• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

By no means is AC bad, but it particularly doesn't press any unique advantages of the hero in the case of that game. An MKB at 25-30 minutes with a Blink would have let you kill a lot of solo heroes and keep snowballing, and eventually would be insurance against the Medusa.

Also to be borne in mind is that a miss on that Butterfly could be a missed bash. That's hugely crippling lategame.

So I should have gone Treads - Armlet - Blink - MKB - BKB - Heart?

Surely the loss of attack speed with punish you late game?

Aren't bashes always truestrike? At least sniper's is.

No, it goes through magic immunity

Demoli

By no means is AC bad, but it particularly doesn't press any unique advantages of the hero in the case of that game. An MKB at 25-30 minutes with a Blink would have let you kill a lot of solo heroes and keep snowballing, and eventually would be insurance against the Medusa.

Also to be borne in mind is that a miss on that Butterfly could be a missed bash. That's hugely crippling lategame.

Aren't bashes always truestrike? At least sniper's is.

That medusa had an abysmal item choice. Manta and Butterfly before Skadi or MKB?. And only 3 5k+ gold items at 50 mins? smh.

Itemization was fine.

Dusa needed the Linken's or BKB. Dusa also needed the bfly and manta for ehp, miss and damage. Lack of quantity in itemization is the problem here. I assume that's because of all the deaths and Sniper securing so many kills (thus taking the gold out of the pocket of the one person who really could carry that game. That Medusa carries that game if she can finish her next item (MKB). I dislike the lack of lifesteal, but that's my personal preference, as I like Satanic on her.

Lack of Sheep sticks make me a sad panda.

Treads --> Blink --> HP item of your choice --> BKB --> Heart/AC --> MKB/Heart/AC.

PA should have been building an MKB. You would be the second option as the MKB carrier because your primary job is to tank.

Sibylus

Banned
Headshots don't miss, but the same isn't true for Slardar's bash afaik.

With you on the bolded, after that your options are open to you because between the treads and armlet (or a helm if going econ), you don't direly need more attack speed if you correctly make use of your Amp in teamfights (the dps is going to be immense regardless). If that requires a support to break the Linken's on the Medusa, it's 100% worth it. Amp her up, don't miss on any bashes with the MKB, keep her from attacking as long as possible. The blink lets you avoid getting stoned up, so you can afford to play patiently.

Demoli

I just bought a ticket on the market [url="http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/CIS%20Carnage%202014"that said it came with forge spirits[/url], but when I activated it, I didn't get my spirits

wat do? Did I waste a dollar on a tournament I'm not going to watch??

Most likely, since when you buy a ticket you don't get a bundle, but the ticket and the item seperatly.

Hylian7

0Df7jex.png

Kard8p3

Sigh, just had to abandon a game :(

Had like 800 ping for 10 minutes, had no farm and was completely useless, team was better off without me.

I'm fine with that courier so long as it doesn't mention naga is it's mother. Thing still looks ugly as hell.

Given that its likely phoenix will be released next week, what position is she usually played? Her kit suggests maybe a solo hardlane or even mid position.

Quesa

http://dotabuff.com/matches/482932532

Ok so this was a ranked captains mode. They picked axe last and went tri bottom with axe, dazzle, and ab and basically pushed towers and deathballed from the get go. They took towers and forced us to stay together while drow split push and farmed. We had someone doing the same, but their teamfight beat ours and they basically just snowballed using the early aggression. Was there a way to stop this with this draft, or were we outdrafted? It's one of those losses that really got to me, because it was such a cheesy thing to do but we lost to it. I don't wanna lose to this again and would like to know how to stop this kind of play.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://dotabuff.com/matches/482932532

Ok so this was a ranked captains mode. They picked axe last and went tri bottom with axe, dazzle, and ab and basically pushed towers and deathballed from the get go. They took towers and forced us to stay together while drow split push and farmed. We had someone doing the same, but their teamfight beat ours and they basically just snowballed using the early aggression. Was there a way to stop this with this draft, or were we outdrafted? It's one of those losses that really got to me, because it was such a cheesy thing to do but we lost to it. I don't wanna lose to this again and would like to know how to stop this kind of play.

You guys have a ridiculously strong low level lineup. I'm thinking you just got outplayed.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So how, specifically, should we have dealt with the creep-skipping and sustainability of their aggressive trilane?

I dunno because I didn't watch the replay but if they were 4-man pushing you while Drow was off at the farm you should have been counter pushing other lanes and ganking the hell out of Drow. A Drow on her own is as good as dead. Especially with the gank/stun heavy lineup you guys had. Buy a smoke and ruin her day. Dazzle, Axe and Abaddon have approximately zero pushing power so I don't see how they were able to be so successful with early aggression aside from just outplaying your team. Depending on who you had laned against them you should have been rotating in to deal with them. Like six said, you had a far superior trilane option with Storm and and Viper capable of soloing against their other 2 heroes.

I dunno because I didn't watch the replay but if they were 4-man pushing you while Drow was off at the farm you should have been counter pushing other lanes and ganking the hell out of Drow. A Drow on her own is as good as dead. Especially with the gank/stun heavy lineup you guys had. Buy a smoke and ruin her day. Dazzle, Axe and Abaddon have approximately zero pushing power so I don't see how they were able to be so successful with early aggression aside from just outplaying your team. Depending on who you had laned against them you should have been rotating in to deal with them. Like six said, you had a far superior trilane option with Storm and and Viper capable of soloing against their other 2 heroes.

are we talking about the same axe and dazzle

Quesa

Did you go tri vs tri with tiny rubick and cm?

we dualaned until we saw what they were doing, after which cm went bot. By that time we were basically fighting between the t2 and t1 towers and we weren't getting any exp

Dazzle, Axe and Abaddon have approximately zero pushing power so I don't see how they were able to be so successful with early aggression aside from just outplaying your team. .

Axe would creep skip using two stouts, ab would w and q him, and dazzle would heal him, so he was unkillable. Daz and ab would stay back and if we went on them they'd run back and do it again. We couldn't do more than lift/frostbite since we were level one because of the lack of creeps.

Mohasus

Here's how I would have done it.

Viper solo bot behind the trees with a tp, hitting once to remove the agro from the tower and then hiding.

CM + rubick roaming, each smoke would be a kill because it is a silencer and a drow. Should be an easy first blood mid during the first wave, storm would snowball.

Axe would creep skip using two stouts, ab would w and q him, and dazzle would heal him, so he was unkillable. Daz and ab would stay back and if we went on them they'd run back and do it again. We couldn't do more than lift/frostbite since we were level one because of the lack of creeps.
You didn't need to kill them.

G.ZZZ

Game starts. Teammate says bye and abandons a couple minutes into the game after feeding a kill.

Why

After 5 losses in a row, at 4:30 of the morning, i couldn't just stop. I couldn't. So i queued again. AP it is. Someone random DK after a Luna pick, at which our luna responded with "you'll have fun when i'll feed this game". Our last pick was a Pudge solo offlane. Strangely, i wasn't even upset. I was so exausted from all the retarded losses from the last night that i thought that was only natural, with people losing absurdly lopsided matchups like OD vs Puck or going 0-11 as a mid invoker vs slark. This was only natural. I pick treant, and go with luna. After 2 min, luna overextend and die against their timber + backup.

At this point, luna start farming the jungle, i switch the support to whoever need it, without saying a word, completely ignoring all worldy feelign and sensations. After the 6th feed in a row of luna, our team which on the other hand was still decent, the Luna suicided intentionally one last time and left. At this point we got DP, DK, Treant and Pudge. We have no outer towers and the score is all for them. And we fucking won. After a copious amount of sweat.

+25, yes. My only win tonight were a +12 and a +25 from a 1 hour game 4vs5. Because apparently i'm singsing and the game expect me to win with 50% chance even 4vs5, and if i win normal i can get 10 points at most. I've lost 150 points but i don't even care. I can't end with idiots in team all the time, and i'll get to my rightful spot: the top of the copper tier.

Chris R

Lion is silly fun when you enter team fights with full mana. I need to get better at sucking guys off so I can frog their carry and then finger a support.

It's of my opinion Pheonix will look like this

If they go with the imp thing, it will have been a huge waste of probably the easiest hero in the game to fit to the Chinese style.

We've already seen the materials they're using for Phoenix, haven't we?

Plus his name is 'Icarus', which is about as Chinese as windmills and tulips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom