guy in?

SamVimes

I should give that a try. Couldn't you just skill it at level 4 though, have the other Meepo off doing whatever, land a net, and Poof the other guy in?

You could but you need to remember that poof deals damage two times, one when he starts and one when he arrives. With this you're ensuring that you get two full poofs.

How do you know? Wasn't aware of this change.

5jib.jpg

JustinBB7

So, you don't actually build heart on Meepo? I used a guide and there was the reaver as core, so I thought I'm supposed to build that into a heart. About boots: Do you go straight for treads? I always went for tranqs first and built treads only later on (if at all).

You can get heart, but the effect doesn't work on all meepos, the reaver stats work on all meepos (well with aghs) so some people prefer stacking reavers. I just get heart anyway myself so my main meepo is always full health.

Okay...Still gonna go with new Tranquils being bullshit. When I'm getting outran even when playing Luna, something's just not right.

And I am honestly not having fun playing Dota anymore. Have lost far too much on this new patch for it to be enjoyable.

sixghost

So, you don't actually build heart on Meepo? I used a guide and there was the reaver as core, so I thought I'm supposed to build that into a heart. About boots: Do you go straight for treads? I always went for tranqs first and built treads only later on (if at all).

I don't like heart on Meepo. A Skadi gives you a comparable amount of HP, but also gives you some extra armor, more attack speed, and damage from the extra agility. Heart makes you really tanky, but your damage output is crap. Meepo's job is to get so outrageously farmed by 35 minutes that you can crush any hero on the map.

G.ZZZ

How do we even know how strong we are compared to gaf? Last time i played IH the ihl was still running and lately you guys only play at crazy hours for europeans.

You're too good for this, i can say with my supernatural evil villain evaluation skills that you're at least in the top 3% (1750 dbr or so) giving that i have to play at 90% of my full power with you :freezer:

jokes aside i think vh players shouldn't play in this and it's a pity because ihs are at absurd times for Europeans that have to wake up early, while I'd really like to play a full gaf game for the lolz.

Speaking if the game, Undying is broken guys, with the new changes to offlane and 40s decay at lvl1 you can 1vs2 like no tomorrow. Too bad he's still pretty ass in the lategame and you really need some pusher with him.

G.ZZZ

Okay...Still gonna go with new Tranquils being bullshit. When I'm getting outran even when playing Luna, something's just not right.

And I am honestly not having fun playing Dota anymore. Have lost far too much on this new patch for it to be enjoyable.

Gonna get home to carry you out of your misery :hug:

On the topic of brood, I feel going for a level of bite early is good because you can ruin your enemy cs with it using it as a pseudo laser and make him unable to trade hits with you. Spiderlings are good but honestly now you should spawn them only if you want to farm jungle or push. Delaying spawn spiderlings also let you skip soul ring to go for some more aggressive lane items like phase + pms early on to make the life of your opponent miserable unless they're sand king. Transition into manta for more splitpush+ dust dispel and 522 ms gg.
Still not gonna play her zzz

SamVimes

You're too good for this, i can say with my supernatural evil villain evaluation skills that you're at least in the top 3% (1750 dbr or so) giving that i have to play at 90% of my full power with you :freezer:

jokes aside i think vh players shouldn't play in this and it's a pity because ihs are at absurd times for Europeans that have to wake up early, while I'd really like to play a full gaf game for the lolz.

Speaking if the game, Undying is broken guys, with the new changes to offlane and 40s decay at lvl1 you can 1vs2 like no tomorrow. Too bad he's still pretty ass in the lategame and you really need some pusher with him.

90%? I thought we were playing really badly on purpose.

Nymerio

You can get heart, but the effect doesn't work on all meepos, the reaver stats work on all meepos (well with aghs) so some people prefer stacking reavers. I just get heart anyway myself so my main meepo is always full health.

I don't like heart on Meepo. A Skadi gives you a comparable amount of HP, but also gives you some extra armor, more attack speed, and damage from the extra agility. Heart makes you really tanky, but your damage output is crap. Meepo's job is to get so outrageously farmed by 35 minutes that you can crush any hero on the map.

oh, ok. And what do you think about boots? Straight treads or tranqs for the jungle? I really like the tranqs because I don't have to go back to base ever.

G.ZZZ

Sam "Fat fingers" Vines can't press on the right button to start game :(

We're doing a couple of matches guys, if someone's up free to join to get anti-carried.

Hylian7

4am Doto is weird doto.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/356801157

I pick Lone Druid and say I would like to offlane. I suggested a trilane top since there weren't any junglers in the pool. The Tiny pick was weird but we'll take it. They run a Tiny Luna Dazzle trilane top, TA mid, I'm soloing bot. I'm against solo Alchemist, Batrider was jungling, Undying and Tusk were top with Invoker mid.

Immediately at level 1 the trilane gets First Blood. I'm bullying Alchemist out of the lane with my bear, pick up my OoV quickly. I'm getting great farm. I hit level 4 and start bullying Alchemist more (two points in bear and two points in Synergy). He starts to get low, panics and runs into the side shop to attempt to juke me but it doesn't work. He says "wp" in chat, calls gg and says a bunch of Russian stuff the rest of the match and then says how his team has no brains. That solo kill gave me level 5, Tusk came bot, as well as our Dazzle, I get a root on him immediately, we kill him too. The other team has pretty much given up at this point, we push straight through and end the game in 17 minutes.

> Game is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom