• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
you see what i hate about the mmr shit is that i am usually the goddamn 5 on my team so i cant really do shit other than provide my shitty carries leads they dont take advantage of and i usually lose.

forever in the trench

start instalocking what you want to play or go out in a party. otherwise, you'll end up playing whatever is left and having your role and options dictated to you.

Ties

Banned
start instalocking what you want to play or go out in a party. otherwise, you'll end up playing whatever is left and having your role and options dictated to you.
oh but i prefer playing the 4 or 5 in my team

my mmr is in the 3k range and the supports are horrid and i'd rather have vision and mediocre carries than no vision and mediocre supports

Vaporak

Do games award a set amount of points? Or can I do something (more kills, cs, gpm, ect) to increase it?

Games seem to reward points based on MMR comparisons. You gain fewer points if you are winning against a team rated below you, and gain more if you win against a team rated above you.

NBtoaster

Given all the complaints about counter picking lately I wonder if there will be a blind pick mode eventually. Especially in ranked where everyone waits 2 minutes before picking. Lets be honest its no fun to be counter picked and winning the game shouldn't be dependant on being able to counter pick.

Given all the complaints about counter picking lately I wonder if there will be a blind pick mode eventually. Especially in ranked where everyone waits 2 minutes before picking. Lets be honest its no fun to be counter picked and winning the game shouldn't be dependant on being able to counter pick.

blind pick would be good. very good, actually. though really in most pubs, it just comes down to how good you are with the heroes you want to play.

BraXzy

blind pick would be good.

That is indeed a cool game mode idea.. would your teammates be blind to your picks or just team vs team? The latter would make more sense right?

And the mode would need to have players spawn at the same time, otherwise one guy could insta pick and call off the enemy team as they drop in. Or I guess they could program in a way to make enemy portraits blank for a period of time at the start.

That is indeed a cool game mode idea.. would your teammates be blind to your picks or just team vs team? The latter would make more sense right?

And the mode would need to have players spawn at the same time, otherwise one guy could insta pick and call off the enemy team as they drop in. Or I guess they could program in a eay to make enemy portraits blank for a period of time at the start.
Do it like League. I'd be just like how AP is now, but you won't see the enemy picks.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Venge is a fun hero. What sort of buffs do you think she needs to be professional dota viable? Is it just a result of the meta? I was thinking it would be nice if she had slightly longer attack range.

She's the best. Gotta pick those trash carries off the ground sometimes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Do it like League. I'd be just like how AP is now, but you won't see the enemy picks.

Well in league you can pick the same heroes right? How do you hide what was picked if two players click the same hero.

Also, as much as people hate it, dota is all about counterpicking. Imagine coming out of blind pick and the enemy team instalocked lycan/brood/chen or some dumb shit and you're stuck with no antipush.

Mohasus

I like it when I'm on dire with a party, level 1 rosh is so easy. Or just pick earth spirit.

But you can have the same champion on both teams on League. That's why blink pick works there.

NBtoaster

Wouldn't work because you have to know what's gone.

Didn't think of that. And I guess this game's balance/visuals doesn't work with the chance of 2 of the same hero in one game. And the ability to still pick heroes a minute into the game.

Oh well. Could do something like just give each team one half of the hero pool and not show picks..

Well in league you can pick the same heroes right? How do you hide what was picked if two players click the same hero.

oh yea good point. Not sure how you'd do it, then.

Can you really? What a weird fucking game.

only in normal, blind pick matches. in every other mode, only one team can have a given champ.

so actually dotes could do it like that if they were so inclined. otherwise, I don't see how blind pick works unless you just present all 10 players a limited amount of the roster such that there is no overalp. Say...3 carries, 3 supports, and 3 offlane/mids. Kinda like how they do single draft, but with more than 3 options. The enemy still won't know who you picked and you wouldn't be limited to just 3 options. You'd have more like 9 or 10. Not ideal, but the only way to do it outside of the exact way League does it which would result in the potential for mirrors.

Hylian7

guess I don't need to watch it...but I did anyway.

1i54.jpg

bjbu.jpg

q4kc.png

This was surely one of the top 10 throws I've seen in pubs in damn near 3 years of dotes. XP lead almost touched 30k and gold lead almost touched 25k. So I'll tell you what I saw:

I saw a Bristleback (love you TommyT but gotta keep it real right now) and and a BH that didn't know when to stop diving. When to stop chasing. When to recognize a battle wouldn't end well until it was about to end badly for the entire team or when it was better to get the fucking objective than another kill. They'd go in...then go in again...then go in again and die for that one last kill, stifling any real opportunities to take T3 towers. Sometimes I think BB went in to support BH's maverick play, but at some point you gotta let a mothafucka just die. Don't complicate matters by you dying as well and leaving supports to fend for themselves.

Sure, they'd get double or triple kills, but in dying themselves they take away all the right-click damage dealing and tanking needed to take towers and rax. They'd overextend (like the late Bristle and BH deaths in bot lane) and force awkward team fights where the team was actually outnumbered 2 to 4 or 3 to 5. Then BH in particular would complicate matters by buying back to get a kill or two, then die again for 110 seconds. Against a team with that kind of push (SS with refresher, NP, and PL), losing ONE (just one) team fight close to your base with those heroes on the other team means all your rax. After that, and with no individual who could push a lane all by themselves, it was over.

Too much chasing when the win was in hand. Too much tunnel vision. Too many over-extensions, thinking the game was over when it wasn't. ESpirit and the rest of the supports did what they could to try to save them from their recurring stupidity, but to no avail. Also, EShaker blowing his refresher just as he dies was just embarrassing. Your team definitely had the team fight to finish that game several times over; just not the intelligence.

Just the cold hard truth.

edit: also what I was saying last week about comebacks in dotes - this kind of comeback is possible because of the enemy team comp and their ability to stall the game. though that ability was strengthened by truly bad decision making by Hylian's team. Remember, friends: Dota 2 is about the OBJECTIVES. Take kills if you can get them, but the OBJECTIVES take priority. Especially if you're playing a hero that's doing all the fucking right-click damage. If you have to choose between a T3 and a melee rax or getting 2 more hero kills...GET THE MOTHAFUCKIN RAX.

Sounds about right, the most broken hero in the game can't outcarry throws (or carry lategame at all rather). I did not notice Earthshaker blowing his Refresher and dieing immediately.

ElyrionX

Haha instalocking a carry probably means you're going to end up in a team of 4 or 5 carries. Picking last will probably result in you playing support more often than other roles but at least it helps increase your chance of winning. Unless, of course, someone picks Sniper.....

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Hit 100 wins today! Losses should be there soon as well :(

9U8aFPp.png

Now it's time to really dig into the game. Seen quite a few comments about how Purge's videos aren't that great but I've learned a bit from him.

Haha instalocking a carry probably means you're going to end up in a team of 4 or 5 carries. Picking last will probably result in you playing support more often than other roles but at least it helps increase your chance of winning. Unless, of course, someone picks Sniper.....

Sometimes that's going to happen. But after awhile, a man deserves to pick who he wants to pick and play the hero he's wanted to play for the last 3 hours but didn't get to because everyone else is selfish.

Worst case scenario: his team picks 2 other carries, he can repick. If your team picks 3 more carries, mine as well keep his carry because it's gonna be a dumb game anyway. It was going to be dumb if he had picked a carry OR support.

9U8aFPp.png

Now it's time to really dig into the game. Seen quite a few comments about how Purge's videos aren't that great but I've learned a bit from him.

congrats! In a few hundred more games, you'll be pretty good! :D

also, don't buy BF on jugg anymore. It's for suckers.

http://i.imgur.com/9U8aFPp.png[IMG]

Now it's time to really dig into the game. Seen quite a few comments about how Purge's videos aren't that great but I've learned a bit from him.[/QUOTE]

Don't buy Battlefury, for starters :P

Also, last night... CARRY OGRE.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/32eiXDz.png

The Gyro abandoned because he was taking last hits, and started in lane with Stout Shield/Quelling Blade. Worked out well.

Hylian7

Time Warner Cable fucks up again, reconnect to ancient falling...

To recap that makes a 9 game loss streak and 3 games Time Warner Cable has lost me (for sure) in the same day. Granted this one was lost probably regardless, the fact that I got disconnected while defending base and came back to the ancient falling seals the deal.

One more try for tonight, no matter how this one goes I'm going to bed after it.

Shinypogs

Ogre magi can fuck right off, I may hate him more than disruptor.

Also ending up as a mid venomancer because apparently no one wanted to go mid or something is really awkward. I was not prepared for that and while it went pretty well I'm sure that was mostly luck. Outside of the actual skill part ( ever so slowly getting there) the hardest thing for me is dealing with unusual situations.

Is treads into mask of madness into butterfly on faceless void a normal thing? Also why is the faceless void on your team either the greatest thing ever or practically useless?

Nymerio

Also ending up as a mid venomancer because apparently no one wanted to go mid or something is really awkward. I was not prepared for that and while it went pretty well I'm sure that was mostly luck. Outside of the actual skill part ( ever so slowly getting there) the hardest thing for me is dealing with unusual situations.

Is treads into mask of madness into butterfly on faceless void a normal thing? Also why is the faceless void on your team either the greatest thing ever or practically useless?

Blowing people up with 4x multicasts is one of the best things in dota. The salt you get is amazing.

ElyrionX

In my near 400 games of Dota 2, I don't think I have ever seen a FV hard carry my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom