• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I've deduced the best possible team composition:

Chen, Omniknight, Abbadon, Juggernaut, and Dazzle.

There is obviously no possible counter to this. I have solved Dota. We can all play something else now.

And my Axe!

I can see it now...Abbadon walks up, low HP with Borrowed Time enabled. And let's throw a Shallow Grave on him too, because why not. Surely Abbadon didn't need the HP from Borrowed Time anyway, right? And Omni, ever the clever one, casts Guardian Angel.

Axe walks up and says good day, sir. =(

http://dotabuff.com/matches/477559610

Shit like this makes me want to quit dota.

damn son.

but going 50 minutes against PL is asking for trouble. especially without a real carry (though BH can fill in admirably, it's not quite the same). I just don't know how your team comp pushes and finishes. I see how they gank...but pushing the T3's seems to not be part of the plan.

maybe if BB had gone AC instead rad? idk.

watching the replay to see what went wrong.

IceMarker

http://dotabuff.com/matches/477559610

Shit like this makes me want to quit dota.

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A GAF STACK ASAP

I can see it now...Abbadon walks up, low HP with Borrowed Time enabled. And let's throw a Shallow Grave on him too, because why not. Surely Abbadon didn't need the HP from Borrowed Time anyway, right? And Omni, ever the clever one, casts Guardian Angel.

Axe walks up and says good day, sir. =(

I would be appalled if I ran into people that dumb even in solo queue. I guess the mistimed, misclicked Shallow Grave/Guardian Angel onto the bright teal Abaddon can happen.

Hylian7

The throw of the century that would make make EG quiver in its boots. "Outcarried" is more accurate. No one would group to go break the base and instead chased kills when we had free rax right in front of us. We had no real carry, and of course not everyone was there. People would commit us to fights not everyone was ready for, usually by getting caught out on something they could obviously see coming. Of course the team blamed Bristleback (TommyT), however the rest of them refused to push when the problem of a NP and a PL would only get worse and we could easily hit them and win it early. But nooooooooo, rice more and go after more stupid kills, because who needs raxes, right?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
After seeing the lack of love for Brew, I think I might start learning him. Any hot tipz from the proz?

I did the same thing, played a few games with him today. What I did was pretty much just use Earth Panda's stun and the Storm Panda's cyclo-

It's easy to spot a shitty brew because they do nothing but use the earth panda's stun and the storm panda's cyclone.

Oh.

IceMarker

The throw of the century that would make make EG quiver in its boots. "Outcarried" is more accurate. No one would group to go break the base and instead chased kills when we had free rax right in front of us. We had no real carry, and of course not everyone was there. People would commit us to fights not everyone was ready for, usually by getting caught out on something they could obviously see coming. Of course the team blamed Bristleback (TommyT), however the rest of them refused to push when the problem of a NP and a PL would only get worse and we could easily hit them and win it early. But nooooooooo, rice more and go after more stupid kills, because who needs raxes, right?

Did you explain to your team this? Meh, sounds like they wouldn't have listened anyways.

My ideal 6.80 patch notes.

C'mon man, I used to hate the fuck out of Shadowblade as support, but ever since they bumped up the auto-gold rate in 6.79 Sentries/Dust are an easy buy. Slark is the true enemy, near full immunity for 4 seconds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
>Earth Spirit

Immediately loses all credibility.

I would be appalled if I ran into people that dumb even in solo queue. I guess the mistimed, misclicked Shallow Grave/Guardian Angel onto the bright teal Abaddon can happen.

Haha, yeah. I would actually be really surprised if this has never happened. People tend to just spam all of their abilities in teamfights, at least in lower skilled solo queue.

My ideal 6.80 patch notes.

make shadow amulet also do something other than build into a shadow blade

make it into like a support item with unlimited uses of smoke with a 2 minute cooldown or something

tp to boots of travel is smoke to this new crazy item

instead the fade time is just going to be lowered

again

guess I don't need to watch it...but I did anyway.

1i54.jpg

bjbu.jpg

q4kc.png

This was surely one of the top 10 throws I've seen in pubs in damn near 3 years of dotes. XP lead almost touched 30k and gold lead almost touched 25k. So I'll tell you what I saw:

I saw a Bristleback (love you TommyT but gotta keep it real right now) and and a BH that didn't know when to stop diving. When to stop chasing. When to recognize a battle wouldn't end well until it was about to end badly for the entire team or when it was better to get the fucking objective than another kill. They'd go in...then go in again...then go in again and die for that one last kill, stifling any real opportunities to take T3 towers. Sometimes I think BB went in to support BH's maverick play, but at some point you gotta let a mothafucka just die. Don't complicate matters by you dying as well and leaving supports to fend for themselves.

Sure, they'd get double or triple kills, but in dying themselves they take away all the right-click damage dealing and tanking needed to take towers and rax. They'd overextend (like the late Bristle and BH deaths in bot lane) and force awkward team fights where the team was actually outnumbered 2 to 4 or 3 to 5. Then BH in particular would complicate matters by buying back to get a kill or two, then die again for 110 seconds. Against a team with that kind of push (SS with refresher, NP, and PL), losing ONE (just one) team fight close to your base with those heroes on the other team means all your rax. After that, and with no individual who could push a lane all by themselves, it was over.

Too much chasing when the win was in hand. Too much tunnel vision. Too many over-extensions, thinking the game was over when it wasn't. ESpirit and the rest of the supports did what they could to try to save them from their recurring stupidity, but to no avail. Also, EShaker blowing his refresher just as he dies was just embarrassing. Your team definitely had the team fight to finish that game several times over; just not the intelligence.

Just the cold hard truth.

edit: also what I was saying last week about comebacks in dotes - this kind of comeback is possible because of the enemy team comp and their ability to stall the game. though that ability was strengthened by truly bad decision making by Hylian's team. Remember, friends: Dota 2 is about the OBJECTIVES. Take kills if you can get them, but the OBJECTIVES take priority. Especially if you're playing a hero that's doing all the fucking right-click damage. If you have to choose between a T3 and a melee rax or getting 2 more hero kills...GET THE MOTHAFUCKIN RAX.

kasane

Playing earth spirit: you deserve to lose.
Only half kidding

Mohasus

Talking about throws:

Code:
[img]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/720871170403011104/B541A2BA19ED461FC6D587A451F63CB93D7A0A73/[/img]

I was the alchemist, pretty sure we had lost because they had a fed PA + riki and brood had taken our T3 pretty fast, then they kept coming one at a time and dying and eventually we won.

Playing earth spirit: you deserve to lose.
Only half kidding

I don't know if BH spoke english or not (you never know in Dotes), but I would have been screaming at this mothafucka to stop being so fucking greedy and to BB to stay with the rest of the team if BH goes chasing anymore.

Team in position to take T3 top and a lane of rax? Fuck that, lemmie chase NP, Timbersaw and Lion around their T4's and die next to their fountain. The lack of respect for the damage output and disables from Lion and Shaman coupled with that Timbersaw pure damage...well...maybe they all learned a lesson. Or, maybe they all just blamed each other and learned nothing.

I was the alchemist, pretty sure we had lost because they had a fed PA + riki and brood had taken our T3 pretty fast, then they kept coming one at a time and dying and eventually we won.

that's basically the recipe for throwing: go in 1 or 2 at a time with no respect for the other team's 4 or 5 grouping. that's how Hylian's team lost.

Satch

Banned
ive played over 500 matches of this game and didnt even know you could do this until i saw my friends do it just now

this is probably old news to the more seasoned players but it made my jaw drop when it happened. i asked my friend (playing visage) what made him use force staff on her and he said "i thought it'd make her stop" lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rX42VzlfqM&feature=youtu.be

also im sorry the video is ugly i have no idea what im doing

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ive played over 500 matches of this game and didnt even know you could do this until i saw my friends do it just now

this is probably old news to the more seasoned players but it made my jaw drop when it happened. i asked my friend (playing visage) what made him use force staff on her and he said "i thought it'd make her stop" lmao

Use OBS next time.
Also yeah push abilities don't break channeling, some could be more well defined though.

shadowblade doesnt break channeling either

#cantstunwhatyoucantsee

3000 in and i didn't know that.

shadowblade doesnt break channeling either

#cantstunwhatyoucantsee

but that I knew.

Ties

Banned

that match was horrid look at this shit

look at the feed

http://dotabuff.com/matches/477551536

'Taylor Swift is on a killing spree!'

Who else?
c3ed7b23.gif

But yes, like Ties said, the match sucked. I should have built a BKB instead of another damage item and Drow needed to get her important items way earlier. Buying a shadow blade before you get your yasha while they are trying to take racks is a bit messy.

Satch

Banned
Do games award a set amount of points? Or can I do something (more kills, cs, gpm, ect) to increase it?

i think more kills will give you ranking points? im actually completely unsure of how it works. some people say their rank goes down when they lose no matter how well they do, but others say that they do really well, lose, and see a rank increase.

Ties

Banned
you see what i hate about the mmr shit is that i am usually the goddamn 5 on my team so i cant really do shit other than provide my shitty carries leads they dont take advantage of and i usually lose.

forever in the trench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom