• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I don't like this at all anymore. With the revelation of bot upvoting, these guys are just parroting the front page. They even featured that awful artificially upvoted robo nyx set. They are working with clegfx and redmoon and at the same time sucking up to all the other top artists with little to no criticism.

- anuxi
- terracotta
- redmoon
- dotafx
- airborn

last week it was
- dondon
- zaphk
- yi
- kpax

the week before
- clegfx, :3, kunkka
- vlad
- robo nyx set

bounchfx

yeah I'm actually stunned that it was paired down to so little, but hell if I'm gonna complain. I will just say I am super floored with how many straight up quality sets were submitted. I really hope that the DP set gets more attention as well as Airborn's Juggarnaut. The Gyro is also really well done.

dmshaposv

I wouldn't have put anuxi's set in the top 5 (with all due respect, since I love her sets - have the Mirana, Luna and Lina ones).

It honestly doesn't seem fair to even have a top 5 for this spring thing since I noticed a lot of great sets in general.

Day one purchases for me:

Spring ability pack
Gyro set
Red moon/bounch 3 spirits set

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ibz4rbYyc1TitZ.png

Out.

Played.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SD + Mirana is such a dirty combo.
And so, so much fun to play.

We didn't do that even once.

These were the lanes:

Radiant:
Top - Kotl
Mid - Pick
Jungle - Lego Commander
Bot - Pudge/Jugg

Dire:
Top - Mirana
Jungle - CM
Mid - Timber
Bot - Ogre/SD

No tricks/gimmicks needed. Just plays for days.

Poor poor matt. Thats all I have to say, Poor poor matt:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/480235248
I watched maybe half of that and just lost interest.

Damn shame when you can't win a game like that. Not a fan of Sing's build. Would liked to have seen him with a BKB and a Scepter to go with the Heart, Shivas and Mjollnir. But I'm sure that's not why they lost.

Also, no reason for Matt to not be given an opportunity to get up better items in a fucking 2 hours game. His team should have given him the opportunity to farm up a sheep and a mek at minimum. Maybe an Atos. idk.

For the team to only have 1 fucking sheep stick purchased in damn near 2 hours of play makes me want to strangle someone. Itemization loses matches more than anything else. Swear to god.

I guess this is what happens when 2 players decide to suck the entire map dry of farm opportunities. The gap between Sing's + Druid's farm and everyone else on the team...let's just say that the LOWEST farmed hero on the enemy team had more farm than the 3rd highest farmer for Sing's team. Not gunna cut it.

dmshaposv

How do you even go up to 1hr 30 mins+?

Like the longest game I've played is around 1hr. After about 45 mins, the creeps alone push to T3s even if there is no hero split-pushing.

How do you even go up to 1hr 30 mins+?

Like the longest game I've played is around 1hr. After about 45 mins, the creeps alone push to T3s even if there is no hero split-pushing.

Keep playing. I've had some 90-100 minute marathons. It happens when neither team can get a really good team fight advantage. all the carries go down leaving supports who can't push lanes to fall back and lick their wounds. It's often complicated by lack of pushing items like meks and urns or team comps that can't break bases easily (or enemy comps who a really, really good at defending the base).

Also, we're talking about pubs. People will make bad decisions, communicate poorly, and not push advantages. Random pickoffs and such.

edit: and honestly, I don't know how Sing and Matt even have the energy to queue up for another match. Sing has been playing for what? at least 6 or 7 hours now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Rumors from reddit say the spring event won't start till next week. I still expect some sort of patch tomorrow, but likely some bug fixes with the client and start dropping the holiday boxes.

Rumors from reddit say the spring event won't start till next week. I still expect some sort of patch tomorrow, but likely some bug fixes with the client and start dropping the holiday boxes.

Well it's possible that they'd delay a larger update and deploy it to the test client tomorrow then the main client on Friday. they've done that before. But no reason to get our hopes up, I suppose.

edit: what fucking time is it in Ukraine for Puppey to still be up?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well it's possible that they'd delay a larger update and deploy it to the test client tomorrow then the main client on Friday. they've done that before. But no reason to get our hopes up, I suppose.

edit: what fucking time is it in Ukraine for Puppey to still be up?
It it a time of civil unrest, where a government is attempting to remove the civil liberties of its citizens, and violent protests occur in the nation's capital. A historic time that is likely to change the political landscape there forever.

It's also 9:20 am.

Kard8p3

I watched maybe half of that and just lost interest.

Damn shame when you can't win a game like that. Not a fan of Sing's build. Would liked to have seen him with a BKB and a Scepter to go with the Heart, Shivas and Mjollnir. But I'm sure that's not why they lost.

Also, no reason for Matt to not be given an opportunity to get up better items in a fucking 2 hours game. His team should have given him the opportunity to farm up a sheep and a mek at minimum. Maybe an Atos. idk.

For the team to only have 1 fucking sheep stick purchased in damn near 2 hours of play makes me want to strangle someone. Itemization loses matches more than anything else. Swear to god.

I guess this is what happens when 2 players decide to suck the entire map dry of farm opportunities. The gap between Sing's + Druid's farm and everyone else on the team...let's just say that the LOWEST farmed hero on the enemy team had more farm than the 3rd highest farmer for Sing's team. Not gunna cut it.
Position 6 player.
jAUnHaP.png

Sibylus

Banned
BepzRXNCcAEpOcH.png:large

Let's make predictions for how long it'll take the Korean scene to catch the rest, and to take the lead.

Catch: 1 Year
Lead: 1.5 Years

shira

[IM]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BepzRXNCcAEpOcH.png:large[/IMG]

Let's make predictions for how long it'll take the Korean scene to catch the rest, and to take the lead.

Catch: 1 Year
Lead: 1.5 Years

Catch(not last place in international LAN) - 1 year
Lead - depends when Alliance and Navi retire - especially with their reluctance to travel. A full Korean team, probably a looonng ass time. Even Singapore with Loda and Ice was only able to go so far plus you need a timing window. Before they hit military service but after high-school. Plus they have to re-train all the LoL kids. No frakking way the current gen with March and Blitz is the answer. It ought to be some homegrown team who are force fed dota for the sake of national pride.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I think people should just be hoping that Dota takes off in Korea than expecting them to do anything at TI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom