• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Prolly tourney updates this week.

According to "unnamed sources", the Chinese New Year/Spring Festival game is expected online between 27-30 January, and that the open Beta of Dota 2 in China will be after March.

So ~27/28-30/31 with the time difference for Lotus Chest 2014

elyetis

I wouldn't have put anuxi's set in the top 5 (with all due respect, since I love her sets - have the Mirana, Luna and Lina ones).
It deserve even better than being in a top 5 just for actually being one of the very few set taking into account that it's the year of the horse.

dmshaposv

It deserve even better than being in a top 5 just for actually being one of the very few set taking into account that it's the year of the horse.

I respect that (even said that earlier) it doesn't use the cliched dragons/cherry blossom elements as all the other sets. However, the execution makes it feel more Roman-esque than Chinese.

I know she is updating it, so lets see how it looks when that happens.

shira

"A new event is coming to Dota 2 at the end of January, and we are looking for submissions that draw on visual themes from the Chinese New Year, Chinese history, and springtime."

idk, its fine either way it is a really well made set. I don't see the difference between landing a few weeks after or part of the CNY blitz. In fact it might even sell better if it has its own week as spotlight item. We all drool at the new sets, but I can't afford 10 new sets. I'll probably get 1 and piece together another one from the Lotus game and get the rest from market sales on the cheap.

elyetis

I respect that (even said that earlier) it doesn't use the cliched dragons/cherry blossom elements as all the other sets. However, the execution makes it feel more Roman-esque than Chinese.

I know she is updating it, so lets see how it looks when that happens.
I see what you mean, thought for me it's more of a good thing than a bad thing. Going more into the fact that it's the year of the horse ( hard subject I think ) more than trying to transform every single character into a chinese/asian stereotype character.

Other sets take which year it is so little into account, just that "it is a something something chinese", that I can't see that event coming back next year, just because we would end up with so many of this kind of set that it would feel like playing a corean F2P.
"A new event is coming to Dota 2 at the end of January, and we are looking for submissions that draw on visual themes from the Chinese New Year, Chinese history, and springtime.".
I'm not saying it's not what Valve want, just that I personnaly find sad that it represent a very very very small minority.

M.D

Had no time to play all week except one Invoker bot match each day
It feels... good? I don't feel like I need to play every time I can anymore.. I'M FREE! I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

shira

i0lowrtbcy61z.jpg

gollum1.jpg

terminator2thumb-1.jpg

F!ReW!Re

http://dotabuff.com/matches/480540326

Lycan disconnect at 20 mins? Bounty gives no fucks, I got track gold for days. I remember Dreams posting how this is one of the heroes where you forget to cs if you are bad at him but I honestly never have time for it between all the killing lol.

A lot of people try "farming" with bounty hunter. Which is WRONG.
Battlefury bounty hunter going for jungle farm is a failed bounty hunter. (hence the name)
This dude needs to roam the second he hits level 6 and get tracked kills off.

Ganking on mid and the other lane will net you some easy kills/money allowing you to snowball.
Also; people need to max shuri before the jinada, 1 level of jinada is enough early game since the bonus damage (a percentage of his total damage) isn't great early game.
A maxed shuri toss will net you the kill whereas a maxed jinada early game most of the time won't since, they'll either disable you and outrun you and you can't reach them in time to get the kill.

Once you get that Deso up, it's burst damage galore and most supports die within a couple of seconds.

Love bounty. Haven't played him in ages :-(
Will try and pick him for offlane tonight (and get yelled at because of the "bad" draft).

Razzer

A lot of people try "farming" with bounty hunter. Which is WRONG.
Battlefury bounty hunter going for jungle farm is a failed bounty hunter. (hence the name)
This dude needs to roam the second he hits level 6 and get tracked kills off.

Ganking on mid and the other lane will net you some easy kills/money allowing you to snowball.

Once you get that Deso up, it's burst damage galore and most supports die within a couple of seconds.

Love bounty. Haven't played him in ages :-(
Will try and pick him for offlane tonight (and get yelled at because of the "bad" draft).

Yep, that's what I did. Get a quick and easy level 6 as most pubs don't know how to zone out a bounty even with detection. Then go gank, and prioritize getting track kills. I noticed at the end of the game just how much supports must love having a bounty. It really boosts their gpm. And I am aware of the atrocious Battlefury build, I think the cs thing was more if you get behind just standing around not doing anything as you are not able to get any ganks so instead of farming until an opportunity appears some will just wait invis at mid or something.

The fact that I outfarmed a Spectre that went midas radiance pleases me greatly :)

Edit: I remember some discussion here about jinada vs Shuri, and apparently the mana cost of shuri means you should max jinada first? I don't get a bottle usually so I reckoned this was a better build, but if this is the case I may switch it up a bit.

F!ReW!Re

Edit: I remember some discussion here about jinada vs Shuri, and apparently the mana cost of shuri means you should max jinada first? I don't get a bottle usually so I reckoned this was a better build, but if this is the case I may switch it up a bit.

That's why I always pick up the bassilus.
The mana regen will definitely help, not to mention you being able to turn it into vlads.

Jinada is great, it's just not useful to max it before you max shuri IMO.
I usually go something like this:
Shadow walk - jinada - shuri - shuri- shadow walk (allowing you to stay constantly invis, although I sometimes get level 3 shuri here) - Track.
Then max Shuri, then max jinada, etc.

inkls

Probably gonna buy that dp set. So good. Also, can't seem to find the jugg boar set in the store, awesome mask and sword

Razzer

That's why I always pick up the bassilus.
The mana regen will definitely help, not to mention you being able to turn it into vlads.

Jinada is great, it's just not useful to max it before you max shuri IMO.
I usually go something like this:

shadow walk - jinada - shuri - shuri- shadow walk (allowing you to stay constantly invis, although I sometimes get level 3 shuri here) - Track.

Then max Shuri, then max jinada, etc.

I'll try it out for sure!

wtf m8 no patch cyborgmatt ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ

Didn't expect an event with this patch, I'm taking rumors with a grain of salt. I'd be satisfied if it were just Terrorblade.

They should make the relationship totally screwed up between AM and Terrorblade. TB should have non demonic voice lines when dealing with AM, like in the poster where it looks like he's being tortured.

ViviOggi

Icefrog has nerfed pubstompers like SB and Drow before.

Ehh, both got adjusted a bit after big reworks (which they got because the frog thought they were too weak during all those years they were labelled as pubstompers).
Ghosts on the other hand have always been really strong, the buff was just his typical nudge in order to remind the pros that the hero exists.

ElyrionX

Just went 0-10 as Slark and was a major reason for my team losing. Zzzzzzzzzz. I haven't fed so hard in a longass time. Fuck. Worst of all, it's to Riki. I fucking hate that hero. Fuck.

I feel like death prophet is definitely a little too strong in pubs, it seems like she can get farm so easily in the mid lane with her ability to AOE kill creeps. And then if she gets a quick bloodstone, combined with her ult, she's almost impossible to kill, while dishing out a ton of teamfight damagae if you try to get anywhere near her.

rugioh

Banned
Ask me anything about slark, my favorite/best hero. So much fun

What do you build on him? I go orb of venom/treads/S&Y because I feel like he can't flashfarm fast enough for a skadi straight up earlier on... but I feel like I'm lacking something to get kills with just treads and an orb. Do you play him mid or in safelane?

Razzer

What do you build on him? I go orb of venom/treads/S&Y because I feel like he can't flashfarm fast enough for a skadi straight up earlier on... but I feel like I'm lacking something to get kills with just treads and an orb. Do you play him mid or in safelane?

I like going for a basher after treads. Gives damage and when you pounce someone you should get a bash whilst they are leashed with a little luck. After that I go for the Skadi usually. With level 4 dark pact you can farm very quickly actually, though jungle creeps are still rather tough.

M.D

Come back after a week long break and feed 2 games

Did I always suck or do I just need some games to get going

g9XNsor.jpg

rugioh

Banned
Come back after a week long break and feed 2 games

Did I always suck or do I just need some games to get going

g9XNsor.jpg

I'm scared about sucking when Bravely Default comes out.. I probably won't be playing dota2 everyday like I do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom